Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Georgia8

Georgia8 Active Member

Thanks for letting me know.

MollyDDD, mom2chloe and watcher9 like this.

2. Georgia8

Georgia8 Active Member

Thanks for letting me know.
    Exactly.

MollyDDD and watcher9 like this.
  3. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

And let us bet (not): BG is an "immigrated" Hoosier. IMO

Marzipan and AC4RD like this.
  4. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

This.

ETA: If BG has it with numbers/calendar, he as a nerd (??) might have it with history or poetry as well, even in an intense way. He might play history games/view history movies, and he might be the author of poems. He could be oriented and talented in many ways, even if not assumed by us.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021 at 8:13 AM
    watcher9 likes this.
  5. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

Dude, what?

Even though it frustrates me I can really understand why in some cases police release disinformation.

6. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

I don’t know why, but I always felt the bodies were left in a humiliating manner, in terms of pose or similar.

I can certainly imagine some planning, particularly in terms of the scene, the items left etc, but struggle with the notion of a specific planned meeting. If Libby and Abby believed they were meeting someone, presumably a boy, I think their behaviour would have shown some indication in terms of excitement, extra grooming etc. Even if not noticeable at the time, I’m fairly sure it would have been in hindsight.

Admittedly, the police could have asked the families not to mention this, but I know when I was their ages, boys were very exciting and neither my friends nor I would have met up with a boy without trying very hard with our appearance, whether we liked them or not.

JMO MOO

7. AC4RD

AC4RD Well-Known Member

I see I got your last name wrong--9, not 8, sorry. :) But I agree--they look more like shadows to me (JMO) and i suspect that someone wandering around the trails with big gaping holes in jeans is more likely to be remembered than someone with non-torn pants, especially with everything else he was wearing. So I don't think BG would have added to the risk by wearing such noticeable jeans. Moo.

8. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

Very early on, based on the pic of Abby, I wondered if there was a plan to meet a boy out there.

The scenario that I imagine now, though, does not allow that to be the case.

Nuff said, and MOO.

9. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper Active Member

I keep coming back to there wasn't any school that day. Have they investigated teachers or coaches (hence the word "guys"). Hiding in plain sight.

10. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

When Indiana schools are out for scheduled unused snow days, teachers generally report to school as usual.

watcher9, CrimeAway, wary and 5 others like this.
  11. Georgia8

Georgia8 Active Member

1. That's interesting can you make clear what you mean by the pic of Abby? ( I want to be sure I know what you mean but perhaps she is a bit more 'put together' than Libby? ) I am male and I find the insight of women on this part of the topic very very useful.

2. That's interesting about teachers having to work on 'snow' days - it might be easier to take off that day though - so that would be very interesting to investigate. No doubt all of that has been done though.

3. Since we have so little information we are all conjecturing a bit at times. So as many hae thought what is really strange is not so much the bridge location which after all, is a clever capture point, but the eventual crime scene site. My hunch is that it is of some psychological and historical importance to the perpetrator. Say an early make out point in their lives or a romantic spot. Symbolic in some way. He wants to get them THERE. IMO and as I say, conjecture.

4. It is useful to separate out the two girls. Libby seems to have the more dominant personality (?) and I notice we tend to focus a bit more on her. But if the earlier poster is right and if I am understanding them, that Abby is dressed in a way more likely to meet someone then it would be important to separate them out and try, say, just focusing on Abby. Or of course Libby.

12. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

I agree. When you look simply at the facts, two young girls their age who were interested in boys, and on social media and had a day off from school, wouldn’t want to meet up with the guy she, or they have been Snap chatting with.
    And BG, being a sick purveyor of young, innocent girls would have planned with them to “meet”. Obviously, he had other plans then just meeting. I know I cannot reveal what I’ve read on other unauthorized sites, but I’m sure others here have. He was careful not to leave identifiable evidence but he certainly made left his mark. IMO

watcher9, Zabble, wdmcmahan and 3 others like this.
  13. MollyDDD

Correction: “would”.

14. MollyDDD

Yes, was there a janitor, lunchroom aide, teacher, assistant, who would have known that school was out early? Did they ever chat with either girl? I have to believe that LE has already looked into those possibilities though

watcher9 and JnRyan like this.
  15. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

To be honest I’m surprised that it has taken this long to happen I thought it would have happened already. It also surprises me that the girl’s families continue to be supportive of how the investigation is being handled given it is approaching the five year anniversary and nobody has been charged. I imagine a lot of families would have lost patience and become extremely frustrated that nobody has been arrested yet and making it publicly known in interviews by now. It is good that has not happened because when it does I think it can create a distraction from finding the perpetrator.

I do not blaming law enforcement for the fact an arrest has not been made and I am not being critical of them in any way. I am sure there is nothing they want more than to finally be able to say: “we got him”. This is clearly a very complex and difficult case. I can’t imagine the amount of stress and pressure they must feel. We do not know all the information that law enforcement does and we do not know what is happening with the investigation. They would not be leasing that new office space for the investigation if they weren’t going to be using or needing it.

I have always had a great deal of admiration for Abigail and Liberty’s families for how they have been able to keep going after suffering a harrowing unimaginable tragedy in their lives. It is incredible that they have been able to keep going each day, appeal on tv for information and do interviews to find the monster who did this and hand out leaflets at events, open a ball park and do the fundraising for it to honour the girls memories.

In 2019 it was announced that Liberty’s Grandma was battling cancer, I hope she has finished her treatment for it and it has been successful. I am sure the girls would be extremely proud of their families. The girls families and all the law enforcement working on the investigation continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

16. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if it was someone at their school for 2 reasons:
    1. Abby and Libby didn't seem to recognise them
    2. I'm sure Police have asked members of staff at the school if they have any idea who it is in the video, I know it's not the greatest video but it's good enough surely for "That looks a bit like X"
    I do agree that it would be a big conincidence that he is there, on a weekday when school would otherwise be in, kitted and attacking victims of that age.

That being said, I can think of many ways someone would be aware of it without working in the education system, anyone with children themselves, someone who has a colleague who isn't going to be in that day because they're taking care of their children, or has a family member or friend with children who mentioned it in a conversation could all make someone aware of it.

watcher9, wary, FromGermany1 and 3 others like this.
  17. I wonder

I don’t think BG lived or worked in Delphi at the time of the murders and I don’t think he does now. If there is a link to him and Delphi I think it’s tenuous and historical.

Delphi is a small place. Everyone will have been looking at everyone differently. There’s not many secrets in small rural areas. Add this to the fact that BG had/has to continue to behave ‘normally’, when in Delphi it no doubt feels in many ways that the murder was yesterday and the pain and repercussions remain very raw.

He isn’t there.

MOO JMO

18. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I wanted to throw in one more idea. The guy’s words…were we absolutely told that they were taped by Libby after the BG came up to them? Or is it someone’s reconstruction?

I am reading detective stories from the rising sun country. In one of them, instructions (on how to get to the place) were sent on tapes . Because now I question everything from the Delphi narrative, especially, the timing of events, I am wondering if it was a message sent to one of the girls. How to get to the meeting place, for example?

A message can be sent in any voice. I have been long wondering if the BG’s voice is indeed the killer’s one.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    watcher9, Zabble, wdmcmahan and 4 others like this.
  19. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

IIRC, there was a billboard located outside the middle school which was used to update the community on their schedule. We were told it announced there would be no school on Friday or Monday. moo

20. I wonder

Sorry? You think the killer and BG are different people and the “Guys, down the hill” recording was, what, an answerphone message?

With all the respect in the world, I think it’s as unlikely as it’s possible to be that your detective stories are the key to solving this case. If I had to choose a fictional detective to be on this case, I’d personally choose Columbo, though Inspector Morse is my personal favourite fictional detective.