Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I accept and respect your respectful disagreement and will respectfully decline to read the sources provided...mostly because I’m lazy. :D

Rural_PC, bluenoser, JnRyan and 4 others like this.

2. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

No worries. As always, I'm only providing information so that people can challenge their assumptions if they want to (in this case, the assumption that people are more motivated by a bigger reward to do the right thing, or that rewards are a tactic more effective than other strategies at solving crimes). I don't ask anyone to change their mind but I like to bring information forward. I appreciate the discussion you bring to the thread.

3. sandy_80

sandy_80 On Time Out

I don't believe that anybody has the right tip they are ALLEGEDLY waiting for...which could be something like this
    he confessed the whole thing to me and this includes details of the crime scene and exact manner of death not leaked or shared

Laura456, Rhapfan, JnRyan and 6 others like this.
  4. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I find it quite odd that after massive press coverage of BC as a possible suspect and all of the interviews, family, etc...all of the things that were dug up and all of the attention it garnered for Abby and Libby..you would hardly think there would be a BLACKOUT of any discussion of this case.

in my mind this man is under intense suspicion and there is a great deal of work being done behind the scenes.

look, they are in a huddle now, there's no way they are going to stop taking calls and inquiry's, stop publicly asking people to come forward, black out all discussion of the latest poi..it's highly unusual...because this case has not been solved for five years..and even Elizabeth and Lyric's cases are unsolved..

so what we do know for certain is they are still working on JBC. they have unsolved cases. other states and counties have unsolved cases..everyone has to take a good look at JBC because he has been in the vicinity of many of unsolved crimes ( according to his Facebook and his parole records etc. ) and because of what he did in Lafayette.

so here we have this guy and the potential becomes enormous..and if it is possible they have the right guy
    then it's time to decide to try and get a confession...that would be best all around.

mOO

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  5. Yemelyan

Serious question - did they "blackout" any and all discussion about the case (as you said, for example, no longer asking for people to come forward with information) or did they say that any further discussion of potential POIs and suspects would not be afforded? Because there is a big difference in those two scenarios IMO.

6. minazoe

this was never clarified as far as I know..I assume they will say they continue to look at other suspects..as for the tip line that is unknown. but they are not going to make statements and have not come out asking for the help of the public... if the tip line was actually closed then I think that would mean game over.

if you call there with questions they will not talk about it, and they will not have any press conferences where they update reporters and make pleas to the public for information.

mOO

7. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

DELPHI, Ind. — Carroll County imposed a total blackout on releasing any information about possible persons of interest in the investigation into the Feb. 13, 2017, killings of teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams.

"No further comment on Mr. Chadwell or any other suspect will be afforded in the foreseeable future," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Wednesday when the Journal & Courier called asking for follow-up information about James Brian Chadwell.

BBM

Delphi murders: Blackout imposed in Libby and Abby killings

katydid23, MizStery, JnRyan and 7 others like this.
  8. Yemelyan

I think that if this case is going to reach a resolution (whether you think that's JBC or you think the person is still out there), we need to make sure we post accurate information in these threads. I think you can probably appreciate that if we state on this thread that police are not going to ask for any more help from the public, or that they will no longer be discussing any aspect of the case - that could spread widely and make people who DO have important information less likely to come forward.

Information on a "blackout" goes back to just one article, in the Journal & Courier: Journal and Courier

It states:
    Carroll County imposed a total blackout on releasing any information about possible persons of interest in the investigation into the Feb. 13, 2017, killings of teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams.

"No further comment on Mr. Chadwell or any other suspect will be afforded in the foreseeable future," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Wednesday when the Journal & Courier called asking for follow-up information about James Brian Chadwell.

It doesn't say anywhere that they are no longer asking people to call in with tips or that no further updates of any kind will be issued. It refers specifically to possible persons of interest. It is a blackout on information relating to possible persons of interest, not a blackout on information about the case.

If we care about this case being solved, let's keep accuracy at the forefront.

9. sandy_80

sandy_80 On Time Out

superbee and FrostedGlass like this.
  10. Laura456

Laura456 Well-Known Member

It greatly depends on the amount of people and the care needed. For some people, that amount of money would not go far. For some, it could last ten years.

Laughing, Yemelyan and keep-it-real like this.
  11. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

Youre right of course @StarryStarryNight it is the right thing to do.
    We have seen how caring the Delphi community has been to the victims family in this case,@Yemelyan has pointed out how the futures of the families of people who commit such crimes could be affected. Perhaps a different approach is needed. Perhaps a publicity campaign reaching out to assure anyone who knows the person who did this and wants to come forward but is afraid for whatever reason to do so, that the community will help and support them through it. After all they are also victims particulary if the reason that they are holding back is because they have children too.

superbee, kai, sunshineray and 2 others like this.
  12. Yemelyan

@sandy_80 Thanks for bringing that up, I was going to mention it as well and then thought the better of it. There have been podcasts lately that played very fast and loose with their information and put out some rumors with only the most meager attempt to conceal who they were accusing.

I strongly believe that the "blackout" on discussing possible persons of interest is related to the attention on presumably innocent people drummed up by these podcasts just as much as it's related to the hoopla over JBC.

superbee, bluenoser, Laura456 and 3 others like this.
  13. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Thank you for repasting the original report. Nowhere is it quoted LE even used the word “blackout”. For all we know it was the title choice of the writer. Yet there’s focus on that one word - blackout - as if its an important revelation when in reality LE have already stated in the past they won’t be releasing any information on suspects. I agree, singular words blown out of proportion in order to take on unnecessary significance does absolutely nothing to help solve this case. JMO

14. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I agree. It also wouldn’t surprise me if tipsters regularly call up LE asking for an investigative update for tips they’ve submitted.

bluenoser and Yemelyan like this.
  15. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

I believe this is a group crime so Im encouraged they have narrowed it down to 4 or 5.

bluenoser likes this.
  16. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I’m with you in that the family members of this killer shouldn’t be reviled and I doubt that would happen unless they were somehow complicit. No torch carrying crowds will rule the day.

Doghairrules and sunshineray like this.
  17. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

We live in interesting times, tho.

18. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

That wording, " No further comment on Mr. Chadwell or any other suspect", to me says JBC is still a "suspect" in the Delphi murders...in Sheriff Leazenby's mind. MOO

19. minazoe

they did not say no arrest..just no discussing.

katydid23, Tealgrove and Doghairrules like this.
  20. CurlyQ

CurlyQ Well-Known Member

Checking in.....anyone know why there's a blackout on release of information?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.