Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to "believe". A cold case is a case that has been put on the back burner and is no longer being actively investigated. There are no tips, no leads, detectives are no longer assigned to the case. This has has all of those things. It's being actively investigated, new tips are still coming in and leads are being investigated. Kelsi and Anna have both said they meet with LE routinely and are updated and that they are constantly working on the case.

Definition of cold case

: an unsolved criminal investigation (as of a homicide or abduction) that has stopped being actively pursued because of a lack of evidence

So you believe the case is being actively pursued with new evidence?

I hope you are right!

JBC is so playing coy with that stupid little smirk of his..can't you just see it?

you know I believe people who work with serial killers, sadists , rapists...they know all the "types'
all the games, all the little tells and other behaviors they engage in when cornered, when given extra attention, when they lie.

they have a nose and they know what to look for...there is no news..and it seems as though his attorney is not speaking either..which I find odd.
because they can shut down the media on case all day from the squad house...but
there is no gag order on JBC's attorney...and all of his court days are pushed up into December right now..

so weird..and if they come out tomorrow and say JBC isn't our man..I will walk away ...but not until then...because I do believe he is our man. mOO

LE has not gone around clearing anyone.

The only "poi" I remember LE ever kinda sorta clearing/commenting on, was Daniel Nations, saying he's not someone they care much about. Who else have they commented on?

OK, I haven't found this in a half-hour of web searching, so apologies if this is an old issue. (I did find a link to a FB page but the page was in Japanese.) I was looking at the still photo of BG and wondered: Is he wearing a wristwatch on his right wrist? Or am I seeing something else on that wrist and thinking it is a wristwatch?

I have worn a watch almost every day of my life since LBJ was president, and the only people I've known who wear a watch on their right wrists are left-handed.
UnapologeticallyAspie here.
My husband wears his watch on his right wrist and he’s right handed. I on the other hand, literally on the other hand, wear my watch on my left, and am right handed. Just sayin.

My husband wears his watch on his right wrist and he’s right handed. I on the other hand, literally on the other hand, wear my watch on my left, and am right handed. Just sayin.

I'm finding out that watch-handedness isn't nearly as universal as I thought. After more study, I'm not even so sure that bright thing near his right wrist is a watch. Thanks!

yeah but when they said that we knew it wasn't DN, right? mOO
Many people were still on the DN possibility bandwagon until Carter said that in response to a reporters question. They did not come out and clear him or anyone else that I can remember. So not clearing JBC is with the grain. (IMO)

UnapologeticallyAspie here.

I am right-handed.
When I wore my watch, I’d wear it on my L hand most of the time, or on my R hand when I would wear a bracelet (on my L hand), or just in my purse whenever I’d have a two-bracelet day.

I think many of us when sleuthing poi's in this case really noticed the "everyone is connected" thing and have felt that would play a role when this case is solved. Many of us focused on the drug connections, criminals, RSO's, etc... that's human nature to do, it's always the bad guy that can be picked out, right?

LE has flat out told us the answer will be a shock to the community.
IMO LE has said what they can to prepare for the heartache.
I believe BG's connections will also be shocking. :oops:
Imagine if his family members are LE, community leaders, coaches, etc...

Here's the thing. Statements by LE as presented above imply that LE knows who murdered the girls. Yet here we are 4 1/2 years after their murder, and there is no arrest. That is way too much time to let a murderer walk around free. Something is wrong. And what is going to change in the future? They are going to wait until they get that "one tip" that will allow them to arrest the murderer, who they already have identified?

If they know who did it, do a full-court press on them. Follow the guy 24/7. Give them no peace. Interview the neighbors, the co-workers, the family, again and again. Stress the outstanding reward. Search his past--their pasts. Search internet usage. Find something to arrest him for--guarantee a guy like this is a lawbreaker. Put him in jail and plant undercover inmates in his cell. Do what it takes to put this evil person away for the rest of their life. Do something beside wait for that one tip that will let them solve the case! My opinion only.

Last edited:
I think the "one tip away" thing is just standard..but the thing is it doesn't really mean anything.

in other words if they know who did it they just need someone to place him near the crime....so essentially they could ask if anyone saw their suspect in the vicinity of the park ..on that fateful day.

mOO

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the town is going to be shocked when an arrest is made. That statement was made based on an FBI profile only in my opinion, and I think that profile is way off. Like the first sketch, it just skewed everything in the wrong direction.
If people in and around Delphi knew this not-yet-arrested killer well enough to be shocked when he’s arrested, dozens of them would have already recognized him and called him in by now.

I agree. The press conference is about the press and the public . I never took the "made for tv" press conference that seriously.

BG's clothing that morning tricked people into a different perception..TOTALLY.

that has been the prob all along...as Starry says.

Don't forget the eye witness..she could clear up a thing or two.

added: they could do a photo lineup , all with the same headgear photoshopped on. ...and she can pick...right?

mOO

I think many of us when sleuthing poi's in this case really noticed the "everyone is connected" thing and have felt that would play a role when this case is solved. Many of us focused on the drug connections, criminals, RSO's, etc... that's human nature to do, it's always the bad guy that can be picked out, right?

Here's the thing. Statements by LE as presented above imply that LE knows who murdered the girls. Yet here we are 4 1/2 years after their murder, and there is no arrest. That is way too much time to let a murderer walk around free. Something is wrong. And what is going to change in the future? They are going to wait until they get that "one tip" that will allow them to arrest the murderer, who they already have identified?

If they know who did it, do a full-court press on them. Follow the guy 24/7. Give them no peace. Interview the neighbors, the co-workers, the family, again and again. Stress the outstanding reward. Search his past--their pasts. Search internet usage. Find something to arrest him for--guarantee a guy like this is a lawbreaker. Put him in jail and plant undercover inmates in his cell. Do what it takes to put this evil person away for the rest of their life. Do something beside wait for that one tip that will let them solve the case! My opinion only.

Moreover, if they know and wait, the witnesses might die. Merely of old age, for example. Me, I don't believe that they have a clue.

It so so frustrating isn't it!!
I started substituting the word hold out for "tip" in LE's plea. And to me it makes more sense.
All we need is that one hold out to come forward.
We are one hold out away from solving this.
If an alibi is holding out and is steadfast that they were with who LE thinks BG is...they are s.o.l.

I agree. The press conference is about the press and the public . I never took the "made for tv" press conference that seriously.

added: they could do a photo lineup , all with the same headgear photoshopped on. ...and she can pick...right?

mOO
Let's say the eye witness can absolutely pick out who it was she saw. If who she saw places themselves there anyway it clears up nothing. If he says oh yeah yep I was there, they still have to prove he is the killer.

mOO

I forgot the eye witness? What eye witness?

70% of wrongful convictions are based on eye witness reports and in the Delphi case unless I’ve missed something huge, nobody witnessed the murders occurring. I understand that we want this case closed but I’m sure everyone wants the right guy convicted with reliable evidence.

Mistaken identity

Let's say the eye witness can absolutely pick out who it was she saw. If who she saw places themselves there anyway it clears up nothing. If he says oh yeah yep I was there, they still have to prove he is the killer.

Right, someone identified in or around the trails that day who did not come forward is not enough evidence to prove that person committed double murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74