Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think this animal went too far with the girls. What I mean is, and Awsi alluded to it earlier, I think it was down the hill, through the wooded bottom, across the creek, and that was it. Nearly a straight line.

The final spot being just south and a bit east of the southeast corner of the quarry and/or cemetery.

I'm going with the simple.

Plus, it is clear in the vid where RL walks down from the cemetery, with the reporter, that they are standing at the SE corner of the quarry. From there they are looking at the CS.

All the pics of the tape do tell a story for me also. And that is this. The woodland is very open in February. Very little underbrush. Easy to navigate. Easy to move around.

I don't think there was a drowning of the girls. I also don't think the scene was terribly disturbed, hence the pristine look of the area. This leads me to speculate on how the girls were murdered. That, in conjunction with the seeming lack of substantial DNA, tells me that the physical interaction may have been minimal.

I too think that this killer was familiar with the area, had been there before, and had been there prior to the girls arrival.

I'll remain convinced he entered and left via the cemetery, at minimum, he departed from that area, or somwhere close by, not returning to a vehicle via the bridge and trails.

That's where I'm at with it this evening :)

MOO

Last edited:

Great maps, thank you!

This map is from the first link, TopoQuest. I’ve drawn a black arrow on it as in that general area, give or take, would seem to be the only crossing place where the creek bank isn’t quite steep on the opposite side. That’s also quite close to the road/private drive iirc.

upload_2021-4-9_17-30-18.jpeg

Last edited:
This was what I thought could be another possible crossing spot, but somebody who had been to the area says a person couldn't walk the south edge of the creek under Weber's house without being in the water.

In the helicopter footage, this is approximately where the searchers appear to be in the water the first time they are shown. It's upstream from the taped-off area by a ways (remember, we don't know where in the creek they started, heading down steam). If the south cemetery is the final crime scene, it perplexes me that upstream would be searched thoroughly, but the cemetery and trail down would not, and in fact was used for staging.

I don't mean to be a broken record. I'm seriously overcomplicating this, I think...

I think the reason they started much further upstream than the body location is as simple as not knowing how far north or east the girls may have been. At the time they didn’t know how the girls got where they were.

Another possibility is that they saw evidence of someone (BG) having traveled in that direction. IIRC those pics were taken on the afternoon of the 14th. Very little was known at that point.

I'll remain convinced he entered and left via the cemetery, at minimum, he departed from that area, or somwhere close by, not returning to a vehicle via the bridge and trails.

THIS is what constantly wracks my brain!
If he entered from there, how would he have gotten to the opposite side of the bridge, coming towards the girls? Is there something I can't see from the (many, many) maps I've looked at?

No, I believe this spot might have been where they found something.

I'd agree with that. Wonder what they found there? Does anyone else wish that they could access the files somehow??! Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that if police were to enlist an entire team of volunteers as willing and motivated as we are, that we'd be able to help them out in so many cases! I realize that is far fetched, we're not all trained to do whatever it is they do, and sure we don't want to harm any cases / hopes of conviction but damn! Sometimes I just think after X number of years, maybe volunteer investigators might help?

Why haven’t they questioned the person that they’d like to speak with?

Who is to say they haven't? Keep in mind the article was from March 2017, and the wish to interview someone was regarding Delphi, not the Lizzy & Lyric murder (I did clarify that in a subsequent post as I wasn't able to go back and edit my original with that link).

Do you have a link? I’m trying to imagine how crime scene tape could be attached to an area 2x3 feet.

I presume it was near the crime scene and was considered a part of the crime. Whether it was where they found something I do not know. I just remember seeing it. I'll look around but I have no link at this time.JMO

Hmm. That picture is different than any I've seen. There's another short video clip on this article that shows a taped-off area that doesn't look like the same south cemetery one, either. IDK, maybe just different angles?

State police receive a thousand tips since new Delphi evidence release | wthr.com

It possibly could be but I remember the picture was quite small and looked like someone had taken it with a cellphone but looking down on it from maybe a few feet away.

THIS is what constantly wracks my brain!
If he entered from there, how would he have gotten to the opposite side of the bridge, coming towards the girls? Is there something I can't see from the (many, many) maps I've looked at?

He could have very easily entered at the cemetery area and walked up through the woods to the north end near where the other paths meet. So technically behind where the plowed field is next to the cemetery. He could walk up that way and never be seen.

He could have very easily entered at the cemetery area and walked up through the woods to the north end near where the other paths meet. So technically behind where the plowed field is next to the cemetery. He could walk up that way and never be seen.

Imagine the confidence (narcissism?) you would need to have if - and this is pure speculation - you were to park a vehicle on that main road, walk to the path via a different entrance than where the girls entered, stalk/follow/happen upon two girls at the end of the bridge, before completing the circle and taking off in whatever vehicle was parked. MOO, as I am making an educated guess based off the maps.

IMO, this is too slick a turnaround to be happenstance. You would need to know that area well, or have completed this 'circuit' before.

Now, if we adopt this scenario, then would the car at the CPS building be of interest anymore? Or would the focus need to be on that strip of road by the cemetery between the two properties?

Again, all MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member