Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Or: something / someone distracted her and she may have simply been unable to stop the recording, or she may have forgotten to. Interestingly, we're not shown any video with the audio of "guys", "down the hill". We don't know at what point this happened. It could have been right off the side of the bridge as portrayed in so many news stories / youtube videos, or it may have been some other place in their abduction. Why have police not shown the accompanying video for the audio they've released?

2. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

We do, actually. Someone in the Comet Q&A asked TL where this audio took place and he said "South end of the high bridge."

3. photographer4

St. Anthony2017, Charlot123 and TL4S like this.
  4. photographer4

Ah thanks! So where does "guys" take place?

mountainclimb and TL4S like this.
  5. Yemelyan

There are only a few seconds between "guys" and "down the hill." This is according to AW, who heard this part of the audio in its entirety. She said BG says "guys," the girls respond with a "teenage thing, like 'huh'?" And then he says "down the hill." Her interview where she described this is linked in these threads, it's the one with Jason Hebert.

So, TL's answer that "guys...down the hill" was said at the south end of the bridge confirms the whole phrase was said in the same location.

6. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

7. photographer4

Bolded by me for focus:
    It sounds like they may have a photo of him right there at the trail head from Libby's phone that they just haven't released yet? I wonder if it is possible they have any other photos of him from others at the scene who may have just happened to catch him in a picture? You'd think that if they had a clearer photo, they'd release that, no? If they do, but have not released it, what would be the reason not to release it? Would it mean he might get a chance to declare an unfair trial if it went public and he was prosecuted in the court of public opinion?

8. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Indiana has many hiking and walking trails. The Monon railroad is defunct and all throughout the state sections of the former railway have been turned into hiking, walking, and bike trails. Many of these trails connect parks, playgrounds, or recreational areas.

It is very easy to find trails and hiking areas as maps are widely available. We have found some fairly isolated trails in hiking books. The books and maps show where to park, points of interest (bridges, etc) how to find trailheads, private property lines, and more.

We discovered an isolated trail not far from Delphi in a hiking book, there was no marker or any type of identification for the trail. The instructions included where to park (on a seldom-traveled country road) and directions to walk on the road to get to the trail. You had to climb over a barb wire fence that was on a narrow strip of public property to get there, and the neighboring properties were well described in order to prevent trespassing on them.

This is just one example, but yes, Indiana trails are well publicized.

9. photographer4

Hm. So how did he make sure they knew he was serious in his order? If he didn't say anything else to them, and they complied, why did they? Did he flash a weapon? I've read a lot of chatter that he may have carried a gun in his jacket pocket that some people feel they can see the outline of in the pocket. But as far as we know, no gun shots were heard by witnesses. A gun would surely have scared the girls, but did it have to be a regular gun? Any chance it was a taser gun? That would probably be scary to the kids!

mountainclimb likes this.
  10. Pyschsandi

Pyschsandi “There can be no good without evil.”

We know that LE has not found any evidence of Libby and Abby being catfished but what if BG was supposed to meet someone else there that didn’t show up or wasn’t what he liked and he decided to stick around because he saw the girls getting out of the car unaccompanied by an adult. That would explain why he could be from somewhere else and not from Delphi. LE could be right about being one tip away from solving this case. Some young person could have been chatting with BG and may not want to tell an adult that they were supposed to meet someone at the trails because they would get into trouble or they feel guilty that this happened because of their communications.

11. Yemelyan

The Carroll County article may also address this, key word MAY, TL didn't really want to confirm:

Q. No matter how distant, do you have the man walking on the bridge, videoed by Libby, on any other video?

A. This is close to an evidentiary information question and I prefer not to respond.

Q. Why have no other photos from Libby’s phone been released to the public?

A. This is close to an evidentiary information question and I prefer not to respond.

County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers | Carroll County Comet

In my opinion, the reason there is no "video" from "guys...down the hill" is that it wasn't focused on him at that time, may have been pointing straight up or down because he was closer and she was trying to conceal it. JMO

12. Fika

Fika Active Member

That could be another reason of why he was there. I think of why he could be there is almost infinite. Once he is caught I think the reason of why he was there is going to turn out pretty random. I think that's why its so hard for police to find him because there is no obvious ties.

13. Yemelyan

LE have partially answered this:

Q. Do you know how the murderer was able to gain control of both girls at once?

A. It is believed by manipulation and
    intimidation factors.

Sheriff Leazenby continues to answer double homicide questions | Carroll County Comet

I doubt they want to say exactly what weapon he used to intimidate, if he did; this info would be used in interrogation and in screening tips IMO.

14. photographer4

Or, she could have tucked it in her pocket at the time to hide its existence from him? Hard to know. I wonder if police would answer this though? Why has no video accompanied the audio clip they've released??

15. photographer4

If he used a taser, would that be enough to kill them? I don't know a whole lot about these weapons, but if he used one, would that be something that wouldn't leave a ton of / any blood at the scene and would allow him to walk out of there without blood on his person?

janewall likes this.
  16. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

My hunch all along has been that he didn't carry a weapon. Maybe a knife as a lot of men carry knives anyway. I don't think he came specifically armed, though. He didn't need to, imo.

jmo

mountainclimb and photographer4 like this.
  17. LibbyinTexas

LibbyinTexas Active Member

Okay so I havent been on WS in a longggggg time and feel a little rusty and I am fairly new to this 3 year old case... and im literally just jumping in with a random question that no doubt has already been discussed. My question is that when I have listened to the recordings of " down the hill" it always sounds like " get down the hill" to me.
    That is a bit more forceful.
    Also, how many, if any, of the girls friends knew they were going to the bridge... Did LE ever discuss any of their guy friends ...how long after that snap went out and the guy appear? Was he already there?

18. Yemelyan

It could have already been hidden, yes. His voice doesn't sound very muffled though, but who knows.

If the video portion where he speaks the words "guys....down the hill" doesn't show him, but just a wildly swinging blur of images as she tries to hide the phone, then IMO there is zero point of LE releasing it. It would only be advantageous if it showed more of his person/face. If it doesn't show that, then it's a distraction to the public focusing on the man they want to identify. JMO

19. Yemelyan

A taser can definitely kill a person, as we know, but I don't know that it's a reliable murder weapon in the sense that one individual can immediately drop dead after being tased once but another person can be tased six times, suffer a heart attack, and survive. So if you definitely wanted someone dead, I don't know that it would be the first choice. That's just my opinion though.

20. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Libby took the video via selfie camera backwards over her shoulder, while BG was approaching, according to Alexis Mcadams/ABC7:

https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/887816655836938240?s=04

That is IMO the 'presence of mind' LE is attributing to her.

-Nin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.