Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the strongest pointers are:
  1. The crime was committed within the Delphi area (17 miles)
  2. The crime was an abduction and assault of a minor female under the age of 14
  3. He fits the weight, height, build of BG
  4. He resembles the 2 composite sketches
  5. He is 42, but “looks far younger” as the police description indicated
  6. His Facebook shows he likes woods, train tracks, bridges, camping
  7. His date of birth is the 13th, as in Delphi and Evansdale (mirror of Delphi homicide) crime dates
  8. He was in Iowa when Evansdale crime committed there.
  9. He was in Indiana when Delphi crime occurred.
I love your list. Can you provide more details on #8? I’ve seen mixed info on this and would love to see what you have the puts him in Iowa and how close to Evansdale he may have been. Thanks!

I love your list. Can you provide more details on #8? I’ve seen mixed info on this and would love to see what you have the puts him in Iowa and how close to Evansdale he may have been. Thanks!
I will have to try and find it again, but in a discussion forum someone had posted court documents which indicated Chadwell was living in Rock Valley, Iowa in 2012 (Evansdale crime was July 2012) and returned to Indiana in 2015. RV is purportedly 2 1/2 hours from Evansdale.

Last edited:
I found this....

williams-13-liberty-libby-german-14-the-delphi-murders-13-feb-2017-133.568088/page-37#post-16784022"]IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133[/URL]
Thanks. Can you fix the link? Can’t get it to work…

I believe I recall that there was a question of if A&L were not in the area when they first started a search because they had been in the area they were later found the next day. Am I remember correctly? If so, do you think it's possible he took them to wherever he was living at that time or somewhere else and killed them then returned their bodies and posed them so they'd be found the next day? I think they stopped the search at night they went missing and restarted it early the next morning.
JMO IMO

I believe I recall that there was a question of if A&L were not in the area when they first started a search because they had been in the area they were later found the next day. Am I remember correctly? If so, do you think it's possible he took them to wherever he was living at that time or somewhere else and killed them then returned their bodies and posed them so they'd be found the next day? I think they stopped the search at night they went missing and restarted it early the next morning.
JMO IMO

IMO, no, it's not possible based on what LE say they know about the crime.

I'll refer to Sheriff Leazenby's answer to this question in the Carroll County Comet:

Q. Has it been determined the girls were killed where they were found?

A. Based on information known, yes.

Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers | Carroll County Comet

JMO IMO
I personally don't think that is how it happened for the simple reason that that area is at the bottom of a steep hill. It would be difficult to carry two bodies, even one at a time, to the location while not knowing when searchers would appear.

And why bring them back? If he killed elsewhere, he could dispose somewhere else in an easier way than hauling them back.

I think he lured, pounced, killed, and left in a short amount of time. Imo

jmo

Very interesting video thank you for posting. The read I'm getting is this person is married or has been in a relationship since the murders. When LE refer to someone coming forward that knows who did this my opinion is they are referring to a spouse or partner. This could be a DV type relationship & they know they themselves could be killed if they speak up or they are living a financially comfortable life with a good standing in the community and know they will be shunned by association once the killer is identified.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned they thought LE might be waiting for the another crime to be committed with similar signatures and they could link the crimes and catch the person. I would argue they could also be waiting for the breakdown of a relationship for this person to start talking.

@Questions123 I certainly agree totally LE is hoping a breakup would happen soon.

So many unsolved cases have been solved when there were finally complete separations in the relationships. One I've mentioned before took 26 years. The witness who knew everything all those years was way too fearful to come forward until she was sure he wasn't out to be around her. Iirc he was finally in prison for another murder.

But as far as LE waiting for similar crimes hoping it may have the same signatures as BG, I must respectfully disagree as much as I agree about the split on the relationship subject.

That is the last thing all LE wants to see happen. LEs goals are to protect, and serve their communities. It's also an equal priority for them to arrest all suspects based on the probable cause evidence they have amassed.

Of course violent offenders especially against innocent minors becomes the top priority for they DO fear it can happen again before an arrest can be made. Imo, that IS the greatest fear they do have. Other than that they are relentless, fearless even willing to lay down their own lives in order to protect their communities, and bring justice to all victims.

Other than A&Ls families no one wants this case solved more than LE. I do think at first they really thought it would be too. But often murder cases aren't nearly as simplistic as they first appear to be, and are far more complex than first thought. What's even tougher are cases when the violent offenders are complete strangers to the victims. We are seeing a rise in stranger violent offenders, imo.

I have no doubt though that they have had the FBIs assistance to see if prior cases solved or unsolved had similar signatures of this one by checking the entire database.

Thank goodness they have created this national database so police everywhere now can not only check it, but also enter cases in their own general area or statewide where the suspects left their 'calling card' signatures at the scenes.

Jmho

Last edited:
I’m a bit “face blind” - especially with adult males, I struggle to tell some of them apart. It’s made for some awkward encounters over the years! Frank Bender was a genius and, if I work at at, I’m only able to make out two of his amazing busts (Girl with Hope and John List). I have zero spatial reasoning skills and I’m envious of the amazing people who work on the trace-an-object CSAM projects.

I see him in both sketches. I saw it immediately.

Me too on both the face blind and the instant recognition. Sometimes the face blind is an advantage because it tends to smooth out "irrelevant" details...

He also says that he is certain, and that Doug Carter feels the same way, that there is somebody out there who knows something, knows the person, knows something about the murder, that he/she may be afraid to come forward or may feel complicit in some way. Again, I wonder why do they feel so strongly about this - is this based on an educated hunch, and/or experience/past cases, or do they have a specific reason to think this? It sounds like to me this is perhaps educated conjecture, not sure. I mean, isn’t there the possibility that BG could have lived alone, or not confessed his crimes to anyone? Does this not happen often?

There’s the show, “Evil Lives Here”, which interviews family members of serial killers, their wives, children, etc. I am trying to remember if there were instances where some of these relatives didn’t know anything at all; perhaps they may have noticed things that were off, or can look back on things in hindsight and have a clearer picture...idk, I mean look at JC for example, IF he is BG, isn’t it possible nobody knew anything?

Again at the end he says BG has to worry every day if this is the day he is caught, that persons who may potentially know something circumstantially may give him away...

Was JC in a relationship on Feb. 17, 2017, or shortly thereafter?

Eta: thinking more about this, I wonder if they think he may brag about his crimes. This does happen.
I think someone else was there. Maybe didn’t participate, maybe just gave him a ride, something. MOO.

Absolutely that is possible however, I tend to think they would be granted immunity or some deal for most of those types of crimes if they can identify the killer.

I think when they arrested RL for telling the truth, and basically threw the book at him, they severely damaged their chances of getting anybody with possible crime connections to come forward.

I think when they arrested RL for telling the truth, and basically threw the book at him, they severely damaged their chances of getting anybody with possible crime connections to come forward.
Every time I hear LE ask for tips I think of that arrest and the media out there recording it. It was either that arrest or one other where ISP Sgt. Kim Riley made the statement that when they come across another crime they can't avoid it they have to make the arrest. Someone out there may indeed know who did this, but won't come forward out of fear. Not of the killer, but LE.

Kind of on topic, but not entirely. For the first two years one of the faces of this investigation was ISP 1st Sgt Jerry Holeman. He, along with ISP Superintendent Doug Carter and Sgt Kim Riley granted interviews. Riley has since retired. Holeman was the guy from LE on stage with Liberty's grandparents and Abigail's mother. But it seems since this has gone in a 'new direction' I haven't seen or heard from Holeman. Have ISP moved him on as part of the 'new direction'? And in the last year I seem to hear more from CCSO Tobe Leazenby. At the April 2019 PC it was only Leazenby behind Carter at the podium.

Every time I hear LE ask for tips I think of that arrest and the media out there recording it. It was either that arrest or one other where ISP Sgt. Kim Riley made the statement that when they come across another crime they can't avoid it they have to make the arrest. Someone out there may indeed know who did this, but won't come forward out of fear. Not of the killer, but LE.

That and the "trust" factor when it comes to LE, good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave