Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a stretch... but I can see how in some pictures in some light Abby could be taken for a redhead. ETA: I have R/G color blindness, so there's that.

View attachment 298846

Source:
Delphi bridge cops are 'looking into' man who 'kidnapped girl, 9, and sexually assaulted her' | Daily Mail Online

Well I don’t know but it would seem to me “chasing someone in my wheelchair” indicates this guy has undying hots for someone who’s still alive, insinuating his never-ending devotion will last through his senior years as well. I’m not saying he’s sincere as it sounds like a typical flirty come-on line by a jerk to me.

Which aspects of the crime scene do you think were staged to misdirect LE? I think you're alluding to possible clothing in the water as one, but are there others? Just curious.
Yes, the clothing is a red herring IMO I believe it was staged to look like a possible SA, and I don’t believe BG had any motive pertaining to that. This crime happened extremely fast. BG got in and out. He did what he went there to do. Almost like doing his job. At the April PC, I couldn’t shake the feeling I got from Doug Carter...IMO he sounded as if he had been betrayed, lied to, and he seemed genuinely flabbergasted by it and upset for the families because he knew this “new direction “ was shocking to the families. Something about this case hadn’t sat right with me during the investigation in the following months directly after the girls were found. Maybe it’s all in my head, or maybe it’s because I have hope that neither one of these girls had to also suffer through an SA. It’s been 4 years and I STILL feel like I did back then....MOO

Those crazy blood-crying tattoos sold me on JBC. That, and he likes little red-headed girls.

I know that if there were no coincidences, we wouldn't have a word for it. It's just that my mind won't believe that this is one of those times.

If it turns out the tats antedate the Delphi killings, then he's killed someone else of similar appearance before.

Methinks.
It's certainly possible, but it will take much more to convince me. If someone could place JBC in Delphi on that date, then I'd be sold.

His last victim was 9, correct? Most sexual predators don't switch from teenagers to pre-pubescent kids. It happens, but it would place JBC in a fairly small minority.

It's certainly possible, but it will take much more to convince me. If someone could place JBC in Delphi on that date, then I'd be sold.

His last victim was 9, correct? Most sexual predators don't switch from teenagers to pre-pubescent kids. It happens, but it would place JBC in a fairly small minority.

rsbm

We've only seen photos of Abby & Libby -- but in side-by-side photos, who would you say is younger?

I'd say red-headed/strawberry blonde Abby.

jmho ymmv lrr

You can't anticipate how wide or narrow is a killer's net for potential victims. At least, not from a one-case sample of his crimes.

I don’t remember the name, but there was a teenage boy—in one of the Rocky Mountain States—who killed a little girl on her way to school. He’d first tried to attack a young adult woman, but she got away from him, if I remember correctly, so he moved down to more vulnerable prey.

I don’t remember the name, but there was a teenage boy—in one of the Rocky Mountain States—who killed a little girl on her way to school. He’d first tried to attack a young adult woman, but she got away from him, if I remember correctly, so he moved down to more vulnerable prey.

Austin Sigg.

IMO, his crimes are very informative to study with regard to the development of a killer.

Exactly. Additionally, sometimes it’s also simply a matter of availability and proximity. Years ago I read about a South American serial rapist and killer. He targeted young adult females, but one time the woman was about 64.

With regard to the Delphi killer's victim selection, I think it's possible he has previously been to the bridge/trail area or maybe just wondered/fantasized about the potential for taking a victim at that location. Then on the day he's selected to try to make his fantasy happen, he's been out there awhile. Maybe he figured he'd come upon a woman walking alone earlier in the day, but the circumstances just didn't come together right, as even on a nice day it's not a real well-traveled trail. By the time he sees Abby and Libby, he's already figured out that 1. There's not a lot of opportunities for a single victim, and 2. The end of the bridge is a good place to confront a victim. So when he sees them, he knows he's going to have to improvise from his original plan. He can't be picky about appearance, age, or even the fact that there are two of them if he wants to make it happen today.

So possibly their exact ages and the fact they were a duo didn't matter so much as them being female and ending up exactly where he wanted them location-wise.

Just speculating.

Great assessment of the location. Besides the main trail, the rest of BG's and the girls' movements that day on the bridge and through to the conclusion of the crimes fell within an area not even a 1/4 mile square.

My question is, and this has bothered me since early on, is how did he know about the bridge? How to get to it? If he had been there years previously, then he would have known the area before the highway opened in 2014. The highway made his escape easier, too.

JMO
With regard to the Delphi killer's victim selection, I think it's possible he has previously been to the bridge/trail area or maybe just wondered/fantasized about the potential for taking a victim at that location. Then on the day he's selected to try to make his fantasy happen, he's been out there awhile. Maybe he figured he'd come upon a woman walking alone earlier in the day, but the circumstances just didn't come together right, as even on a nice day it's not a real well-traveled trail. By the time he sees Abby and Libby, he's already figured out that 1. There's not a lot of opportunities for a single victim, and 2. The end of the bridge is a good place to confront a victim. So when he sees them, he knows he's going to have to improvise from his original plan. He can't be picky about appearance, age, or even the fact that there are two of them if he wants to make it happen today.

So possibly their exact ages and the fact they were a duo didn't matter so much as them being female and ending up exactly where he wanted them location-wise.

Just speculating.
Agree. Hanging out in the old fravel pit depression watching the activities on the MHB and MG Nature preserve might jave sparmed the idea.

I wonder if a person who likes to design tattoos might not go to old graveyards to look at tombstones for ideas.

Agree. Hanging out in the old fravel pit depression watching the activities on the MHB and MG Nature preserve might jave sparmed the idea.

I wonder if a person who likes to design tattoos might not go to old graveyards to look at tombstones for ideas.

I've wondered how comfortable BG was 'hanging out' on those private parcels in the past.

JMO

Yes, the clothing is a red herring IMO I believe it was staged to look like a possible SA, and I don’t believe BG had any motive pertaining to that. This crime happened extremely fast. BG got in and out. He did what he went there to do. Almost like doing his job. At the April PC, I couldn’t shake the feeling I got from Doug Carter...IMO he sounded as if he had been betrayed, lied to, and he seemed genuinely flabbergasted by it and upset for the families because he knew this “new direction “ was shocking to the families. Something about this case hadn’t sat right with me during the investigation in the following months directly after the girls were found. Maybe it’s all in my head, or maybe it’s because I have hope that neither one of these girls had to also suffer through an SA. It’s been 4 years and I STILL feel like I did back then....MOO

Look what JBC accomplished within one half of an hour surrounded by an all points bulletin
and neighbors all around him.. 30 minutes...think about it. mOO

Just speculating.
That's possible and would be fairly typical for a "trail killer," but his recent crime was very different. I can't rule him out, but it seems like people are trying a little too hard to connect the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie