Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

1. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I believe what has muddied the waters here on the infamous "couple under the bridge" is that original conversation was between Liberty's and Kelsie's father - who, according to Kelsie will not give interviews - and FSG - who, to the best of my knowledge has not done a public interview. So we have second hand information from Mike Patty to Gray Hughes. Was there a misunderstanding between MP, DG and FSG? Like the beginning of the telephone game. Did FSG say to DG "down underneath the bridge" OR simply "down at the bridge"? Gray Hughes, to the best of my knowledge, has not interviewed either of the two participants in the brief actual conversation, DG and FSG.

2. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

LE probably had to take a chance on that PC. To me, right now it appears that LE put all their money on this bet. If they were on point with the new sketch or the car at the CPS building or both then maybe this killer got shook up. OTH, if the killer is like what the comedian, Ron White, would say 'sitting naked in a beanbag chair eating Cheetos and watching TV' and knows LE is off base he is probably grinning and having another sip of beer.

3. news buff

news buff Well-Known Member

My post above was not MP, but a BP quote on Gray Hughes.

"The started up towards the trailhead. He stood there for a little bit, he looked around and didn’t see anybody or anything so he thinks he started walking towards the High Bridge, he was just about to where it forks and he ran into an older gentleman that was coming from the High Bridge and he asks him ‘Did you see a couple of girls there?’ and he said ‘No, but there's a couple down underneath.’" - Becky Patty, Timestamp 22:47, Interview with Mike And Becky Patty by Gray Hughes

4. news buff

My post above was not MP, but a BP quote on Gray Hughes.

"The started up towards the trailhead. He stood there for a little bit, he looked around and didn’t see anybody or anything so he thinks he started walking towards the High Bridge, he was just about to where it forks and he ran into an older gentleman that was coming from the High Bridge and he asks him ‘Did you see a couple of girls there?’ and he said ‘No, but there's a couple down underneath.’" - Becky Patty, Timestamp 22:47, Interview with Mike And Becky Patty by Gray Hughes

FromGermany1 likes this.
  5. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

BP or MP, neither was a party to the actual conversation. It was between FSG and DG. I'd like to hear an interview with one or both, but as I said one of the two, DG, according to Kelsie, has no desire to make any public interviews or statements.

6. news buff

Most of what we have been given is hearsay. But we can only rely on the family or Gray Hughs by the rules.

superbee and DeDee like this.
  7. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

"you want to know what we know"

Yep. I sure do. I'd love to know what LE knows. Wouldn't that be nice!

I have said over and over, and will repeat again. The constant discussion on this thread is so important. It keeps the memory of these girls alive, and keeps their case at the forefront of conversation. Maybe someday, soon, the answers will come.

8. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

It makes you wonder if they saw Libby and Abby but didn’t realize they were in distress.

9. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 I'm the same as always.

Rather one of the girls with BG perhaps?

10. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 I'm the same as always.

Sometimes I'm thinking, we could cut the discussion, but you are right: the case would get forgotten soon. Maybe, it's important to go on only for that?

11. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

one other thing..Libby was big enough to appear as an older person from that view from above standing next to a 5 ft 8 male...so they could appear as a couple from the bridge looking down.

I hate thinking of this. mOO

12. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

My interpretation is that it's a man and a woman that is also referenced by the witness here: Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

13. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

Good morning everyone:) I apologize if I threw the discussion into chaos :/ I just find things odd about the case and probably shouldn’t look into it so deeply. ETA: Question was already asked:oops:

14. sleuther0192837465

Right! I mean, where is this “couple”? What did they see? Or were they actually BG, Libby or Abby? Or BG and an accomplice?

15. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Yes I firmly believe the family is withholding any important information from the public at the request of LE, if it would jeopardize the police investigation because their collaborative objective is identifying the killer. I’m not sure what you mean by that would change a lot of things that’ve been discussed here because our discussion is at best speculative.

musicaljoke, DeDee, Nancy1954 and 2 others like this.
  16. MistyWaters

If you can find a link for an “arguing couple” I’d appreciate it.

By best recollect is it sprung legs from totally wild speculation that the “couple” must’ve been one of the girls under the bridge with another male and an argument ensued prior to the murders.

Nancy1954, JnRyan and SMK777 like this.
  17. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

There's no reason to think that the "couple" mentioned by family on GH didn't come forward. LE doesn't usually release information about potential witnesses after the fact just so the public can know about it. I would assume that if LE are not continuing to issue appeals about it, then they are confident they've talked to the people they need to.

This article is valuable: State Police asking for public's help in Carroll County ·

In that it was based on ISP press releases and first published when police were asking anyone who was on the trails to come forward, and then was updated with more information over time.

The first appeal by ISP on February 14th was this:
    We are asking for anyone to come forward with information or were in the area of the Delphi Historic Trails or Monon High Bridge that might have seen a person or persons, vehicles parked in the area or were taking pictures.

By Wednesday the 15th at 6:50 pm ISP were asking for this:

Indiana State Police have provided a photograph of a subject who was on the Delphi Historic Trails on February 13, 2017 around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking. The Indiana State Police are asking help from the public to help identify him so he can be contacted regarding what he might have seen.
    Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., authorities would like to talk to you. If you can identify the subject or were parked in the lot, please contact the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department or the Delphi Police.

By Sunday, February 19th the ISP press releases no longer ask for people who were on the trails to come forward, but only ask for assistance identifying the man.

My conclusion from this is that LE were able to talk to everyone they felt they needed to....except the suspect.

JMO.

18. sleuther0192837465

I find it odd, though. There were other witnesses that we know came forward, but not this “couple”? Whatever has happened, I hope that means this “couple” know/saw something that helps with the case. MOO

superbee, news buff and SMK777 like this.
  19. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

LE cannot control if witnesses out themselves, by talking on social media or the like (which has occurred in this case, leading to some identities being known), but in this case LE have not officially confirmed much of anything about the witnesses or their identities. From LE, we've heard that at least one is a woman (the origin of the young sketch) and we've heard that the old sketch was made with input from more than one person. Other than that, they certainly haven't said who has come forward. It would be odd to me if LE announced "by the way, we found the couple you were all speculating about!" If LE aren't still issuing appeals to talk to someone, then I'd assume they have a handle on it.

20. MistyWaters

When you refer to coming forward, it seems there’s a tight lid over everyone with any firsthand direct or potential knowledge about that day. Neither the searcher nor search group who discovered the bodies, FSG, nor the couple, not even DG, nor people involved in creating either sketch have ever contacted the media to identify themselves and tell their story.

Not unusual though. I’d bet the killer doesn’t only want to know what LE knows, but also what other unidentified people might’ve witnessed and informed LE of. JMO