Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
"chicks". is still used all over the place..it is not from motorcycle gangs..in England they call chicks "birds"..same thing..it's still used everywhere...it's just one of many....and mama's. ? more like "old lady" is a a reference to a girlfriend and typical biker slang...I think you are going back to the 40's and 50's....

I don't think "chick' is considered derogatory..mostly refers to a younger woman...now, BROADS? that one is over and done...:0)

It is a slang term for young (teenaged) girls that was used a few decades ago. You don't hear it much anymore and it is pretty much considered a derogatory term. I don't know of it being used specifically by bikers. Back in the "glory days" of bike gangs, the female members were sometimes referred to as "mamas or motorcycle mamas". but that was years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Since posting I found reference to such groups using the term chicks

Can I go back to the word 'Chick/s' for a moment would this be a term used for a female/s by a biker?

It goes back to the 60s. Wasn't meant as a derogatory term. For instance, boyfriends would refer to their girlfriends as "chick".

Orange, lemon, cherry and lime
Fudge, tutti frutti and a grape that's fine
Buy one for me and one for my chick
A lot of good eating on a popsicle stick

Your distain for any thought that Chadwell might be the Delphi killer is noted. However...
1) Every POI that has come up in this case has triggered an avalanche of interest. Didn’t start with Chadwell. Shouldn’t be that upsetting.
2) There are a lot of people who think there is a good chance Chadwell may be the guy, some more than others. That’s pretty much true of every POI that’s been discussed here and every theory put forth. Why would Chadwell be any different.
3) Chadwell is a moron. A very violent and perverted moron. Just like Nations, just like Eldridge. In my humble opinion, Libby and Abby’s killer is not a criminal genius, he is a moron. If the shoe fits...
There are plenty of reasons people point to Chadwell and say “that’s the guy!” Yes, real valid reasons.
There are plenty of reasons people don’t think he’s the killer. Valid also.
I just don’t understand the hostility over people suggesting Chadwell is involved.

if the deal over this guy wasn't too much and over the top.. why do you think the families shown a hostile reaction ? with the sister making pleas to stop it...I dont mean this discussion in crime forums which of course is open to everything ..I meant the craze on facebook and tiktok and so on.. when misinformation leads to illusions that case is solved and so on
its fine you think BG is a moron ..I am in the other club who think that he is an organized and unusual offender.. actually in my books i think he is one of the most unusual offenders in recent years ( and not because its a snapchat murder )
there are reason to think that as well as my hunch ..
clearly sexual offence and a double murder with a notable crime scene are two different things..

I know you were replying to someone else but speaking just for myself....I think Chadwell is the best candidate that we have seen/know about (there may be better ones LE have privately; they certainly know more than us). There are some valid reasons he could be the one. And if he is, then it's a good thing...the victims' families could be at rest.

However, my hackles do rise when I see posts inflating his possible connections over what has been confirmed by LE (because I think anything posted here should be as accurate as possible).

And while I like seeing others' opinions about his possible involvement, I don't like seeing opinions stated as fact because I fear that any person who DOES have important information may not come forward to LE if they read false information or take rumors and opinions literally. This goes for any case on Websleuths though, not just this one.

Any hostility you get from me is more about people being irresponsible with the information we do have than anything to do with JBC or any other potential POI. Again, that's just my personal take on it.
I think anyone coming forward after this many years will be someone in the know. It won't be someone who thinks they saw something four years ago that may be something important about the killer(s). That time is long gone, IMO.

The only ones coming forward will already know the killer or have JUST come across definitive information of who the killer is, AJMO

I think anyone coming forward after this many years will be someone in the know. It won't be someone who thinks they saw something four years ago that may be something important about the killer(s). That time is long gone, IMO.

The only ones coming forward will already know the killer or have JUST come across definitive information of who the killer is, AJMO

So if these hypothetical tipsters were searching for information about the case in order to make a decision about if they need to come forward, do you think it is helpful or unhelpful to read opinions stated as facts, such as "They've got him" or "There's no one else in the area who could have committed this type of crime" OR inflations/manipulations of the truth like "LE has shut down all discussion about the Delphi case"? (Which was asserted here but is not true according to MSM sources.)

I think this type of irresponsible posting is patently unhelpful and is the reason WS TOS states that things that are opinions need to be stated as such and things that are facts need to be cited.

So I'll just say this: The murders of Abby and Libby are still unsolved. LE have named NO definite suspects in this case. No one has been arrested for these murders. The tip line is open.
e-Mail: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
Tip Line: (844) 459-5786
Indiana State Police: (800) 382-7537
Carroll County Sheriff: (765) 564-2413

So if these hypothetical tipsters were searching for information about the case in order to make a decision about if they need to come forward, do you think it is helpful or unhelpful to read opinions stated as facts, such as "They've got him" or "There's no one else in the area who could have committed this type of crime" OR inflations/manipulations of the truth like "LE has shut down all discussion about the Delphi case"? (Which was asserted here but is not true according to MSM sources.)

I think this type of irresponsible posting is patently unhelpful and is the reason WS TOS states that things that are opinions need to be stated as such and things that are facts need to be cited.

So I'll just say this: The murders of Abby and Libby are still unsolved. LE have named NO definite suspects in this case. No one has been arrested for these murders. The tip line is open.
e-Mail: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
Tip Line: (844) 459-5786
Indiana State Police: (800) 382-7537
Carroll County Sheriff: (765) 564-2413
Nothing said would make a bit of difference to someone who knows definitively who the killer is.

As far as those who come upon, after 4 years information they think, not know, may have some value, the monstrous reward would, I feel, tip the scales towards them calling it in. AJMO

I truly don't think chatter about this suspect or that suspect makes a bit of difference in deterring anyone at this point, four years on.

When did they announce this?

They didn't announce it.

They replied to a Journal & Courier reporter who wanted a statement about Chadwell thusly:

"No further comment on Mr. Chadwell or any other suspect will be afforded in the foreseeable future," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Wednesday when the Journal & Courier called asking for follow-up information about James Brian Chadwell.

Delphi murders: Blackout imposed in Libby and Abby killings

Some people saw the words "suspect" and "James Brian Chadwell" in the same sentence and concluded that the intent of the sentence was to reveal he is an official suspect.

They didn't announce it.

They replied to a Journal & Courier reporter who wanted a statement about Chadwell thusly:

"No further comment on Mr. Chadwell or any other suspect will be afforded in the foreseeable future," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Wednesday when the Journal & Courier called asking for follow-up information about James Brian Chadwell.

Delphi murders: Blackout imposed in Libby and Abby killings

Some people saw the words "suspect" and "James Brian Chadwell" in the same sentence and concluded that the intent of the sentence was to reveal he is an official suspect.
Do you think Journal and Courier misquoted Sheriff Leazenby?

This does not stop cops from arresting, interrogating, or moving forward. There is just no way in the world they know who did it and are letting a double murderer wander free bc mom says they were at home, or whatever the idea is.

Maybe they think they know who did it but have no evidence to prove it and there’s an alibi, but if there is evidence to prove anything they’d already have arrested this person.

Do you think Journal and Courier misquoted Sheriff Leazenby?

IMO no need to misquote him, he misspeaks on his own often enough. Of course they are looking into JBC. I don’t think it’s anything more than that. I think the “blackout” is because JBC was trying to use his notoriety and rumors of a connection to Delphi to weasel out of his current situation. Not because there’s really any connection between JBC and Delphi. They want to protect the current case against him. Again IMO.

Nothing said would make a bit of difference to someone who knows definitively who the killer is.

As far as those who come upon, after 4 years information they think, not know, may have some value, the monstrous reward would, I feel, tip the scales towards them calling it in. AJMO

I truly don't think chatter about this suspect or that suspect makes a bit of difference in deterring anyone at this point, four years on.

Hmm, I really hope you are right. My thinking on this, however, is different and based in part on the opinions of the criminologist/behavioral analyst seen in this video from HLN about the Delphi murders. This was the "extra" Youtube special that HLN showed in conjunction with their two part episodes on Delphi earlier this year:

Watch what the expert has to say at around minute 3, minute 9 and minute 42. At each point she talks about the importance of keeping information (I would assume, accurate information) about this case in the forefront of media to assist in solving it. She makes the point that many cases are solved because people realize, years later, that they know something that they did not realize they knew.

She also talks about the "pall of denial" and how that impacts people's ability to come forward to LE with important, definitive information. The factor that tips the scales for them is likely not the reward but the mental state of coming to the realization that they can no longer deny what they know.

If opinions stated as facts and rumors are allowed to take hold on message boards like WS and other sources of information for the public, how might this contribute to the "pall of denial" that prevents some crimes from being solved, or being solved until years later? Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member