Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have all of JBC's facebook data. I attempted to plot a count of his posts per day based on date, and while the gap around the time of Delphi is there, there also seem to be some other time gaps and I didn't notice any big gap significance. I can easily search all of the text he posted / get links of videos and pics. Lmk what u find most useful. Easiest (on my part) would be to create a public google sheet with time, post text, post pic links (if there are any), and post video links.
Some gaps might be because he was tossed in jail at times.

Any particular times of heavier than usual posting? Days of week?

tia

Something is going on with the bundled up clothing but a puppy..? That seems like a lot to keep track of/under control in order to commit a double murder. But this is a crime of opportunity and he certainly wouldn't be able to walk a puppy over that bridge.

he may have said he would harm the puppy if they didnt do what he wanted....i always wondered how he managed to get the girls to be so compliant, to go that way with him

a knife hanging over a puppy may well have done that....did he kill a pup and leave it behind at the scene and LE are using that as knowledge only the perp would know

and that is a common factor with the little 9 year old....dogs

So I have all of JBC's facebook data. I attempted to plot a count of his posts per day based on date, and while the gap around the time of Delphi is there, there also seem to be some other time gaps and I didn't notice any big gap significance. I can easily search all of the text he posted / get links of videos and pics. Lmk what u find most useful. Easiest (on my part) would be to create a public google sheet with time, post text, post pic links (if there are any), and post video links.

Don't you mean - there is a gap in what he posted PUBLICLY around the time of Delphi? We - unless we are in his friends list - really have no idea what he might have posted privately or what he may have commented on others' statuses? He is prolific in what he posts publicly but I think it is an assumption - that may not be accurate - that he only posts that way.

Just throwing this idea out in the spirit of looking at all angles to this.

I would be interested in any other SM for this guy between 2011 and 2017.
There is one other FB account, but there is basically nothing on it.

I find it interesting that there are people who think that Abby and Libby’s murder was a sophisticated event.

I'm with you on this. I've never really felt the murders were sophisticated, but... it is said that a professional knows how to make something difficult look really simple.

Idiots commit crimes and get caught.
Smart people commit crimes and get away with it.

but it's also true that...

Idiots commit crimes and get away with it.
Smart people commit crimes and get caught.

I guess you could argue that last one though.

Editing to add: I really want this garbage pile of a person to be BG.

Very interesting discussion -- I have one quick question. There's a segment of sleuths here and elsewhere who have argued for the Delphi and Evansdale murders as the work of the same criminal. Is there any evidence from the timelines that JBC might have been involved in the Collins/ Cook crimes in Evansdale?

yes

I wonder when he was shot. If the speculation is accurate, that he removed the bullets himself/ didn't report being shot, then I would think it is pretty safe to assume that he was shot while committing a crime.

I believe he posted the bullet pics in july 2018, but that only tells us that the pics were taken at any time before then. I don't think this guy is a criminal mastermind. I also don't think he is a COMPLETE moron either. I'm sure he picked up many "valuable" lessons in prison. I doubt many people would be dumb enough to post those pics right after the incident. I also find it interesting if he was shot multiple times, and still managed to "get away" from whomever was shooting at him. You would think someone close to him would know when he was shot, but maybe he was out of work and that much of a loner at the time.

I bring up this shooting because it made me remember some previous posts. Some posters have speculated that he had something going on with his right leg. Like a limp or a hitch in his step, or something. At the time, I pretty much dismissed these posts. I couldn't see how someone could get that from that short video. I thought any "odd" walking was due to the improvised steps required from walking on railroad ties.

Now, it's hard to tell how many times he was shot, and where he was shot. The one definitive spot is on the lower right hand corner of his back. Just above the hip. In another pic, I think is a wound in the back of the right thigh. Does he currently walk with a limp?

One of his posts or videos mentions being shot in the back 3 times. Another post mentions chasing a redhead in his wheelchair. Was he just referencing chasing her until old age? Or is there something more to the wheelchair reference? Does he believe he will eventually be in a wheelchair due to his "bum leg"?

Anyway, I'm on the fence as to whether I think he is BG, or not. I wasn't around for other significant POI's, so I'm a little afraid that I'm setting myself up to feel foolish if/when he is eliminated. But man, he seems to check A LOT of boxes.

Libby's recording is amazing evidence. Sadly, it hasn't been enough to catch BG. It's an average sized guy with a locally common voice. A few steps. A few words. It's too blurry to see his face. Heck, I can't even decide if that is his hair or a hat.

I agree that many people would try to lay low after committing these murders. Maybe he did for a while. Then after weeks or months started to believe that he'd gotten away with it. Maybe the police sketches didn't really look much like him. Maybe he consciously tried to change the sound of his voice. Maybe posting on SM seemed like the "normal" thing to do in this day and age. I wonder if anything could be gleaned from his posts just before and after the 2019 press conference.

Anyway, IF it is him, I can see how he could have gotten away with it this long. He got lucky on the day of the crime. He wasn't identified, nor did he leave a good dna sample. Maybe he lived far enough away to not be an obvious suspect? Maybe people thought he was a weird, creepy guy, but had no reason to think he was BG. Maybe he was enough of a loner that no one recognized his voice, jacket, nor gait. Or maybe someone did, but they just "knew" that it couldn't be him. Or decided not to report him for whatever reason. After that, there was nothing to connect him to the crime. I'm sure within 50 miles of delphi there are hundreds or thousands of guys that kinda look like BG, and kinda sound like BG.

JMO

he may have said he would harm the puppy if they didnt do what he wanted....i always wondered how he managed to get the girls to be so compliant, to go that way with him

a knife hanging over a puppy may well have done that....did he kill a pup and leave it behind at the scene and LE are using that as knowledge only the perp would know

and that is a common factor with the little 9 year old....dogs

I was exactly on this scenario and was about to post...
Perhaps the puppy was a lure but not was not killed but may have left evidence behind or indications of the presence e.g. barking in video/audio which LE have witheld.

Don't be fooled by the soppy / pained ********, this bloke can flip / change like the wind into a violent paedophile psychopath (that poor little girl probably wouldn't have been leaving his house alive if it were not for the heroic policemen that sensed something off and went back to check).

We're all keeping everything crossed that justice will be served for Abby and Libby, soon we hope that "today is the day"

JMOO folks, even if he's not BG he's 1 more dangerous *** off the streets who cant hurt another little girl.

*And just for the record, I don't believe BG is any kind of criminal mastermind, I just think he got VERY, VERY LUCKY.
So much this, @Barbieshell! I could not agree more with all of this. One major thing I have learned from this case (as one who thought BG was almost certainly DN, I mean, how many of these guys can be out there?) is that there are many violent pedophile psychopaths out there operating at any given time who are probably capable of murdering a couple of kids if the opportunity arises. Scary as hell but true. And there were multiple other sex assaulters/killers that have been briefly on police's radar over these four years for doing heinous things besides DN. Soooo glad Chadwell is behind bars!

Like you and @Inthedetails, I also disagree that BG is some kind of Hannibal Lector-like criminal mastermind that would rule out Chadwell. Time and time again we follow cases where the perp was sloppy or careless and just got lucky due to random circumstance, investigator error, or whatever. Even the GSK made major mistakes and left lots of evidence, almost got shot or caught multiple times, and still took 40 years to find and arrest. A major concern to me is that Chadwell grabbed a little girl, sexually assaulted her, and started to murder her in a very short time frame. That's MO right there.

Don't you mean - there is a gap in what he posted PUBLICLY around the time of Delphi? We - unless we are in his friends list - really have no idea what he might have posted privately or what he may have commented on others' statuses? He is prolific in what he posts publicly but I think it is an assumption - that may not be accurate - that he only posts that way.

Just throwing this idea out in the spirit of looking at all angles to this.

I agree, I said the same thing earlier. We are only seeing posts made public. I am working on trying to find an approved source for possible posts made to friends only....so jmo

Last edited:
[Chadwell used his dogs as a ruse to get the little girl into his house.
If he is connected to Delphi could he have had a dog with him that day? Could the missing piece of info they needed be a perp with a dog?
imo it would be a rare dog who would cross that bridge.[/QUOTE]

I am replying to my post to say that I was not thinking of a puppy under his jacket, a puppy could be an effective ruse for sure but I have never thought he had a puppy under his jacket.
I was brainstorming out of the box I guess...i was thinking of an adult dog, one that is intimidating to people. I can not explain getting a dog to cross the bridge. I was thinking of something you would not expect at the crime scene...bite marks or fur...

not trying to imply anything about pit bulls. when I see the puppies on his fb I adore all of their beautiful pitty faces and pray they found loving homes. I love pit bulls.
But some are dangerous, especially in the hands of an evil nut job owner.

Delphi bridge cops are 'looking into' man who 'kidnapped girl, 9, and sexually assaulted her' | Daily Mail Online

above link…..James Chadwell is arrested for having 9 year old girl in his basement and sexually attacked her.

20 miles away from where Abby and Libby were murdered. He is being investigated for their murder.

And his photo is so close to the drawing!!!! MOO
I'm just following along on this topic, but I wanted to add that ITA about the drawings look just like this guy. This is not the first case where multiple witness-LE drawings look dissimilar until an actual face is shown with the drawings. He looks mean and angry. I do so hope this arrest will bring closure to this heinous Delphi case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member