Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this from DTH podcast:

LE immediately looks into the girls social media accounts. Anna then discovers Abby has a male friend online that she doesn't know. She didn’t even know that Abby had a FB account because Abby had blocked her, as she'd been forbidden from having an account. The only electronic device Abby had was a Kindle Fire tablet. She got the tablet two months earlier on Christmas, and Anna didn’t know the password. Despite all of this, LE is fairly certain the girls hadn't planned to meet anyone on the trails that day and they didn’t find anything suspicious on SM or on any of the electronics.

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Also this from DTH podcast:

LE immediately looks into the girls social media accounts. Anna then discovers Abby has a male friend online that she doesn't know. She didn’t even know that Abby had a FB account because Abby had blocked her, as she'd been forbidden from having an account. The only electronic device Abby had was a Kindle Fire tablet. She got the tablet two months earlier on Christmas, and Anna didn’t know the password. Despite all of this, LE is fairly certain the girls hadn't planned to meet anyone on the trails that day and they didn’t find anything suspicious on SM or on any of the electronics.

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Not to be critical, but that sentence is written by a reporter. We already know they had to have found something suspicious on SM or there’d have been nothing to warrant the Peru search on Feb 25/17….so my question would be is that maybe only a reporter’s opinion or did LE really say that?

Looking through all of the reporting, the press on a pedophile ring, catfishing, posing as a teen, and polygraph tests were reported Feb + March 2017 and then all of this reporting on these topics stopped and theories changed.

"Sheriffs and state probation officers have questioned registered sex offenders in several north central Indiana counties to determine their whereabouts on the day the girls were murdered and then confirmed those accounts with other interviews or polygraph examinations."
Indiana teens' killer may have met police, prosecutors say

"Speculation is running rife among locals and on social media about the possibility the girls were catfished by somebody posing as a teenager that they met online or whether they were the random victims of a violent stranger."
Fear and paranoia sweep rural town as cops hunt ‘Bogeyman’ who killed teens

Also worth noting Charles Andrew Eldridge was the only other reported suspect outside of Kegan that was posing as a teen to catfish
Indiana man who looks like Delphi suspect is 'weird' and 'violent' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I just wanted to point out that KAK is not necessarily a suspect, nor is JBC, although the court of public opinion looks to be prepared for a dual execution. But if we stick to the facts, let’s not forget it’s any users of the anthony_shots profile whom LE is interested in. LE hasn’t said if a direct link between KAK and Abby or Libby has been found, nor are they asking the public for tips in that regard.

Man behind account investigated in Delphi killings identified | wthr.com

“13News wants to make it clear Kegan Kline has not been named a suspect in the Delphi murders. In Fact, ISP issued the following statement to 13News about Kline:

The Indiana State Police do not confirm or deny anyone who is or is not a suspect in any ongoing investigation. At this time, we are looking for any information about the “anthony_shots” profile and anyone who may have had contact with that profile. The case that you are referring to is a separate child *advertiser censored* case.

How did a supposed catfishin' BG get the girls, guarantee the girls, would be on the bridge? For the entire stated scenario to play out, the girls being on, or over the bridge is imperative. If he were making plans with one of the girls to meet up, would he have said meet me half way across the bridge? Meet me on the other side of the bridge? When I see you in the middle of the bridge I'll come out of hiding? When you post a snapchat photo from the bridge I'll appear? We can meet right on the bridge and take photo's together?

this gave me the idea of maybe the girls didn’t plan on meeting him at all. What if anthony_shots requested a picture of one or both of girls on a bridge with the intention of sharing the details to BG and him knowing which bridge they would go to, then intercepting.

Or maybe neither KK or JBC? It’s easy to believe LE is feeding us information with the very limited number of possibly players we’re aware of and so then we should have the ability to guess how the crime will be solved……but would we even have been talking about the possibility of catfishing or KK even a week ago? No. That to me is an example of how little we know about where the investigation is leading to.

It also makes sense why LE i so hush hush, if there is a whole community of pedos being outed, they don't want them to scurry back to their holes.

It seems interesting that all these are coming to head now, Madeline, Cassidy Rainwater and now this. I think LE might have found a very bad site on the Dark Web or something!

BG is looking down, shuffling along, preposterously nonchalant IMO.

If there were two perpetrators there, might BG have been communicating with the partner? Headset? Eventually closing in on them on the bridge, effectively corralling them, having lured them there under the falsest of pretenses. Two perpetrators with similar, vile predilections but each with his own putrid signature.

If this were Criminal Minds, it would be a corrupt father-son pair.

If this were Criminal Minds, I could turn it off. And Abby and Libby would be alive, free to grow up.

If only.

JMO

Last edited:
Looking through all of the reporting, the press on a pedophile ring, posing as a teen, and polygraph tests were reported Feb + March 2017 and then all of this reporting stopped and theories changed.

"Sheriffs and state probation officers have questioned registered sex offenders in several north central Indiana counties to determine their whereabouts on the day the girls were murdered and then confirmed those accounts with other interviews or polygraph examinations."

"Speculation is running rife among locals and on social media about the possibility the girls were catfished by somebody posing as a teenager that they met online or whether they were the random victims of a violent stranger."
Fear and paranoia sweep rural town as cops hunt ‘Bogeyman’ who killed teens

Also worth noting Charles Andrew Eldridge was posing as a teen to catfish
Indiana man who looks like Delphi suspect is 'weird' and 'violent' | Daily Mail Online

Thinking back, about the time it stopped was when the name of DN surfaced and a homeless stranger-vagabond type person passing through with a preference for camping and bridges rose in popular opinion. JMO

It also makes sense why LE i so hush hush, if there is a whole community of pedos being outed, they don't want them to scurry back to their holes.

It seems interesting that all these are coming to head now, Madeline, Cassidy Rainwater and now this. I think LE might have found a very bad site on the Dark Web or something!

I wonder that too, a sort of cat and mouse game and right now the cat is observing that scurrying going on.

Not to be critical, but that sentence is written by a reporter. We already know they had to have found something suspicious on SM or there’d have been nothing to warrant the Peru search on Feb 25/17….so my question would be is that maybe only a reporter’s opinion or did LE really say that?

I just think LE was telling us what they wanted us to hear back then and the reporters were believing them just like we were.

I just think LE was telling us what they wanted us to hear back then and the reporters were believing them just like we were.

Could be so, at that time the possibility of catfishing seemed to be outrightly rejected by the family as well. Which frankly bothered me, as if to say “good girls don’t get catfished” because that’s just so wrong.

this gave me the idea of maybe the girls didn’t plan on meeting him at all. What if anthony_shots requested a picture of one or both of girls on a bridge with the intention of sharing the details to BG and him knowing which bridge they would go to, then intercepting.

Possibly although LE seems to be quite adamant in the belief the perp had local knowledge and was familiar with the trail and bridge area.

BG is looking down, shuffling along, preposterously nonchalant IMO.... If there were two perpetrators there, might BG have been communicating with the partner? Headset? ...
I agree that there could well have been two offenders, but I wanted if I may to say: I'm not sure "nonchalant" is what I see in his walk. I think someone walking on that bridge pretty much *needs* to be looking down, lest he step between two ties and break a foot bone. That's not an easy walk IMO, and it's a long fall if you go over the side. JMHO.

He might have a headset radio on as well, you bet. But it's like walking in a cow pasture: One must look down or one may step where one doesn't want to. IMO

They did say that and, like you, I based my long held now defunct no-catfishing theory off that, but I think it’s pretty clear they were keeping that info from us.
Looking back I remember LE saying “keep an eye on what your children are doing” and hinting the community was at no risk despite the murders. Later LE mocked online discussions and YouTube recreations saying they were so far off it was comical. None of that made sense then but it does now.
Just my thoughts but I think saying they had found no connection to online stuff and KAK being allowed to be free for so long after being caught with child *advertiser censored* was a LE ploy. They kept an eye on him to see where it might lead them.
I don’t think it led them anywhere really so they ramped things up a bit. In my opinion the two things that changed recently are JBC was arrested and newer software allowed LE deeper access into KAK’s iPhone and others and connections were found.
I am hopeful.

there is no reason to believe this isnt another dead end and is unrelated...remember the two sketches

I just wanted to point out that KAK is not necessarily a suspect, nor is JBC, although the court of public opinion looks to be prepared for a dual execution. But if we stick to the facts, let’s not forget it’s any users of the anthony_shots profile whom LE is interested in. LE hasn’t said if a direct link between KAK and Abby or Libby has been found, nor are they asking the public for tips in that regard.

“13News wants to make it clear Kegan Kline has not been named a suspect in the Delphi murders. In Fact, ISP issued the following statement to 13News about Kline:

The Indiana State Police do not confirm or deny anyone who is or is not a suspect in any ongoing investigation. At this time, we are looking for any information about the “anthony_shots” profile and anyone who may have had contact with that profile. The case that you are referring to is a separate child *advertiser censored* case.

I agree, this is a necessary reminder.

KAK is within a week of his pre-trial hearing, correct? If LE was seeking evidence to use in court against KAK, seems a little too late to put out a public notice for girls who communicated with anthony_shots now, especially considering LE has had this information for years and KAK himself has been locked up for close to a year and a half. LE did not request any information specific to KAK, either. They already know KAK's link to anthony_shots.

This new ask might be something different. Jmo. I'm on board with your previous suggestion that LE might be looking for other IP addresses and users. Like I said before, though, KAK seemed to think he was "*advertiser censored**ed" and had a bag packed even before LE first spoke to him in Feb. 2017. Hopefully there is a connection of some sort, and now that he has court looming in front of him, he might be more willing to talk.

Last edited:
Looking through all of the reporting, the press on a pedophile ring and polygraph tests were reported Feb + March 2017 and then all of this reporting stopped. Interesting headline nonetheless

I agree with his comments. I will add that if we are talking about averages or likelihoods, it’s probably significantly more common to be killed by a child predator than a random person. That’s why I feel like this isn’t a dead end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie