Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

Nobody here can quantify or characterize how many people cooperated or didn't cooperate with the Delphi investigation. That's a question for the investigators to answer. We can assume some cooperated fully and some refused and everyone's reasons for their choices were multifactorial.

2. Blanche

Blanche Well-Known Member

what a great video , that guy is good! Question, how do we know the girls passed him and then he turned around to follow them and Libby turned to video as suggested in this YT video? could they have been walking to the end of the bridge, stayed there a while then started to head back and he was already coming along the bridge then towards them as they were headed back and Libby took the video just in case?

3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I agree, the discovery site was definitely not just south of the cemetery. That would make it closer than 1/2 mile downstream. That urban myth may have been formed because the cemetery has been mentioned as the perps parking spot so often.

In the past others have placed the location where the bodies were found based on that .5 mile distance about somewhere where I’ve drawn the red circle. It’s not immediately on the other side of the sand bar but it is very close, across the creek, from the road that becomes a private drive for the home at the end of it.

upload_2021-3-18_10-41-23.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Thelastleg, TL4S and Yemelyan like this.
  4. MistyWaters

Double post.

5. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

@MistyWaters already mentioned that the distance quoted was actually 1 mile east of Freedom Bridge (over the highway), and ISP.gov says "one-half mile upstream from [Monan High] bridge" (over the creek). Here's two maps with approx. distances, which is all we have been given.

Attached Files:

6. MistyWaters

We don’t know, that’s only his theory.

Blanche likes this.
  7. MistyWaters

Yes, the unanswered question would be how was the .5 mile distance measured? One way, commonly referred to “as the crow flies” ie straight, the other way “upstream” could be the true distance along the creek which takes into account the curvature, the bends in the creek. The two different means of measurements would yield different results.

But you’re right, neither way identifies the location to be due south of the cemetery.

8. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Yes. I've measured both ways. Here's one that's still less than a half-mile. No matter where from the bridge you meaure, or how you measure, one-half mile puts you much farther east than the presumed location. JMO

Attached Files:

9. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photo! THat helps! I've looked at google earth for a bit and a bowl was mentioned as the crime scene... could either of these areas be it? The red area shows one possible "bowl" shape, and the blue area shows another possible area closer to the water. The first image with red and blue is from google earth, dated April 11, 2017.

The second image is showing only a blue area closer to the water... also google earth, but from 2012. I kinda wonder if maybe they were in the blue zone? I don't yet know how to measure distance in maps / earth so if I'm way off mathematically, someone pls help a lost soul out!

Attached Files:

10. photographer4

I knew I should have read and caught up before posting my crude red and blue lines!

TL4S and MistyWaters like this.
  11. MistyWaters

Here’s another map - It took me awhile to find this clickable one which someone else had been posted before, indicating land ownership. But it also clearly indicates indeed RL owns the land along the creek bank below the cemetery however he also owns the land east as well, all along that north side of the curve/swerving of Deer Creek which appears to identify the location somewhere appx 1/2 mile upstream from the high bridge.

Beacon - Carroll County, IN - Map

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    DeDee, Pyschsandi, cbeagle and 3 others like this.
  12. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

13. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

It was just a random photo found using google images. The only intent was to show that flipped images are out there, and I simply thought it would be nice for folks to be aware of that fact.

I personally, if wishing to look at photos of BG, go to the ISP: Home website.

I think your photo of the area with the red circle, posted a page or so ago, is probably pretty accurate as to the area of the CS where the bodies were found. I've always thought toward the left of your circle, but it could be anywhere in that general vicinity. :)

14. photographer4

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I have been thinking the area I circled in red is most likely the right vicinity just based on the idea that they were found in a bowl type shape, and LE (KR) said he could stand about 2/300 ft away and look down on their bodies from a ridge. That area appears to fit that description at a glance, but I'm not local and so I've no idea.

15. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the area you circled in red is a depression resulting from historic quarry activity. One of the things I think of when seeking to determine a close location to where the girls were found is to seek out the video that RL shows the reporter the crime scene tape, paying attention to the walk they took to get to that spot.

From my perspective, they are actually standing at the lower right corner of your red circle, and RL is pointing on down to the bottom land near the creek, and that is where the CS tape is seen.

You can actually see the depression of the old quarry in the video, giving perspective as to where they are standing.

Looking at your red circle, I think they are standing near the lower right corner, where one of your red 'dashes' meets up with a blue 'dot'.

There are two videos at this link, watch both of them :)

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

DeDee and Diddian like this.
  16. MistyWaters

There’s also topographical maps linked on some long ago thread, indicating broad elevations. For sure, none of the area is flat and we also know the creek is much lower in altitude otherwise such a long bridge over solid land wouldn’t have been required to assist in levelling out the old railway.

Because we don’t have close up views, because google makes everything appear flat, it’d be impossible to recognize any dips or gullies.

Also considering we know the location where the bodies were discovered is on private land, I think LE is prudent to not offer the public a precise location in order to protect landowners on both sides of the creek from curious trespassers. ....much like a lot of information that’s been withheld about this case, we just don’t know. JMO

17. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Well, shoot... I must have missed that one.

18. sandy_80

sandy_80 Well-Known Member

cause since they were already talking about ( that man behind them ) creeping them off..
    Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family | wthr.com

DeDee, kkdj and somequestions like this.
  19. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Just maps from the beginning for a visual of the "lay of the land" so to speak when we were there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

All that talk at the April 2019 press conference was LE guessing he is a local. If I guessed that it was someone from Flora, IN should we try to DNA test every male in Flora, IN? I know others do not agree, but what it comes down to is they found a witness who they think is credible, and then they put all their effort towards that without really considering whether it was good enough information to put out to the public. LE thinks it is a local is a great way to describe it.

LE has no clue who murdered Abigail Williams and Liberty German. That sketch may or may not be a good representation of the man from Liberty German's phone. But in this case I would be VERY surprised if LE ends up being correct. Even if the killer ends up being found in Montana or Canada or somewhere else, I think LE will try to tell everyone that they found information that at one time he used to go bowling or something else in Delphi, IN back in the 90's to try and cover up the obvious error.

Could you imagine if that ends up being the case if it ends up being some older man who looks nothing at all like the second sketch living far from Delphi, IN? Then everyone who has been circulating that college kid second sketch is going to think, "What the heck was I circulating this around for?!"

But this is only if LE is incorrect. It all comes down to what you, the individual, thinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.