Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

Doghairrules has advised that tomorrow evening Sarah Turney will be hosting a live interview with Kelsi German. Kelsi will be addressing Chadwell and his possible connection to the Delphi case. (Sarah is the sister of Alissa Turney whose father has been arrested for Alissa’s murder)

Doghair has approval to post the link as it contains the interview with Kelsi.

crhedBngr, misgrn, LeeAnnB and 31 others like this.

2. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

I believe so....from the 2019 press conference:

We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby’s phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge.

Source of the transcript info: DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

The word "suspect" in this instance tells you that the person on the bridge is the person they believe is responsible for the murders. The word "suspect" is stronger than "person of interest," stronger than "might be involved," it means this is the person they believe to be the perpetrator. MOO.

3. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much.

taylorss likes this.
  4. Schatz

Schatz Well-Known Member

Totally possible, but please know that homeless and other transient populations make regular use of public libraries for this purpose.

crhedBngr, LoveyG, LaLaw2000 and 7 others like this.
  5. Tower

Tower Well-Known Member

Also, IMO, his instability while walking could make him seem older, when it could be caused by the rickety beams of the train trestle and/or alcohol use.

6. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Yes, that’s certainly possible. Thanks for pointing that out.

Tower, zencompass and DeDee like this.
  7. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

JC would not be talking with any LEOs if I'm his attorney, especially any officials from the Delphi murders. Investigators will use every resource available to them that LPD recovered, peruse his SM accts just as we have, possibly seek search warrants and interview any friends or family members who are willing to talk. But, I don't see his attorney allowing JC into an interrogation room with First Sgt Jerry Holman, Lead Investigator.

8. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Some primers on the case:

2016 video showing abandoned right-of-way by the Wabash River, all the way to the Monon High Bridge:

2.16.17 WTHR reporter interviews RL on his property, CS can be seen in the distance. Note that nowhere in this video is the MHB visible:

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  9. Falling Down

More:

Delphi schools promotional video for the trail and bridges:

LeeAnnB, jking, watcher9 and 7 others like this.
  10. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Yes- I was responding to @Barbieshell, “Doug Carter still insists the only piece they're missing is a name, lets hope they have that name now”. If all LE is missing is a name, they must believe they have the killer’s DNA. Moo

11. Falling Down

Makes me wonder.

How do they prove someone was there that day?

Finlay, SMK777, coastal and 5 others like this.
  12. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Witnesses, cell pings, fitness trackers, bio evidence/dna, transfer of specific leaves/soil/pet hair/human hair, fibers, employer records & other circumstantial facts, all added up. Lots of things might prove he was there that day. imo

13. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Thanks, SillyBilly.

Here is the link to Sarah's TikTok. You will see that her most recent video tells about what's coming up. Tomorrow evening at 8 pm ET she will have Kelsi German (Libby's sister) on a live video to talk about JBC and a possible connection to the Delphi murders.

I just checked and you will need to have an account in order to watch a live. I will try to summarize what they say, but note that there will not be a way to see it if you don't watch it live.

14. Barbieshell

Barbieshell Always be kind folks YOLO

They must have something, trace, partial, something - but it was what he said on the programme last night (was on the ID channel at 10pm in England), just need a name / someone to put BG's name forward apparently (he may just be saying that but I'd have hoped he is a stand up guy etc).
    I can imagine they've got loads of bits and bobs they've held back, just waiting for the right time and right POI to come along I'm imagining - JMOO

15. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

On the surface, he might have accounts, which aren't privat. He might be noticed (from distrustful people ;)) by the fact, that he almost never mentions females/children. Overly decent, respectful and under the radar - might be. Easy to hide in plain sight for 4 years and more. MOO

16. Barbieshell

I might be going soft but I always felt a tad sorry for RL, told the truth about where he was because he didn't want anyone thinking he was anywhere near the hideous murder of 2 girls on his property........but he was driving whilst disqualified to the tip and ended up getting banged up. He shouldn't have done it but hey ho, he did the crime so had to do the time. JMOO

wary, crhedBngr, MommyStephV and 5 others like this.
  17. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

are they naming him a suspect yet...or is he still a POI? I think they have to legally name him a suspect at some point in order to get all the warrants they need etc...am I wrong? or because he is waiting trial in jail and is a felony suspect can they just do what ever they want?

what I mean is..will they just charge him and never name him as a suspect in the media..??? mOO

18. Barbieshell

Nah they'll have ripped that house apart after he was caught with the little girl in his basement - that warrant will have allowed for further searches to see if there's other evidence to support that particular case..........anything else discovered that can potentially link him to other cases is just another MASSIVE BONUS - JMOO

If they have found anything in addition to what they need for that case they'll have to get the relevant parties from Delphi / Carol County to file their paperwork and get to work on proving anything concrete that proves he's got anything to do with the Delphi Murders etc

19. OverTheRhine

OverTheRhine Well-Known Member

He was a habitual drunk driver who had his license taken away from him AND was on probation. He shouldn't have been driving. He's a danger to himself and everyone on the road with him. He definitely had to do the time. I've seen people upset with LE because he got busted by giving an alibi, but it's not really up to them what happens to him when he violates probation.

WichitaFalls, Si2Mo, Miigo and 8 others like this.
  20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Replying to @Ozoner in the previous thread Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

All this talk about car washes has left the Jim Croce song stuck in my head. "I got them steadily depressin', low down, mind-messin' workin' at the car wash blues."

I assume that the car washes where people are victimized are the self-serve variety? People usually go there alone, and they're out of their vehicles/exposed for at least several minutes, so predators probably view those places as "target-rich environments."

Yes, and also car washes tend to be in parts of town where there's not a lot of foot traffic or people living nearby, so there's less chance of being observed, heard, or identified, especially at night. Also since there's nothing suspicious about a car driving around a car wash, they're sometimes chosen as dump sites.

Also because they tend to be in the area where there are gas stations, warehouses, truck repair places, etc. are located, quite a surprising number of them are moderately close to train tracks, if not an actual trestle. It might be just a weird coincidence.

But if you ask me, JBC has too damn many weird coincidences in his Facebook photos and posts....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.