Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #143

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also should be able to definitively say who touched the girls or was within a certain vicinity of the crime scene (each group will know who they were with).
They should be able to get through / discount everyone via a DNA sample but I would have hoped nobody got that near the bodies (other than law enforcement/official folks.
The though of folks idling up checking for pulses other than LE doesn't sit right with me. And if they did they should have provided DNA samples to keep on file so all evidence could be cross referenced / discounted and whatever was left over could be looked at more suspiciously.

I agree, searchers checking for pulses seems very unlikely to me. As it was an organized search, their task would’ve been to locate the girls but they weren’t trained medics responsible for assessing their medical condition. It’s possible they only spotted them from a distance.

There are many reports/stories out there, but LE has never commented on "how" or "by whom" the bodies were found.
Right. They've said they were found by a neighbor who volunteered in the search (taken that from an earlier WS post in the first 24 or so threads as someone there posted a link to where they said that). I think Kelsi has said more about it including them finding the shoe, the deer and the cam and being found because people followed footsteps they noticed. THat is what I've been looking to verify for several hours now.

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found." https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

Link finally found at: Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26
Post #707.

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found." https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

Link finally found at: Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26
Post #707.

Thank you for your dedication! Have footprints been mentioned since? I don't recall.

See — this is a prime example of what frustrates me about how this case has been, and continues to be, handled.

At the April 2019 press conference, Doug Carter introduced the updated audio clip with ”guys” added and prefaced the release by emphasizing the following:

"We're releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind, the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."

Today, he just gives us more of the same doublespeak.

Is it one voice? Is it two?
Welllll… yes, no, maybe so.

We know so much about this guy, and we know you want to know what we know. Maybe one day we’ll tell you, but that day is not today! So, ninny ninny boo boo. We know something you don’t know.

That about sums up how I feel every time they make such bold claims and fail to back them up.
Amazing. The public just maybe - through that ONE tip - the key to solving this. Being clear and concise with the public is essential. This doesn't help.

They also should be able to definitively say who touched the girls or was within a certain vicinity of the crime scene (each group will know who they were with).
They should be able to get through / discount everyone via a DNA sample but I would have hoped nobody got that near the bodies (other than law enforcement/official folks.
The though of folks idling up checking for pulses other than LE doesn't sit right with me. And if they did they should have provided DNA samples to keep on file so all evidence could be cross referenced / discounted and whatever was left over could be looked at more suspiciously.
But Kelsi gave Abby a sweater she had in the car. That could have a bunch of DNA and debris from the car and others on it. Depending on who else touched or wore and when it was last washed or moved around in the car.

Last edited:
Man, it is upsetting to think about but I would be really interested in reading through the tips that came in after the profile was revealed. I just feel like it's so promising - I am burning to know. It's so hard to put the big picture together. there are so many paths to go down.

Man, it is upsetting to think about but I would be really interested in reading through the tips that came in after the profile was revealed. I just feel like it's so promising - I am burning to know. It's so hard to put the big picture together. there are so many paths to go down.
When was a profile ever released? Where? And by whom was it created?

Sorry, my comment was unclear. I meant the anthony shotts fake profile. I'm so interested in what information they gleaned from that.
Thanks for clarifying! I think they learned about a lot of pedophiles preying on kids online. That may or may not relate to the murders but hopefully gets a lot of dirt off the streets for a long time!

There are many reports/stories out there, but LE has never commented on "how" or "by whom" the bodies were found.

Names haven’t been publicly released by LE probably to protect the privacy of the individuals involved and it really serves no purpose in LE seeking tips. We all recall what occurred after the landowner decided to be interviewed, for a time he became SM #1 suspect. Other names have not been released such as who was involved in the sketches and who was on the trails the day including FSG.

Right. They've said they were found by a neighbor who volunteered in the search (taken that from an earlier WS post in the first 24 or so threads as someone there posted a link to where they said that). I think Kelsi has said more about it including them finding the shoe, the deer and the cam and being found because people followed footsteps they noticed. THat is what I've been looking to verify for several hours now.

You might find a link to an youtube interview by GH with BP. I’m sorry I don’t have it but I do recall watching it. She describes the search and body discovery in detail and iirc she knew several people on the search team who for her own sake, prevented her from going to where the bodies were found.

Good luck. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members