Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound too idealistic or unrealistically optimistic, but I have been around investigations enough to recognize significant movement in a “cold case”.

Two of note have occurred this week alone:

1. Commissioners have approved funding to lease a brand new space dedicated solely to the Delphi investigation.

This includes a $600/mo rental fee, and at least $20k of funds for upgrades to the space — security systems, fortified steel doors, interview room setup, kitchen, etc — $15k which were made available immediately. The timeline is incredibly tight: investigators will be moved into the new space before the end of this month, and the space will hold 2-4 full-time investigators working on this case alone. That is a huge personnel increase from the TWO detectives currently working on this case within CCS, which acts as the lead agency.

Some posters on another website have suggested this move is meaningless, as the City of Delphi mayor requested back in June that the Delphi investigation vacate from the space they have been occupying within the city building. This is true. What is significant, however, is that this move is not a downgrade or indicative of a “winging down” of investigative efforts. On the contrary, Delphi is a city that has undergone significant economic downturn in recent years — vacant space is available everywhere, much of which is cheap and in close proximity to their current space within the Delphi building.

So, why the sudden increase of personnel, space and security dedicated to this space? Leazenby cites that the space will hold “local and state” investigators — there are currently no ISP detectives working this case in Delphi. Something changed in the last several weeks that has caused this investigation to disrupt its media blackout and announce a major increase of attention and investigative efforts. The mayor’s order to vacate seems more like a very convenient “reason” to give for the movement than any negative development.

2. Detective Kevin Hammond, one of the sheriff department’s only two investigators, announced his retirement yesterday.

Again, many posters in other forums have suggested that this is bad news for the investigation. I couldn’t disagree more. If we look at TL’s comments thus far on the move, specifically his mention of ISP investigators moving in and how “this isn’t what the commissioners or sheriff department wanted but it’s for the girls” (paraphrasing), I am inclined to believe that the sheriff department is taking a lesser role in the investigation to make way for a small, directed and more secure team consisting of state-level investigators and “other agencies” (i.e. A TASK FORCE).

As Carroll County has held onto the lead role in this case with an iron fist, I imagine this is a tough blow to TL and the county. It is never easy for an agency to take a backseat in an investigation that they have become emotionally invested in — it sucks and feels like failure. Having said that, I truly believe these things are GOOD news for the investigation. We are talking about two MAJOR and relevant announcements in a case that has had ZERO significant movement since April 2019.

Say what you will about it being a positive or negative sign — movement is movement. I am hopeful they have something significant and are preparing for an intense next few months.

Great analysis and perspective, thank you. I feel a little glimmer of hope that I haven't had in a while, even with the whole JBC thing

Last night there was a broadcast of "The Interview Room" with Chris McDonough on YouTube. He is also the Director of Law Enforcement Relations at the Cold Case Foundation. A guest on the show was Francine Bardole, who is the Cold Case Foundation's resident expert on "touch DNA" extraction from clothing and other items like rocks, etc. She briefly described how obtaining DNA from crime scene items worked. She seemed like she knew what she was talking about. I wonder if she could help solve the murder of Abigril Williams and Liberty German?

The Parabon group and other genetic genealogists, such as Barbara Rae-Venter, are exceptionally smart. I don’t believe that the reason genetic genealogy was, so far, powerless in Delphi, is for want of brilliant experts, or money.

When LE/FBI would arrest someone, where would they go first with the person? To the new rented building?

i was wondering about that too - what sort of holding / jail facilities might be at this new facility. Seeing it described as extra secure, with interview rooms etc - will it have holding space?

If so, could part of the idea be developing a space where they can securely hold even a suspect of great notoriety? It seems the mob is less shy these days than it used to be, and communities really don’t like it when people murder their daughters JMO …

I cannot imagine how ZERO leaks have happened! it's remarkable..I mean mostly it might come out as rumors..which we don't discuss here for the obvi reasons.. but not even any RUMORS!! How is that? it's crazy I tell you...<modsnip>

this has to be very serious because why else would they shut the door on the media? what reason could they have?

<modsnip>
mOO

Last edited by a moderator:
At a guess, they'd probably bring the person in for questioning at this location, and then transfer them to a more secure facility if they arrest them. But it sounds like it could have some pretty secure areas.

They certainly seem to be preparing for something a lot bigger than a continuing investigation.

When LE/FBI would arrest someone, where would they go first with the person? To the new rented building?

First and foremost, LE must arrest someone for the murders. The best HQ building in the world, rented or owned, is but a building like any other. LE must find and arrest the killer of Libby German and Abigail Williams. It has been 4 years, and IMO this is now a "cold case". Moving from one building to another is just a distraction and matters not to the families of Libby and Abby. MOO

First and foremost, LE must arrest someone for the murders. The best HQ building in the world, rented or owned, is but a building like any other. LE must find and arrest the killer of Libby German and Abigail Williams. It has been 4 years, and IMO this is now a "cold case". Moving from one building to another is just a distraction and matters not to the families of Libby and Abby. MOO

its not a cold case.

It's kind of funny how everything they do just arouses more curiosity. They'll probably be shooting down drones before it's over with. Restricted airspace. :D
IF there is a huge scandal in sight, maybe there will be more restrictions than only to the airspace - who knows. White sheets or simple tents from the parking lot to the entrance perhaps. All shielded like a very dramatic accident - we will see.

In my eyes, JBC wouldn't be the reason for scandal.

its not a cold case.

Agree, 100%. MOO, MHOO, just me BUT: IMO we in the general public don't see much happening, but that's because LE has--unlike some other high-profile investigations--done a remarkable job of keeping a lid on leaks from inside LE. And I suspect that LE has kept it so "leakproof" at least in part because all the LE officers involved are so committed to closing this case, and don't want leaks to harm the investigation or prosecution.
I think we in the general public are going to be amazed when the full story of the investigation finally becomes public. I think there is more activity than most of us would suspect. And I hope that the vermin who did this are waiting for that knock at the door--have been dreading and fearing that day ever since that Feb 14th.

I think many of us when sleuthing poi's in this case really noticed the "everyone is connected" thing and have felt that would play a role when this case is solved. Many of us focused on the drug connections, criminals, RSO's, etc... that's human nature to do, it's always the bad guy that can be picked out, right?

LE has flat out told us the answer will be a shock to the community.
IMO LE has said what they can to prepare for the heartache.
I believe BG's connections will also be shocking. :oops:
Imagine if his family members are LE, community leaders, coaches, etc...

Agree, 100%. MOO, MHOO, just me BUT: IMO we in the general public don't see much happening, but that's because LE has--unlike some other high-profile investigations--done a remarkable job of keeping a lid on leaks from inside LE. And I suspect that LE has kept it so "leakproof" at least in part because all the LE officers involved are so committed to closing this case, and don't want leaks to harm the investigation or prosecution.
I think we in the general public are going to be amazed when the full story of the investigation finally becomes public. I think there is more activity than most of us would suspect. And I hope that the vermin who did this are waiting for that knock at the door--have been dreading and fearing that day ever since that Feb 14th.
Yes! ISP Superintendent Doug Carter has repeatedly said he can't wait to tell what they know.

"To the killer, you want to know what we know, and some day you will".

Brian Chadwell could be cleared by now...but nope.

ways he should be quickly excluded..?

footprint-shoe size
height-weight
build- BG has upper body mass and huge sloping shoulders.
voice analysis
gait
right or left handed
mitochondrial DNA/hair analysis

oh and one more thing....an alibi.

but no can do. mOO

May I ask respectfully why you believe this?

There's nothing to "believe". A cold case is a case that has been put on the back burner and is no longer being actively investigated. There are no tips, no leads, detectives are no longer assigned to the case. This has has all of those things. It's being actively investigated, new tips are still coming in and leads are being investigated. Kelsi and Anna have both said they meet with LE routinely and are updated and that they are constantly working on the case.

This is a very important case..the most important case in Carroll County.
Also JBC's case is very important and they need to prosecute him handily and without potential for continuous defense games in court.

so why not just clear him then and we can all move on? this way the little girl who he choked until blood ran from her eyes can get unimpeded justice.

would make much more sense for them just to get him off the hot seat right?
This guy is not the killer of A&L..period..we are moving on in new directions and
pursuing new leads.

then they don't have to shut down their case to the media and can continue to use the media to look for the killer.

but, no...mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member