Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy1954

Nancy1954 Well-Known Member

If Caldwell isn't BG it seems to me that LE would want to waste no time to make that known to the public.. as a lot of people think Caldwell is BG, and the Delphi case might not get the attention it has been getting. If BG is still out there, he needs to still be on the 'front-burner' and caught as soon as possible. JMO

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Proudnanny, La Louve, abr and 3 others like this.

2. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I think Libby put phone in her pocket and it fell out. He couldn't find it on her and did not have time to go searching around. I really do think it's that simple.

As far as Snapchat - are locations tagged? Like on Instagram you can follow a # and see anytime someone uses that #. Or you can just look up a # and see people's posts. Could he have followed the bridge or searched for it and be able to see people's pictures of it? Did she tag it?

That would be the same crime of opportunity as the 9 yr old. He sees on SC 2 girls isolated on a bridge and he is there in the woods or trail.

3. flashy09

Great point and I hope that means we get an answer one way or the other shortly. The case is making headlines again and could generate a lot of tips if he is not BG.

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

They wouldn't need to tag it - the location would be instantly recognizable to a local, especially to someone in the park at that very time.

However, I don't know if he did see the photo. It's not necessary for him to have seen it as he obviously captured and killed the girls whether he saw it or not. I'm just not forgetting about Snapchat just yet.

jmo

5. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Agreed. It seems logical to me that LE would work to quickly rule JBC out as a suspect, and let the public know. As long as he is labeled as such; I don't imagine much work would go into looking for "the real BG". IMO

6. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

hmm but IMO that comment fits BJC to a tee. Two children are killed in a spot like this, among the first things LE will try to track down IMO is any vagrants known to frequent the area.

there was always the Q of how could BG possibly be that first-guess local bum & but also be unknown/unidentifiable to the locals who passed through the area.

BJC, a local bum, had only been out of prison for how long at time of murders ? Idk his record but it seems like at most a few years, maybe not even one year ... not long enough to become known to the locals who tried awkwardly to ignore his unwelcome presence - JMO MOO

7. Inthedetails

Despite the unfashionable clothes BG is wearing in the video, I don't see JBC as a local bum. He might have lived outside, but if you look at his FB from his under-the-bridge days, he had nice tent, a bike, nice clothes. He saw beauty in living in nature. I think he would steal anything he needed, but I don't think he would bum money or let himself be considered a vagrant. And if he were to physically intimate someone, I think he would go ahead and beat them up, which we haven't heard about.

I do think he is the type of guy to hang out in parks, possibly drinking his time away, which is bum-like behavior. However, I don't think he'd want to present himself as a bum, ykwim?

jmo

spandangly, carbuff, Anirtak and 4 others like this.
  8. flashy09

If he did see it, I don't know how he would come across it if he wasn't following a tag. Unless he was following her?

9. Miigo

Miigo Well-Known Member

I’m stuck on the tattoo. Has gray Hughes source stating there was a picture of JBC with that tattoo in 2016 been confirmed? Has Nancy grace’s claim that the 9 year old resembled Libby been confirmed? Has it been confirmed that the tattoo is of JBCs mother?

I can’t deny the fact that the tattoo eerily resembles both his mother and Libby. We don’t know that the 9 year old resembles Libby, but if so, maybe JBC has a “type” and that type is girls who resemble his mother, or possibly a sister?

10. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

Yeah and you can hardly see his ear holes so that puts that question to rest.

you can add a little image of where you are on a story you post but that’s it back then. You can’t follow hashtags or anything, you can only see people you follow or promoted pages.

he would have be a friend of hers or hers was public and open but he would need to look up her user name.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2021
  11. Questions123

Questions123 Well-Known Member

IIRC in the Down The Hill podcast it was mentioned that police very early (within a day or 2 of the murders) made contact with one of Libby's classmate's who was one of Libby's snapchat friends and was the last to person to view Libby's snapchat post? So by that I think they were able to see exactly who viewed what and when. I'm not sure about non snapchat friends though but I'd imagine that data could be accessed by LE also.

12. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

One question...isn't it the case that SnapChat tells you which users have viewed your stories? So once LE had access to Libby's app, they would be able to see the usernames who "knew" the girls were at the bridge?

Or, failing that, would there be internal analytics available to SnapChat that, with a warrant, would reveal the actions taken by a user on the app? I mean, it's a different platform but FB and Instagram know exactly which posts and ads you've viewed so that their algorithm can show you more just like them.

Seems to me that if this happened through a Snapchat connection, there would be a digital trail. I have trouble believing LE didn't look into this back at the beginning of the case.

13. Hatemode

Hatemode Member

Did a&l have open casket funerals? I think I remember hearing that, but I know the empty eyes in the tattoos can represent death, <modsnip>

Mamamerced and kkdj like this.
  14. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

This is what I've wondered.
    The other thing I've wondered about is if LE has found trophies in his home. (of his crimes against children)

15. Inthedetails

I think they did look into it and we don't know what they found. The Snapchat just NAGS at me....though I realize others have moved on. I'm stuck on the bridge with that photo, I admit.

jmo

16. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

following. fingers crossed our murderer is in jail now.

17. Pyschsandi

Pyschsandi “There can be no good without evil.”

I would like to know if LE found some trophies as well. Since BC liked to video himself, I wonder if the trophy may be a video. Many of these sadistic pieces of garbage like to record their crime to relive it over and over.

18. Trailerparkgirl

Trailerparkgirl Active Member

thanks for posting this....i was going to ask if someone had gone that far back to see his posts on or around the time of the murders and WOW :(

19. Pyschsandi

Pyschsandi “There can be no good without evil.”

<modsnip> but the empty eyes looked like they had blood spilling out of them. The little nine year old he strangled had broken blood vessels in her eyes. He may have the tattoo to represent a girl he had strangled. MOO

20. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you. This was my first thought as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.