Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #147

Status
Not open for further replies.
A and L spent the night before the murders together at L's house. I'm not sure on the date of the slumber party where a_shots account talked to L's friend, but KAK made it sound like it was close to the very beginning of Feb. (based on his "blocked her because she was annoying" comment). My impression was the "grooming" happened over those couple of weeks.

But, yes, my impression is the Galveston girl, who saw the ski mask guy, was also at that same slumber party in early Feb. I could have misread that in the interview, though.

IMO, the Galveston girl is incredibly fortunate she saw ski mask peeper before entering her home alone. I'm really, really curious if L ever gave a_shots her address and if ski mask might ever have peeped in her window...

The interview pertaining to KAK talking to Libby’s friend at a sleepover begins at the bottom of page 125. But there’s no information that I can see that connects it to the girl from Galveston who saw the peeper in the ski mask.

If I’ve missed it, I hope someone might link it. IMO it’s somewhat questionable if the girl from Galveston and Libby even knew one another.

Last edited:
The interview pertaining to KAK talking to Libby’s friend at a sleepover begins at the bottom of page 125. But there’s no information that I can see that connects it to the girl from Galveston who saw the peeper in the ski mask.

If I’ve missed it, I hope someone might link it. IMO it’s somewhat questionable if the girl from Galveston and Libby knew one another.

You're right, there is some question to it because the part of the interview where they talk about it is heavily redacted. Take a look at lines 12-21 on page 154. Earlier in the interview, KAK admits to having known and even lived with the Galveston family in his past, so in that exchange on pg. 154, that's how I interpret that L and the Galveston girl were at the same sleepover, and actually that the sleepover was possibly at the Galveston home. I'm admittedly unsure of this, however, since it's literally reading between the lines. I think the first redaction is possibly [Galveston] and the other redactions are the girl's family name. JMO. Note: I changed names to abbreviations. * I also kind of wonder if this is why KAK was asked about Delphi during the 2/25/17 search/polygraph, since I'm under the impression that search was based off the ski mask incident...

DC: Okay? They're at a sleepover at a [redacted] residence, and that's you know the whole thing with, with (L) when she was speaking to (a_shots), they were at the [redacted] and here we are they're at the [redacted] and this is -

A: Who was at the [redacted]?

DC: The [redacted] the families, the family of the [redacted]-

A: Yeh.

DC: - that, that the fam-the family that (KAK) knows, not -

A: Right.

DC: - (a_shots) knows-

Last edited:
So you’re interpreting it that Libby was friends with the girl from Galveston who made the statement about the peeper in the ski mask and also Libby was at a sleepover at her house? I’d never noticed any mention of a prior direct connection between the two girls.

However it’s well documented only Abby was at a sleepover at Libby’s place the night before the day of the fatal walk at the trail. That had no connection with any girl from Galveston that we know of.
Hi Misty!

KAK seems to have made contact with LG at a different sleep over other than the one that AW attended at the Patty home.
The contact with A_S started prior to the night before and he had met LG through a different friend of LG.

I will see if I can find that in the interrogation of KAK.

Murder Sheet Kegan Kline Redacted Statement.pdf

You're right, there is some question to it because the part of the interview where they talk about it is heavily redacted. Take a look at lines 12-21 on page 154. Earlier in the interview, KAK admits to having known and even lived with the Galveston family in his past, so in that exchange on pg. 154, that's how I interpret that L and the Galveston girl were at the same sleepover, and actually that the sleepover was possibly at the Galveston home. I'm admittedly unsure of this, however, since it's literally reading between the lines. I think the first redaction is possibly [Galveston] and the other redactions are the girl's family name. JMO. Note: I changed names to abbreviations. * I also kind of wonder if this is why KAK was asked about Delphi during the 2/25/17 search/polygraph, since I'm under the impression that search was based off the ski mask incident...

DC: Okay? They're at a sleepover at a [redacted] residence, and that's you know the whole thing with, with (L) when she was speaking to (a_shots), they were at the [redacted] and here we are they're at the [redacted] and this is -

A: Who was at the [redacted]?

DC: The [redacted] the families, the family of the [redacted]-

A: Yeh.

DC: - that, that the fam-the family that (KAK) knows, not -

DC: - (a_shots) knows-

Somewhere in this interview iirc is the suggestion KAK met Libby through instagram. Very confusing!

It’s far less than 6 degrees of consecutiveness if Libby and the girl from Galveston (visited by a peeper) were good friends, and KAK knew that Galveston family as well.

TL4S, Brilliant insights. ..as always
How many girls attended the "slumber party" 2 weeks before the murders? A_S/KAK already knew LG's address, friends, and schedule....IMO. He only "hunted in his geographic area" (one hour driving radius?) and knew the identity of every adult in the home, their work schedules ( the names of the pets, too). A predator wouldn't approach a home where they would be seen or encountered by another adult male. They wouldn't want to encounter a big brother, uncle, father, grandfather, a couple of protective pitbulls. (Or me.) Ergo, meet me on the other side of the bridge? Is this possible, or should I get a bigger eraser for my chalkboard?
Many of the youths contacted by A_S will be adults by the time this ever goes to trial. IF the victim was/is 16 years of age can the parents legally stop them from testifying? Lots of "tough calls" to be made, huh? No more thinking NIMBY. The internet connection is in your home.

How many girls attended the "slumber party" 2 weeks before the murders? A_S/KAK already knew LG's address, friends, and schedule....IMO. He only "hunted in his geographic area" (one hour driving radius?) and knew the identity of every adult in the home, their work schedules ( the names of the pets, too). A predator wouldn't approach a home where they would be seen or encountered by another adult male. They wouldn't want to encounter a big brother, uncle, father, grandfather, a couple of protective pitbulls. (Or me.) Ergo, meet me on the other side of the bridge? Is this possible, or should I get a bigger eraser for my chalkboard?
Many of the youths contacted by A_S will be adults by the time this ever goes to trial. IF the victim was/is 16 years of age can the parents legally stop them from testifying? Lots of "tough calls" to be made, huh? No more thinking NIMBY. The internet connection is in your home.
It's honestly terrifying. I think the user of a_shots was an experienced online predator who knew what he was doing as far as convincing these young girls to participate in secrets. It's deviant in a way that's hard to comprehend or stay on top of. And like you said, it's all around us, even in our own homes.

A and L spent the night before the murders together at L's house. I'm not sure on the date of the slumber party where a_shots account talked to L's friend, but KAK made it sound like it was close to the very beginning of Feb. (based on his "blocked her because she was annoying" comment). My impression was the "grooming" happened over those couple of weeks.

But, yes, my impression is the Galveston girl, who saw the ski mask guy, was also at that same slumber party in early Feb. I could have misread that in the interview, though.

IMO, the Galveston girl is incredibly fortunate she saw ski mask peeper before entering her home alone. I'm really, really curious if L ever gave a_shots her address and if ski mask might ever have peeped in her window...
Two thoughts:

One, how gross is THIS irony: that a GROWN MAN posing as a teen to lure teens into sending photos is ANNOYED by teenage antics. Yeah, sorry, Pal, you don't get to be annoyed. YOU are galactically annoying. Galactically, annoyingly criminally, devoidely disgusting.

(I sense a real immaturity in KAK, like he felt he was really interacting with these girls and that it wasn't because he was manipulating them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn he thought the girls he was communicating with actually liked him. You know, the guy who thinks strippers are dancing specifically and personally for him when the world knows she's doing it for his dollars. My point, I think this was the height of LAK's "relationshipping" -- talking to girls online, nevermind that he had to pretend to be someone else to get attention. Loser.

And two, I think that his little 'annoyed' episode was a page in his grooming playbook. Head games. Manipulate a girl, get her to engage, get her to send naughty pics, keep her talking/typing til she reveals her school, her address, her friends' schools and locations and and and... get her hooked on the attention, flattery, etc.

Then cut her off.

Give her time to get dustressed, fret over what she perceives she did wrong in doing or not doing.

Grooming.

Sign back online. Let her apologize for disappointing you, running you off, etc, etc...

Now ask for more, and she'll likely oblige. That's what grooming does. He might not even ask for anything. He won't have to. She'll beg for a way to show she's sorry, didn't mean it, etc. Insidious.

Doesn't just happen to young teens either. Elderly people fill Dr. Phil's episodes. Catfished but unable/unwilling to see it.

I believe KAK was able to turn the table and get Libby to beg (be eager) for his attention. Sick sick sick skillset.

If there can be a worse, it's this: (as if this case isn't sad enough, horrifying enough) IT'S STILL HAPPENING.

Predators abound. Like sewer rats. It's beginning to feel like Indiana is the epicenter.

JMO

Maybe that is the “twist” spoken of in this case. A double homicide in a small town exposing a child exploitation ring that was state wide or larger?

As well as the possibility LE thought maybe the crimes were recorded somehow, even if it was simply still images, say after the fact. Maybe the killer somehow communicated that, at the scene somehow.

I've been of the opinion since early on that BG was home for supper. @IQuestion , you bring up great points, and I'll try to match up what I think was going through the killer's mind that day, without dwelling too much on the possible connection(s) between LG and KAK via SM.

The killer had to be totally 'on his game' that day, so to speak. One big issue for me that I've dwelled upon is BG/the killer was there on the main trail prior to the girls being dropped off. There were other trail users in the hours leading up to the hour of 1-2PM, some were there mere minutes before the girls were dropped off. Was BG waiting for someone or some people to show up? What about the possibility BG somehow knew of multiple people were planning to be there that day, namely juveniles?

I'm convinced he hung back on the main trail, west of the drop-off point, with a clear line-of-sight of the trail by the drop off point, very clear that time of year. I also believe the girls did see him down the trail going towards Freedom Bridge, say from 100 feet away roughly. All he had to do to confirm they were juveniles was to walk to near where they were dropped off, after they'd started walking towards MHB, to peek over and see no vehicle was sitting there. So two unaccompanied juveniles are now on the trail, and he puts the wheels in motion to carry out his fantasy.

Ergo, meet me on the other side of the bridge?

Yes. Sure, BG could very well be an online predator and voyeur of some sort or another, but to carry out his fantasy he needs to corner his victims. End of MHB offers that possibility. So rather than attack on a street or in a dwelling, he might try to lure to a place and then attack.

It's such an odd case. Very few rural walking trail murders have happened in this part of the Midwest in the last, say, 30 years. I went down that rabbit hole for months, doing research on just that, rural trail murders within say a 3 hour drive of Delphi. So rare that they're not easy to find online. I believe BG lives close enough to know Deer Creek (which rises near Kokomo), and the MHB, but far enough away nobody would have recognized him that day. Which puts a number of small cities and towns within a short drive of the MHB.

JMO

Two thoughts:

One, how gross is THIS irony: that a GROWN MAN posing as a teen to lure teens into sending photos is ANNOYED by teenage antics. Yeah, sorry, Pal, you don't get to be annoyed. YOU are galactically annoying. Galactically, annoyingly criminally, devoidely disgusting.

(I sense a real immaturity in KAK, like he felt he was really interacting with these girls and that it wasn't because he was manipulating them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn he thought the girls he was communicating with actually liked him. You know, the guy who thinks strippers are dancing specifically and personally for him when the world knows she's doing it for his dollars. My point, I think this was the height of LAK's "relationshipping" -- talking to girls online, nevermind that he had to pretend to be someone else to get attention. Loser.

And two, I think that his little 'annoyed' episode was a page in his grooming playbook. Head games. Manipulate a girl, get her to engage, get her to send naughty pics, keep her talking/typing til she reveals her school, her address, her friends' schools and locations and and and... get her hooked on the attention, flattery, etc.

Then cut her off.

Give her time to get dustressed, fret over what she perceives she did wrong in doing or not doing.

Grooming.

Sign back online. Let her apologize for disappointing you, running you off, etc, etc...

Now ask for more, and she'll likely oblige. That's what grooming does. He might not even ask for anything. He won't have to. She'll beg for a way to show she's sorry, didn't mean it, etc. Insidious.

Doesn't just happen to young teens either. Elderly people fill Dr. Phil's episodes. Catfished but unable/unwilling to see it.

I believe KAK was able to turn the table and get Libby to beg (be eager) for his attention. Sick sick sick skillset.

If there can be a worse, it's this: (as if this case isn't sad enough, horrifying enough) IT'S STILL HAPPENING.

Predators abound. Like sewer rats. It's beginning to feel like Indiana is the epicenter.

JMO

Could be. With a fake persona, just sick and manipulative.

It's like KAK existed in this weird fantasy world of his own making, prior to being picked up.

JMO

Two thoughts:

Then cut her off.

Grooming.

JMO
With their very first slinky photo, which they sent to KAK, the girls (all the girls) were caught in a trap and KAK had the upper hand from then on. Surely the teenage girls didn't think about it beforehand; they just found it funny and exciting as I can imagine. If KAK didn't know names, he wanted to learn of, he only had to ask other victims. Because there is always competition among a crowd of girls, I think, they gladly have betrayed each other one time or another. IMO

To my knowledge, Snapchat will not allow two devices to be logged into the same account at the same time. <modsnip: Screenshot of random individual's social media is not allowed>

Contrast this to some social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, where it is very common (in fact, I'd say, usual) to have both smartphone and laptop, for example, logged in and active on the same account at the same time.
Thank you so much for this information!

Last edited by a moderator:
You make a point I,noticed as well. KAK’s interview is filled with references to Libby and he admittedly talked to “her friend” the night of the sleepover yet Abby is never directly mentioned at all.
I always assumed it was the friend that "introduced" LG to anthony_shots.You'te right though, we don't know what friend it actually was but we do know Abby was at LIbby's house on sleepover the night previous to the murders.

BUT maybe that wasn't KAK who approached the Galveston girl's house...if anthony_shots was a shared account.

My memory is that at the slumber party the night before murders, A_S talked to the friend who later came home on schoolbus to see someone peeping in her window. (No initials for her?) Not Abby W. As always, I may be incorrect or misreading question...
That's my recollection, too. But I could be wrong; I am frequently.

I'm having a hard time understanding how KAK was charged with his offenses. He has 6 in 2016, 2 of which are for identity deception: 05/14/2016 and 07/14/2016. If he used the a_shots account throughout all of his crime spree, why didn't they charge him on those dates, too. It was during this time period that he also solicited a child for sexual intercourse, 05/14/2016 . Those are the only times he has charges for identity deception and solicitation.

The other thing I see is the date of his last charge, 05/14/2020, is exactly 4 years from the date of his first one. What are the chances?

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time understanding how KAK was charged with his offenses. He has 6 in 2016, 2 of which are for identity deception: 05/14/2016 and 07/14/2016. If he used the a_shots account throughout all of his crime spree, why didn't they charge him on those dates, too. It was during this time period that he also solicited a child for sexual intercourse, 05/14/2016 . Those are the only times he has charges for identity deception and solicitation.

The other thing I see is the date of his last charge, 05/14/2020, is exactly 4 years from the date of his first one. What are the chances?
I've wondered if that was a misprint date? Could that happen? Anyway, I agree, these charges all seem to correlate to emilyanne. But the aggravated charges are a_shots timeframe. I think? Or was he still using emilyanne?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members