Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

I assumed he felt he had to answer or it would appear suspicious, and they might force their way in. He had a chain lock on the basement door and told police there was nothing in there, but their suspicions were aroused and they broke in.

2. Anirtak

Anirtak Well-Known Member

South/Central Indiana here. This is what we say as well.

carbuff, Miigo, Quill and 4 others like this.
  3. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

my understanding was that the girls were last seen at the carwash..and that their bikes were found there. Perhaps there are conflicting stories or sightings. I don't think I am the only one who thought this. I will do some research and if the carwash is not significant , I certainly do apologize for spreading garbage and lies on Websleuths. I do however think the carwash is a significant location in the evansdale case.

time will tell .

mOO

rypj84, jking, Becky Starkey and 11 others like this.
  4. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

Yes that is correct Marg, you can't see it because of the trees now but it is where I have put the little yellow marker on the map here.

Attached Files:

5. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I recall the rumor of a campsite, and a post that someone had encountered a panhandler at the bridge in the weeks before. There was also the post by Cass County asking for tips related to a hitchhiker with a duffel bag. I don’t recall any factual reports of people living near the Monon High bridge. There was a homeless camp on the rail line called “The Jungle” being disbanded by CSX in Indianapolis around the time of the murders. But it’s quite a distance from Delphi.
    Indianapolis homeless camp 'The Jungle' to close

6. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

IMO, TL would know and would have had a light bulb moment, if it is now JBC's voice, which he once heard and which was familar to him somehow.

7. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

well yeah ... but .... I mean JMO but if I was this dude in that scenario (perish the disgusting thought) the last thing I’d do was let them in. I’d choose appearing suspicious over being caught in the act of battering & raping the child they were searching for. Unless I wanted to spend the rest of my filthy worthless life in jail, I’d do anything to buy a few more minutes away from LE so I could try to hide evidence / hit the road. MOO

Maybe most likely, to continue with my theme of rampant speculation, LE fooled him with a friendly approach. In the earlier exchange they could’ve pretended to believe & credit his BS about seeing the girl earlier but not since. ‘Oh that’s so helpful, thanks man. Sorry to bother you. Is it okay if we come back a little later if we think of anything else?’ etc MOO

However all it went down, very glad they got him! I do admit that the apparent senselessness of the story raises a tiny concern that he DIDNT actually let them in ... raising specter of a warrantless search ... but anyway the news is he told LE to come on in & that sounds good, best thing he ever did. JMO

8. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

Also MOO.

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Snipped

He had two open warrants on him - LE had the right to be there and also to take hm into custody whether he let them enter or not.

jmo

10. Inthedetails

snipped

We've been thinking BG blends in with society, when really he blended in with common criminals.

JBC was literally in and out of custody for years. He was hidden in plain sight, but hidden from LE rather than the public. The surprise isn't that JBC could be BG; the surprise is that he wasn't on LE radar. That took some cunning (and luck).

I think JBC fits BG's profile, just not in the way we've been assuming would be the case.

jmo

11. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

!!! thank ya! Relief to know that

12. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

Yes, that is one of the things I sense too but didn't think how to put into words ;)

Nancy1954 and SweaterGirl like this.
  13. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

BBM. Agreed. Instead of being a pillar of the community, he was a felon with addictions issues and anger management problems. He wasn’t suspected of sexual assault against minor females until he was caught with the 9 year old.

LaborDayRN, jking, Anirtak and 3 others like this.
  14. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

<modsnip> Every MSM article about the disappearance of the Evansdale victims states that their bikes were found on a trail at Meyers Lake.... not at a carwash.

"They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge,” said Joe Pahl, who alerted police about the video July 16. “I’ve watched it.”
    Pahl is the manager of
    Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road, where a 24-hour camera captured the footage from its position behind the building. The time and date stamp — 12:11 p.m. July 13 — fits the police timeline of the case....About 4 p.m. the youngsters’ bikes and Collins’ purse were found on the south side of Meyers Lake. Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo, a bicyclist who said he often rides the Evansdale Nature Trail, has previously told The Courier he saw the two kids’ bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.
    Surveillance video may be last known sighting of missing girls

Although the girls only look like a blur as they cross the frame on their bicycles in the video, and the footage of the two girls lasts only seconds, investigators say they now are analyzing it for any clues that could lead to information about the girls whose bicycles were later recovered on a trail by nearby Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa.
    Missing Iowa Cousins: Surveillance Video of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Discovered

Elizabeth’s purse and their bikes were later found on a trail on the southeast corner of Meyers Lake around 4:00 P.M. that day, but there were no clues as to their whereabouts.
    Unsolved: Eights years ago today, the bodies of Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins were discovered

Earlier authorities had only marked off sections of the biking and hiking trail around the lake, where bicycles belonging to Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and a purse were discovered Friday.
    Evansdale lake search expands

The girls were last seen riding bikes near downtown Evansdale — close to the Collins’ home, 166 Brovan Blvd. — by their grandmother, Wylma Cook, at 12:15 p.m. Friday. Wylma was baby-sitting the youngsters. The girls’ bikes were found, along with Elizabeth’s purse containing a cell phone, four hours later on the southeast side of the lake on the bike trail.
    And:
    Police taped off the area of the nature trail where the bikes were found, which is right across the gate allowing access to the drainage outlet.
    Authorities begin draining Meyers Lake in search for two missing girls

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2021
    La Louve, Nancy1954, misgrn and 22 others like this.
  15. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Dear @taylorss,

Thank you for your insightful post!

I, too, have been focused on the possibility that J.C.B. could have been "camping" out near the Monon Bridge area, especially if he was homeless between those two jobs - the Moon Fabrication company and the next job which started in April, 2017.

The reporter at the beginning of the news cast (below) states that "9 Delphi charities received money" as a result of Mr. Tim Watt's journey to raise awareness of the homeless and to raise money for them. She interviews Mr. Watt in Delphi and the news cast is around 2017 (or 2016).

It would be interesting to find out information from Mr. Watt about the homeless situation in Delphi when he was there. In particular, where homeless persons camped out around Delphi.

Could the large wooded area on the far side of the Monon bridge have been one place? It is close to the highway and connects to other trails.

It wouldn't surprise me if the investigative team interviewed Tim Watt because he was in Delphi, visiting and staying with the homeless - as well as talking to them.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

TIM WATT (HARRY HOMELESS HIPPIE)-FORMERLY HOMELESS (DURING HIS ADVENTURE, NOW HOUSED BY HVAF)

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  16. mompalm

mompalm Well-Known Member

I agree with all you said here, BUT I'm not so sure we can look for an arrest within a month if JBC is the one they suspect to be BG. Unless LE found that "one piece" they have been waiting for, they have to pull together many pieces, as you pointed out, to build the overall case that is solid enough to take to trial.

I do hope we hear that they have either made an arrest or announced they are no longer interested in JBC very soon.

MOO

17. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

Delphi murders still very alive for family

German, who is attending Purdue and studying forensic psychology, says she meets monthly with investigators and they assure her they are making progress.
    “They won’t tell me how,” she said. “They won’t tell me why. They won’t tell me what they are looking at. I think he is hiding in plain sight. It could be someone I know or it could be someone who is only in town sometimes.”

And:

“I’ve written a letter I want to read at trial, but it changes all the time,” she said. “I have learned that you can’t go on without forgiveness, so I have forgiven him for what he did. I do not want him to receive the death penalty. When they catch him, I want to see him rot in prison.”

18. Inthedetails

That is quite a news segment and I'm also curious if Harry encountered JBC.

I'm not sure JBC was homeless at the time of the Delphi murders. Didn't he post a photo of himself soon after the murders where he is sitting indoors on a couch - the photo with the dog ball in his mouth? Or do I have my dates mixed up?

jmo

misgrn, MsBetsy, CrimeAway and 2 others like this.
  19. Marzipan

Marzipan Well-Known Member

All that "hidden in plain sight" talk seems straight out of a Criminal Minds episode to me. I mean, I watch that show while riding my exercise bike (fast pace of each crime being solved in 45 minutes keeps me pedaling). There have been episodes when the profilers are talking and they say that and other exact same things said at the Delphi press conferences. I don't know if they knew much or had a real profile. MOO, and not what I necessarily thought before, I admit.

20. sandy_80

sandy_80 Well-Known Member

i thought LE said there is no evident link between the two murders yet its still talked about here as such..
    even if we are living the social media craze era..thinking that we will find solutions and evidence and hints for murders on SM is non realistic ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.