Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

thanks for this - v interesting re SM posting. imo ANY change in his public-facing behavior shortly after the crime is relevant, but this angle alone provides basically nothing cuz the rest of the case against him is so strong IMO

Which is to say ..... I basically agree with most of your points on the iffy value of these bits of potential evidence ..... but I’m 100 percent sure that LE finally has their man (altho man is way too polite a term for this pig) MOO

Deerrun, SkylarSid and laini like this.

2. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Via @Medstudies (I will also bring over another PO out of Miami County, Indiana):
    [​IMG]

Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
    In the Tippecanoe County Superior Court 5, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
    Case No. 79D05-2007-PO-000348
    Order issued on: 7/22/2020
    Respondent successfully served on: 8/5/2020

A Protective Order has been filed against James B. Chadwell
    Born 1979

source:
    mycourts.in.gov
    public.courts.IN.gov

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. Nobody_special

Nobody_special Active Member

Part of the reason that I’m not convinced is that we’ve been down this road before. I previously had high hopes for both CE (especially) and TB and don’t want to get my hopes up again. I certainly think that it *might* be JBC, I just don’t think that we have enough info yet. Hopefully that’s coming. I’d also like to believe/hope that there is not an endless supply of this type of creep roaming around—especially in such a limited geographic area—but recent history seems to be contradicting that stance. :-/

That’s not to say that I can’t be convinced. I’m curious as to what has you at 100%?

4. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

I agree, and noticed the same thing that he hadn't been posting much publicly before the murders. Him switching to friends only right around the murders is definitely curious, though. I wonder when, and how often, he switched between public and friends only.

5. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  6. Catdetective

Catdetective Well-Known Member

I can definitely see the girl's face. I can't tell if it is a drawing or a photograph but it is a young girl with mid length brown hair.

imstilla.grandma likes this.
  7. TheVisual

TheVisual Well-Known Member

It isn't a pouch, it's his hand. You can see his thumb and it moves with the motion as he walks.

imstilla.grandma likes this.
  8. imstilla.grandma

I feel better. Thanks for validating. I shouldn’t be so insecure. I know what I see. I also know I don’t like to embarrass myself or WS.

MadMcGoo, Doghairrules and raja like this.
  9. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

ive been there too!! So excited that the beast was caught, & then crushed ... but TBH I was always kidding myself a bit & even knew it at the time. (As a rule no personal talk, but I’ll just say I have a background in investigations.) There was always something that came up quick w a little digging & made the POI in question a bad fit .... he’d literally never been spotted in Indiana; his voice was clearly not a match; the brow was right but the hair was wrong etc.

On this one, early digging did not yield any such bummers. The brazen, disgusting crime & victim profile were a close enough match - the thick clump of hair confirmed what thought i saw in BG pics - the age, build etc did not present inconsistencies... all IMO of course

That was round one, which left no marks on a possible case against him. So already he was head & shoulders above any past POI.

Then I saw he’d been held a week w/o any indication that LE was moving toward clearing him of the attack on A&L - this means IMO he has no alibi. And the girls’ families were bullish instead of bearish .... this was round two! Round 1 was “I can’t clear him,” and round 2 was “LE can’t clear him.”

So then i let myself hope enough to consider the pieces as a whole. I added “savage criminal beast” to “sleeps in tents under bridges” to “local to Delphi” ...... jackpot. JMO

10. catch_22

I'm worried that even if he did do it, will LE be able to find evidence to charge/convict him of the crime? I guess the good thing is that either way the delphi case goes, he shouldn't be seeing the light of day anytime soon, if ever. The families deserve closure, though.

JMO

Elle*Bee, abr, JnRyan and 9 others like this.
  11. catch_22

Huh? What isn't a pouch? I was saying that I thought he would have to have the puppy in a pouch inside his jacket, or he would be needing to use his arms to cradle the puppy like a baby. His hands are in his pockets, so I don't think he has a puppy. Nor a pouch.....

Btw, which thumb are you referring to? Left or right? TIA

JMO

spandangly and laini like this.
  12. CNYDarkStar

CNYDarkStar Well-Known Member

I never thought ot was a scarf but now that the puppy thing is being tossed about there are hard-ish defined lines of something to the left (from our viewpoint) of his jacket which could be consistent with the legs of a pup. Though we have no idea if the girls mentioned it or have pics etc., could he have suddenly put the dog in there right before he was about to accost them..? It seems a little much to believe that he could pull that off while trying to keep his dog close at hand.

13. imstilla.grandma

Duper’s Delight.

dixiegirl1035 and minazoe like this.
  14. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware you could see his hands. Moo

spandangly, JnRyan, Area52 and 3 others like this.
  15. cbeagle

cbeagle Member

"Ramsey said the search revealed that the residents of the home were “in no way connected” to the deaths of the two teens."

Maybe reading too much into it, but they didn't say anything about the house itself, e.g. it's a possibility a previous resident could have been of interest.

16. CNYDarkStar

Are we supposed to know what he's talking about or to who..?
    Whether he's the guy or not he sounds like a moron.

17. CNYDarkStar

True. I looked over that part.

Kimpossible31 and Deerrun like this.
  18. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

JHC :/

spivey and Deerrun like this.
  19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

“Named as a possible suspect in the past was an Indiana man, Paul Etter, 55, who was killed in a standoff with police after being accused of abducting and sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman who pulled into his driveway with a flat tire. However, nothing ever came of it. No one has ever been arrested or charged or publicly accused in the murders.

“Imagine, if every time someone sent me a picture or a name of a person I got my hopes up thinking that could be him. I’d still be sitting here heartbroken but with no hope left and even more devastated,” Libby’s sister, Kelsi German, wrote on Twitter. “Please no more side by sides. No more names. Turn them in. Let law enforcement do THEIR job!!!”

On April 28, she wrote, “‘There’s a resemblance.’ Okay. There was a resemblance with DN, CE, PE, TB, and several others – you can see these people in a simple google search of the girls. They all did bad things but they weren’t our bad guy.”

“Someone looks like somebody, that obviously does not mean that is the person,” the sheriff cautioned to ABC News.”

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
    April 30, 2021

JaneEyre, abr, JnRyan and 10 others like this.
  20. imstilla.grandma

There’s an entire community of bridge people in my state and I’ve crawled up most bridge steep inclines in my local area. Underneath bridges, there are little cubbyholes sectioned off way up at the top. Each cubby is filled with individual items from homeless people. They leave all their stuff up there at night while sleeping, then get out the next day for the food pantries, soup kitchens, other services and their daily rounds. People keep their clothes, pillows, blankets, books, prescriptions, toys, water and food up there. It’s an honor code. You’d be surprised how the homeless stick together for resources and companionship. No one bothers their stuff. There’s like an Underground Railroad kinda thing. They go from highway bridge to highway bridge to hitchhike to the next familiar bridge. If he’s sleeping under a local bridge there’s somebody that’s seen him up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.