Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

You are correct. No one saw the actual murders. Witness meaning people on the trail that day who saw other people on the trail that day. :)

2. Falcon500

Falcon500 Verified Law Enforcement Detective/L.E. Procedures

<modsnip> A cold case is one where all investigative leads have been eliminated and there are no suspects. These cases are often store in storerooms or in archives gathering dust. I had/have a case from 1935 that was not a cold case.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2021
  3. Falcon500

Several of the things that you suggest are unconditional and not legal.

4. Rural_PC

Rural_PC Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

I do have a question though, how do you know that all investigative leads have not been eliminated and that they have suspect(s)?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2021
  5. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

Your right, I shouldn't have said "Give them no peace". Everything else, following the correct procedures, should be OK, I would think. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lavender Moon likes this.
  6. Falcon500

MistyWaters and Jax49 like this.
  7. sapphire blue

sapphire blue Well-Known Member

it can sometimes take years before a suspect is arrested, remember law enforcement only get one chance at a conviction, they have to make sure they have enough to convict, otherwise the perp walks free.

a good example of how long it can take to arrest is Dylan Redwines case. Dylan disappeared in nov 2012, his father was only arrested in July 2017, and only convicted this year. The wheels of justice turn quite slowly, unlike tv shows where it’s all wrapped up neatly in a short time frame.

8. heartgoesout

Was there any indication why it took so long?

Lavender Moon likes this.
  9. heartgoesout

Or someone who finally did come forward and was able to collaborate with what everyone else was saying because he would have saw the same things and then hide in plain sight (figuratively speaking) as a witness not POI. IMO

Andieinsyd and paraphrase like this.
  10. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Formerly FromGermany

If he is not from Delphi, then they wouldn't know him personally, but nevertheless would be shocked. IMO

mountainclimb and Lavender Moon like this.
  11. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Formerly FromGermany

Difference: the most wouldn't be in a position to ask LE (or use a "trustworthy" middleman) to gain information. But BG or his middleman might be.

12. AC4RD

AC4RD Well-Known Member

Respectfully, the police have been pretty open about it--for which I'm glad.

"There is still a dedicated team working on the case, which includes two Carroll County detectives, two Indiana State Police detectives and other law enforcement officers. " from February, Police say Delphi murders investigation still active 4 years later | wthr.com Also new HQ for the investigation, which we were just discussing: wouldn't be done if there wasn't an active investigation, IMO.

I don't know anything "inside" from any of this, but my guess is that many of the LE officers who have been involved in this will *never* stop investigating and thinking about this case, on duty or not, until the offender is in handcuffs.

13. AC4RD

AC4RD Well-Known Member

I still speak absolutely respectfully, I don't mean this as ANY sort of criticism, just as a point of fact: "cold case" has a specific meaning, which Mr Falcon500 explained. It wasn't his opinion (though this statement is MY opinion only) and he simply meant that the observable facts about the ongoing investigation show that the case is not "cold" by that standard definition. That's all, and I don't think he meant it with any disrespect--same with me, just trying to keep our definitions clear. No hard feelings here, right? Seriously!

14. Rural_PC

No hard feelings at all. Being a bit pedantic I'll mention that there are a few different definitions of cold case out there. I personally don't know if it is a cold case or not, but I sure think it is a fair discussion to have. Government funding is a strange animal, so I don't know what to think of the new building. And cops lie all the time, so I don't put much stock in their proclamations. Especially considering the mixed messages that have been sent by law enforcement and prosecutors involved with this case.

Rtael and JnRyan like this.
  15. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

there is movement in the case..they are investigating someone, they are moving into new space and expanding their team..not just any space but a space with a S$@T ton of parking . So no way is this case even close to cold. ..this case is an ongoing reality and will be for at least the next two years.

has anyone ever heard of something like this on any case? I never have..It's like a command center..a bunker..a safe house..tell me how it can be even remotely a cold case. no way.

mOO

16. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I have never believed Leazenby made that statement in the context of he knows who’s guilty….as if haha case solved, guess who! There’s more than one meaning to that statement and I think we’re taking it the wrong way.

He certainly knows who local townsfolk think might be guilty, he knows who they’ve investigated and while not making an announcement, he knows who’s been cleared. So I think he just means the people will be shocked when the most popular candidate thought to be guilty is not the one who is eventually charged.

IMO Shocked at who the culprit isn’t, rather than shocked at who he is.

17. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Almost like they're expecting an all-out media frenzy.

18. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

almost as if ...if the case stays where it is it will interrupt the daily operations of the police station and it won't be able to properly function...just sayin.. mOO

19. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

What is the exact address of the building?

20. Rural_PC

That would be awesome, and reason to celebrate perhaps. I hope you are right!

Diddian and AC4RD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.