Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphi Investigation Reward Fund Receives $100,000 Donation

DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — A reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the Delphi homicides has grown. The Indiana State Police announced Monday that it has received an anonymous donation of $100,000 towards the Delphi Investigation reward fund bringing the total to $325,000.

ISP said anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to contact law enforcement by utilizing the TIP HOTLINE: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 844-459-5786. When contacting the tip hotline, provide as much information as you possibly can.

Police also want to remind the public that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. They are asking the public to refrain from posting side-by-side pictures of the sketch and who they believe is the suspect, on social media. These types of posts do not help the investigation and can slander innocent people and their families.

The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department will not publicly clear anyone in this investigation until an arrest has been made.

You've got to wonder why BG wore many layers that day - my thought is say he were covered in tattoos, he wouldn't be wanting to expose much skin ;). Any witnesses would mention tattoos, if he wore a bulky jacket / scarf / hood or hat he's covering the distinguishable. JMOO

So what was he driving back then? He may not have had a license or vehicle yet but would be curious to find out. Up thread Barbie mentioned the scarf and that makes sense why he would wear that since his tats are so close to his neckline.
I've seen pics of trucks / vehicles, I'm fairly sure the sleuths are working on that as we speak (along with LE). JMOO

Mod Notes

Note 1:
While media stated today that LE is looking for any ties between the individual recently charged in other crimes, to this point, there has not been an official naming of a new POI in the Delphi case. Should LE officially name an individual as a Person of Interest, we can then re-visit the rules.

Note 2:
Speculation around the audio between “guys” and “down the hill” is now off limits.
Abby's mom said she heard the unedited audio and "there is a half a second" between "guys" and "down the hill" in which the girls say "huh? What?" This is documented in her interview with Jason Hebert.
We will respect the words from the victims mother and what she has shared.

Maybe the DNA LE has is really not of the killer but of a searcher. Maybe that is why they are so stumped. Jmo IDK but there is nothing that says with 100% certanity that it is of the murderer. I know I am wishful thinking so I may be reaching but dang 4 years is long enough for Abby & Libby.

To my way of thinking, if they have unmatched DNA and they don't know if it belongs to the killer, even more likely than it belonging to a searcher is that it belongs to a totally innocent schoolmate of the victims or schoolmate of a family member.

The outerwear worn that day were borrowed from a family member and were apparently stored in a car for some length of time prior to this, where they may have come into contact with untold numbers of people at school or work. Minors would not be as likely to be submitting DNA to be ruled out in a case like this, so there a very good chance that a schoolmate could be the unknown contributor, if it's still unmatched and it's not from family.

Obviously in a case like this you hope that the DNA sample comes from semen, blood, or saliva - something that you could use other evidence to determine how it came to be there. If it's touch DNA, you have a different set of possibilities for how it got there and not all of them are incriminating.

Edit - autocorrect is not my friend.

@Deerrun

Regarding the DNA of searchers - KR described how LE handle the people who find a crime scene in Episode 2 of Down the Hill. They are interviewed as to exactly what they did (and touched) and their contact information is recorded. IMO, building off of this, should there ever be a question about whether someone who actively participated in finding the bodies could have accidentally deposited DNA in trying to revive victims (or whatever), LE would have a way to test this statement and rule this person out as a contributor. I don't think LE would have taken DNA or even that they know every single person who searched in general, but I think they know exactly who came in contact with the actual scene where the bodies were.

Attempted murder defendant investigated for ties to Delphi murders

“LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Detectives investigating the Feb. 13, 2017, killings of Libby German and Abby Williams have taken notice of James Brian Chadwell II.”

[...]

“"The information has obviously been shared with us, and our investigators are looking into him," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said.

He did not elaborate on any details about the investigation into Chadwell.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Jeremy Piers said they do not comment on whom detectives might be investigating, but noted that the state police works collaboratively with agencies in the district.”

[...]

“Chadwell is not the first person accused of an abduction crime who has been investigated as a person of interest in the Delphi murders. None of the other people of interest turned out to be a suspect.”

Eta:
I've seen pics of trucks / vehicles, I'm fairly sure the sleuths are working on that as we speak (along with LE). JMOO
“Working on it”? Ha, I’ve got 5 days worth of dishes piled up and wearing stinky clothes!!

Here’s media thread link where anyone can quickly catch up on msm, (still working on it) - there is a LOT of stuff though in the main threads though wrt SM, not in the media thread, but his profiles are posted. I know most of us are already in here.

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA2:

Indiana man allegedly tries to rape and murder 9-year-old neighbor girl, now police investigating possible ties to Delphi Murders: Report
April 27, 2021
Article by @leighEg

“An Indiana man arrested earlier this month on attempted murder and related charges has landed on the radar of authorities who’re working on solving the infamous Delphi murder case.”

[...]

“The Journal & Courier reports that Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby confirmed that authorities are looking into Chadwell as a possible connection to the Delphi murders, but he has not been named a suspect or person of interest in the case.

“The information has obviously been shared with us, and our investigators are looking into him,” Leazenby said.”

[...]

“The story continues to develop. Check back for updates.”

Last edited:
Sorry if repost:

Delphi investigation reward fund gets $100k donation
April 5, 2021

BBM

“"We have a witness. You made mistakes," Carter said.

"We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

Over the years, police have received tens of thousands of tips.”

[...]

“The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department will not publicly clear anyone in this investigation until an arrest has been made.”

@Deerrun

Regarding the DNA of searchers - KR described how LE handle the people who find a crime scene in Episode 2 of Down the Hill. They are interviewed as to exactly what they did (and touched) and their contact information is recorded. IMO, building off of this, should there ever be a question about whether someone who actively participated in finding the bodies could have accidentally deposited DNA in trying to revive victims (or whatever), LE would have a way to test this statement and rule this person out as a contributor. I don't think LE would have taken DNA or even that they know every single person who searched in general, but I think they know exactly who came in contact with the actual scene where the bodies were.
And knowing everything you say here is true...that makes the feeling of betrayal I perceived as radiating off of ISP Carter at the April 2019 PC all the more interesting to me. Someone thought to be trusted was unworthy. AJMO

Is it at all possible that BG is a female?
No, JMO, but always great thinking out of the box.

Eta / BBM:
“Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, evidence has led investigators to believe the aforementioned person is suspected of being involved in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

Source / FBI

*the language is not strong here, “photo appears to depict”, but based on the big picture, audio, video, etc., IMO, he is a male.

Last edited:
“When contacting the tip hotline, you're asked to provide as much information as you possibly can.

For example, the full name of the person of interest, their date of birth or approximate age, physical description, address, vehicle information, why they could be involved, and if they have a connection to Delphi.

Your information will be sent directly to the investigative team, who is still actively working on this case every day.

If a member of the law enforcement team needs more information about your tip, they will contact you.”

*source
April 5, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members