Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

I don’t remember seeing a home nearby what I saw in the video but that’s very possible. It’s been a loooong time since I’ve seen that video.

Yellow Rose likes this.
  2. kidetect22

kidetect22 Well-Known Member

Majority of us feel that way and are hoping for that !!! This case consumed my life for the first year ... it was all I read and researched about !!! I want nothing more than justice. I know carter feels like the same! He will never stop fighting for Abby and Libby!

3. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

I hope you’re right.

Tippy Lynn likes this.
  4. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

upload_2019-4-23_9-30-46.png

From this sketch I get the impression of a killer in his mid to late twenties.

HayLouise, 8paws, buggiegirl and 9 others like this.
  5. midwestseeker

midwestseeker Well-Known Member

I now understand why the family left angry. I would likely have been in handcuffs. How could you go for two years and let people chase a ghost. If you had multiple sketches from multiple witnesses, the prudent thing to do would be to release them all and give folks the ability to explain their presence at the trail that day or be turned in for possible involvement. TWO YEARS!!!! What if he had killed again in that timeframe (and maybe he has)? Someone should lose their job over this. IMHO

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I remember an article from the DM pictured a shed on the property the bodies were found on. I don't remember a shack, though. Imo

cody22, sunsetbeach and carbuff like this.
  7. Swayze

Swayze Active Member

I thought maybe the way the media was all using the specific phrase "New Direction" could also be a clue to rattle the suspect. It sounded like it could be the name of a church or ministry or rehab, etc. I couldn't find anything called that in the area though.

Also, there is a place called the "Smoke Shack" in Delphi, looks like a restaurant or something. Again, just throwing random stuff out there to share. Not saying there's any connections.

8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, he definitely looks young. It's hard to tell from a sketch, but he doesn't look older than 30. Imo

sunsetbeach, Yellow Rose and j_in_c like this.
  9. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen a suspect profile in this case. Maybe one was done recently and that’s where some of the comments made at the presser were coming from.

10. Kadoober

Kadoober McSassmouth

HayLouise, dansbia, 8paws and 33 others like this.
  11. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Thank you, very helpful.
    so does LE speculate that the girls were somehow coerced or
    forced to go "down the hill" to where they were found?
    were they tied up when found?

MsBetsy likes this.
  12. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Southern Sleuther

“Guys...” is the new clothing/puppy discussion. I know everything is relevant, but we are hanging up on a colloquialism.

JBmom, LadyL, mommylicious and 11 others like this.
  13. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Two thoughts on timing of the presser and advance notice. Some people are known to travel home for an Easter weekend. Easter brings family together. Advance notice put the case on everyone’s minds. Not only might a local perp temporarily living away from home possibly be visiting still on Monday, but after having spent a weekend with family, others may have suddenly had puzzle pieces drop into place by Monday’s announcement. So you have two effects here - 1 - possibly bringing a perp home and 2- shocking family of perp into suddenly seeing something they missed before.

14. holtzmann

holtzmann Well-Known Member

Remember too that LE says the man may look younger than he actually is. New sketch could absolutely be of someone in their 30s.

15. kidetect22

kidetect22 Well-Known Member

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Everything we know is here! You will see a video of the killer along with audio telling the girls “down the hill”... Libby was smart enough to take pictures and video of her killer!!!

16. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

I share a lot of your same thoughts and questions.

An area I'd like to elaborate on is the car, because it has been brought up in multiple posts. At first I also thought it was strange that LE didn't give specifics about its make, colour or model but after mulling it over for a while I'm thinking it was a calculated choice so they would avoid getting a barrage of useless tips. Lets say for example they cited it as a 'white truck', then they'd likely be getting tips about everyone in town who owns a white truck. I'm thinking it was probably the only vehicle parked in that lot on Feb 13th during the hours of 12-5pm (since the building was abandoned you wouldn't expect any vehicles in the lot, so it would stand out as suspicious). As a witness passing/driving by, you either saw a vehicle there or you didn't, it doesn't really matter the make, model, or colour. Also, LE specifically asks for information about the 'identity of the driver of the car parked....' not tips about the vehicle.

17. drama_farmer

drama_farmer "It's never just a mannequin"

I'm not looking forward to the months ahead of various mug shots being compared to the "new" sketch.

18. Kadoober

Kadoober McSassmouth

The 'guys' thing is rough.
    On the one hand, I'd hate to see it take over the thread.

On the other - LE released additional audio where the ONLY thing new is the word 'guys'. I am guessing that it's in the hope that someone who knows this a-hole recognizes his voice, but even so, it's hard not to focus on that.

My two cents - I use 'guys' a lot, but it's typically with people I am familiar with, at the least.

19. Swayze

Swayze Active Member

Did you use the example of "white truck" because of the WRTV b-roll footage of the search? Right at the beginning of that it looks to me like there's a white truck parked in what appears to be the area, but I'm not 100% sure...Here's the clip:

EDIT: Nevermind, I think this truck they show is across the street.

20. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Southern Sleuther

Very interesting angle, but I believe that Sgt. Carter’s emotions more allude to this crime having been a betrayal of trust. And few of us trust the media to begin with — and I’m not making light of this horror.

I still hold that this is a person in a position of some authority, and that authority can represent many walks of life.

Anirtak, MJPeony, Aqua and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.