Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for commenting. I believe it was an iPhone. It was a 5 or 6. I agree that he got spooked, I always kinda thought it was from them running and yelling but idk. I was just wanting to point out the mass amount of time he was in prison while we all had our blueberries and sidekicks learning the art of cell phones. He just may not have been as aware as someone else that age. Who knows except bg and le. IMO
That's funny that you make that observation. I almost added this to my last comment, but decided not to:

I had an "acquaintance" who got out of prison about 10yrs ago. He had served about 10yrs. He got into hard drugs after high school and then started stealing to support his habit. He was a smart guy and even in the gifted program in grade school. Anyway, when he got out he kept calling me (we had never been close friends in school) and we hung out a bit. I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe even be a good influence on him. Anyway, it's funny because I specifically remember cellphones being totally foreign to him. He was constantly struggling with his. I'm sure it only took him a month or two to pretty much get up to speed, though. You might be onto something with JCB, but I kind of wonder if he had been using a smart phone long enough to be proficient and addicted to it like the rest of us.

JMO

Aside from the recent attack on the 9-year old, these possible factors are evident by his online presence alone. But there’s got to be people who were personally acquainted with him - friends, relatives, ex-girlfriends and co-workers all within a short distance to Delphi who were surely well aware of the sketches, video, photos, audio, physical description etc of the perpetrator who was believed to be responsible for the murders of Libby and Abby.

So I’d be interested in learning if anyone had ever tipped this guy to LE and if not, why not. It’s real easy for people to step forward after the fact, much like the step-father and step-brother announcing to the media what an evil character he is. But my question would be where were they all over the past four years while LE and the families of the girls have been desperately pleading for that one good tip that would lead to the identity of the killer?
I believe the Ex'GFs were probably scared since there are a few PPOs out , so there's that.
Most of his other "friends" are probably Ex cons he met in prison so they are def NOT going to tip him in.
Some family members, per FB posts seem to respond and "love" all his posts so they are either over compensating for the loss of his mom (IMO) or are in denial or honestly, was not around him so don't know what he is truly about.
JMO

Last edited:
I'm not nitpicking here, Rosegold68, but you said.. had time. I thought that meant the same as.. had the time. We can certainly agree to disagree on whether he is experienced or not. ;)

no i was replying to another poster who said he had both experience and the time....i queried it. there was a question mark....

I believe the Ex'GFs were probably scared since there are a few PPOs out , so there's that.
Most of his other "friends" are probably Ex cons he met in prison so they are def NOT going to tip him in.
Some family members, per FB posts seem to respond and "love" all his posts so they are either over compensating for the loss of his mom (IMO) or are denial or honestly, was not around him so don't know what he is truly about.
JMO

Yeah sure could be, we can only speculate. Regardless if he’s guilty of the Delphi murders, if not one person submitted a tip on him amongst 50,000 other tips IMO he represents a great example of why this has proven a very difficult and time consuming case for LE to solve. Especially as it appears it’s not as simple as finding a DNA match.

I think they have to go very slowly as they may be looking at him for many different crimes and they have to get him in a position where he is threatened enough to talk. He has council now and they have to do this just right so they can clear up any possible cases he is affiliated with,

this guy could be major. they need to get the fbI and have a strategy...he has to be questioned.

crazy town.

Aside from the recent attack on the 9-year old, these possible factors are evident by his online presence alone. But there’s got to be people who were personally acquainted with him - friends, relatives, ex-girlfriends and co-workers all within a short distance to Delphi who were surely well aware of the sketches, video, photos, audio, physical description etc of the perpetrator who was believed to be responsible for the murders of Libby and Abby.

So I’d be interested in learning if anyone had ever tipped this guy to LE and if not, why not. It’s real easy for people to step forward after the fact, much like the step-father and step-brother announcing to the media what an evil character he is. But my question would be where were they all over the past four years while LE and the families of the girls have been desperately pleading for that one good tip that would lead to the identity of the killer?

Great questions.

All I can surmise is I've seen many cases over the years where people even knew outright someone had murdered someone yet did not come forward. One case I remember the woman knew everything didnt come forward to LE until 26 years afterwards. The number one reason given seems to be out of tremendous fear if they did. They can even too fearful to do it anonymously worrying the suspect may figure out who targeted them.

It seems what happens first for them to finally come forward there has to be some kind of permanent split in the relationships.

I don't know this monster's reputation before all this happened, but they may have been too fearful thinking if they pointed at him as a possible suspect, and he turned out not to be the one he would retaliate.

Hopefully now that they know he's not going to get out of jail this time others will contact LE. I'm sure LE is already interviewing anyone though who may have had any kind of contact with him.

Jmho

I think they have to go very slowly as they may be looking at him for many different crimes and they have to get him in a position where he is threatened enough to talk. He has council now and they have to do this just right so they can clear up any possible cases he is affiliated with,

this guy could be major. they need to get the fbI and have a strategy...he has to be questioned.

crazy town.

Ita!

I see him as being totally heartless, and he obviously cares solely about himself. I really wish he would talk to LE too or better yet confess to everything he's done to hurt innocent others.

However, I honestly feel he won't, and will only care about protecting himself.

Now if he had been charged with aggravated murder then LE/DA could use the death penalty as leverage against him to get him to confess. Thats just an example why many confess to it all when they know they could get death if convicted. I don't know if this state has it. I've always found that fascinating because they all do the most brutal, heinous murders imaginable yet when they think they may receive death themselves they become yellow bellied sniveling cowards.

Jmho

It's always fascinating what the human mind will hear or see when it is being subconsciously pulled in a particular direction.

Viewing this situation objectively as reasonably possible, I don't perceive any likeness between JBC and the BG.

At this point, I'm more curious whether this diverted attention infuriates or humors BG. Perhaps he is experiencing both emotions. He is watching though.

JMO

Last edited:
I don't doubt that Chadwell assaulted the girl as stated in the police report.

I do have questions, though. Why did Chadwell just let the police into his basement? Seems like he would do all he could to steer them away from finding out what he had been doing. How did he respond when the police discovered the girl?

I wonder if he has a split personality or went into some sort of *zone* when he did those horrible things to that poor girl.

Just my own opinion.
MPD is something I have been considering, yes.

It's always fascinating what the human mind will hear or see when it is being subconsciously pulled in a particular direction.

Viewing this situation objectively, in my own way, I don't perceive any likeness between JBC and the BG.

At this point, I'm more curious whether this diverted attention infuriates or humors BG. Perhaps he is experiencing both emotions. He is watching though.

JMO
Entirely possible that LE will try to see if this draws the real BG out if Chadwell turns out not to me BG. I think that is a strategy that has been used in the past, imo.

I'm one that does believe they do have the DNA of who murdered the girls. The police never reveal what was found or what evidence they have nor should they ever do so.

It's extremely rare for any suspect who has close contact with any victims to come away without leaving something of themselves behind.

It seems to me that whatever they have must be something DNA-ish. The girls were found by searchers which means it would be tough to keep anything very obvious, evidence-wise, a "secret". That's a lot of people who need to stay extremely tight lipped. I just feel there would be talk out there about the crime scene. Or maybe I just don't know what's been said...

Last edited by a moderator:
because just maybe he saw libby holding it, filming...why leave that there

why not quickly bury it, throw it in nearby creek, break it up....anything except leave it so it could still be used. she sent a snapchat as well as did a video and then audio recording....there would have been some degree of 'fiddling' which should have alerted someone of average intelligence to the fact she was using it to capture evidence
Especially someone who appears to be an avid user of social media. Which makes me think it might be an older person.

I think I mentioned this earlier, not sure...but it’s super creepy he had the basement chained up and locked. This to me shows a potential history or at the least intent. Wth has he been doing in there? I’m sure they are or have searched his home. IMO

Yeah, I agree that it is strange/surprising for him to let LE in. But what was his other option? Refuse? That would put an instant target on his back. I think maybe at that point he was just hoping that they wouldn't go in the basement? I do wonder what kind of chain was on the door. I bet is was just a normal one that was put on the door to prevent young children from going down, or falling down, the stairs. The police didn't mention anything about having to get him to unlock the chain, but they wouldn't necessarily mention that, I suppose.

It does make you wonder what his "end game" was. Was he just counting on LE never having a reason to suspect him? Figured LE wasn't going to randomly search every house in the neighborhood? And by the time they did that, if they ever did that, it would be days later and she would be long gone?

Obviously, he didn't think this through very well, couldn't control his impulses, and/or his luck finally ran out. The first visit from LE, he had two choices. Say he'd seen her, or she'd been there earlier and she left. Or say he hadn't seen her. If someone else had seen her at his house, the second answer would have thrown up an immediate red flag to LE. Instead, I think he tried to be the friendly, helpful, concerned neighbor that had nothing to hide. Then when LE came back the second time, if he rufuses.....red flag. I think at that point he was just hoping they wouldn't go in the basement.

I am a bit surprised that he didn't try to resist arrest or flee at that point. Maybe he knew that option had a 99.7% chance of not working?

JMO
Maybe he liked living in prison and welcomes a trip back.

Of course, when he was there before he wasn't a child molester/attempted child killer (or at least wasn't known to be one), so the experience this time might be different. As they say, "you can't go home again."

Which Wabash National did he work at? There are several locations. Google: "wabash national" Lafayette indiana.

*plus.....
Let’s think about this for a moment. Chadwell had already gone too far whether the cops found him or not - he couldn’t let her go. What was he going to do with her? What else could he do to save himself but eliminate the witness? He must have already had a plan devised for getaway and disposal. I wonder what was found in his home. Large crates, carrying containers, doghouse? Did he plan it the days before? I think so. I don’t even think he was going to use a weapon, I think he was going to use his barehands and strangle her to death. He couldn’t stop himself. I think as he was strangling her, his mind was envisioning some prior event or person. I don’t think this was just an instant impulse he acted on the moment he spotted her. His preliminary urges may have built up the days before. I think some personal stressful event triggered his mindset and impelled his twisted carnal libido into overdrive.

Hi Grandma!

I have no doubt he was going to murder his victim once he was through putting her through hell on earth.

The miracle in this case the police were able to save her before he did. Her mom alerted LE thirty minutes after she went missing. Her mom is also one of the heroes along with LE reacting quickly.

He had already done this much brutal damage so he damned sure wasn't going to let her go to run to her mother telling what all she went through.

I'm very easygoing 99.9 percent of the time here, and elsewhere. So it takes a lot to piss me off!

I am now appalled, highly pissed off, and highly offended that anyone could think otherwise about her or about any child victim for that matter.

Jmho

I think I mentioned this earlier, not sure...but it’s super creepy he had the basement chained up and locked. This to me shows a potential history or at the least intent. Wth has he been doing in there? I’m sure they are or have searched his home. IMO
Agree. I would think they would thoroughly search the house for every possible bit of forensic evidence.
MOO in my opinion criminals are a kind of super spreader event, responsible for so many crimes and probably caught for about 10% of them.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... His facebook posts are utterly horrifying and project someone entitled, violent, full of rage and believing that "might makes right" and that he is always right and above the law.

For example:

"Maybe some of you will think I'm wrong, but I believe that the world needs more physical teaching. When I'm out in public, people think they can say whatever, because laws keep them from being punched in the mouth. That misconception keeps dentists with plenty of work... Kids think they can act and say whatever, because CPS will save them. I've only made it this far because of the lessons taught by a fresh green switch... The world is going soft and only our children are experiencing the worst side effect from it... Be an inspiration. Spank your children when necessary, and punch that disrespectful mother trucker in the mouth when needed. Soft is only good in certain areas...

13 December 2017 at 03:06"

Last edited by a moderator:
One theory is Libby was not holding the cellphone in front of her while she caught only a brief glimpse of the suspect on the bridge. Her grandmother indicated she might’ve been holding it close down by her side therefore the suspect didn’t notice.

LE obviously know what’s on the rest of the video but considering they’ve released only the 2 second looped and blurry video, that there’s nothing more or better makes sense to me. IIRC the suspect was about 60 feet away at that point, another reason for the lack of clarity of the photos (still frames)/video. Why Libby saw a reason to secretly capture the man on video has been a topic of speculation for the past four years.

Abby didn’t have a phone did she?

If Libby was aware enough to grab him on her phone on the bridge it’s reasonable to think she may have done it discretely and concealed the phone in a pocket when they were told to go ‘down the hill’

If you think that is reasonable, then it’s reasonable to think Libby may have also discreetly dropped the phone in the brush near to where they were found. Knowing it would be important what she had captured.

If BG asked if either of them had a phone, and Abby did not, it’s more believable that Libby may not have one too.

There are other reasonable explanations as to why BG didn’t take the phone with him. We can’t really use that in determining his intelligence. The smartest people make mistakes, for all we know he may have wanted it found. We know it exists but sometimes we underestimate evil.

Do we know which version of iPhone Libby had? Apple said in 2016 that their newest model was “splash, water and dust resistant”. That appears to be the iPhone 7 or later. BG may not have known about this new feature and either threw it in the creek himself or ordered Libby to and so thought it would be damaged beyond use. And prior to 2016 I believe there were waterproof/resistant cases that could reduce damage if the phone was in water.

About splash, water and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later

ETA there was a time with earlier iPhone models that a splash of water was the kiss of death. An older BG might have still thought that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member