Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbbd4u

bbbd4u Verified SAR/Emergency Management

Since we know the "new" sketch isn't really new I wonder if the they came up with the "old or secondary" sketch based on the new one released. I made this earlier stacking the images before I found out the new one wasn't really new!

Attached Files:

MizStery, Carja7, Confusion and 57 others like this.
  2. CarolynV

CarolynV Active Member

I usually do not watch the pressers, I just read the thread and follow along and let you guys break it down, but I watched this one and it is very powerful. I think they do have something.

8paws, Carja7, Nemellotus and 29 others like this.
  3. Jsizzle

Jsizzle Active Member

They’ve never said how they were killed?

4. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

Yeah... so odd. The impression was that it was something new, right?

So this makes me think, IMO, that today was really and truly a set up for LE to communicate directly with BG. It sure doesn't seem as if it was to release "new" info anyway. Seemed like mostly an opportunity for Doug Carter to talk to BG with some fluff thrown in to satisfy the rest of us. I mean, I'm ok with that if it works...

But why now? So confusing. I trust they know what they are doing but I'm sure baffled. Why now?

8paws, Carja7, Laughing and 23 others like this.
  5. Salt_

Salt_ Well-Known Member

I think this is what they know he looks like now, vs. when the initial sketch was released. I believe they know who he is and they are trying to lure him out. The eyes and eyebrows of the sketches have not changed, I truly think it's the same person. By saying he may appear younger than his actual age, to me means shaving his face & styling his hair. MOO

Carja7, Amonet, Laughing and 30 others like this.
  6. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

The Shack movie reference is so odd. Seems very targeted. Like part of a “Come to Jesus” sermon.

HayLouise, Carja7, Laughing and 28 others like this.
  7. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Nope. They want to protect the integrity of the investigation, as it’s a powerful way to rule out false confessions.

It’s pretty amazing that they’ve been successful to that end, although there are rumors out there.

Carja7, Amonet, Mo Thuairim and 31 others like this.
  8. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

When I watch the video of him walking, I feel like the gait issue may be some sort of concealed weapon. I can't see the video without it pixelating a bit though. I hope the people in this area come forward with a name soon.

Carja7, Laughing, watcher9 and 11 others like this.
  9. Salt_

Salt_ Well-Known Member

We also have to remember that Libby started recording for a reason. Something was off to her, this wasn't some friend they happened to run into in the woods. She knew something was wrong, and because of her quick thinking she is bringing justice from her grave.

MOO

magnolia7985, 8paws, Carja7 and 64 others like this.
  10. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

I use it all the time. I'm originally from the Chicago area and 60.

11. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

It still is.

rsd1200, Confusion, watcher9 and 5 others like this.
  12. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I feel the same way, like a teacher taking them to see the principal.
    Of course I’m curious if he’s killed before, afraid if not nabbed he will again, since he seems to enjoy the cat & mouse aspect, according to LE.

13. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Quick take:

- audio: not much difference.
    - video: not much added help, considering it's so brief and BG's stepping over gaps in the planks.
    - abandoned car: really? who's going to remember a car after 2+ years (and no description of it)?
    - connection to Delphi: logical deduction from day one, since BG likely had to be familiar with the bridge and the terrain around the bridge (and how to isolate a victim at one end).
    - sketch: if they really believed this sketch had value, they would've released it long ago. The original sketch looks more like the man in the video than this one does.
    - emotional PC: "sound and fury, signifying nothing" -- other than that LE is getting frustrated.

Hope I'm wrong. :(

ZionNaP, 8paws, rsd1200 and 28 others like this.
  14. Mountain Misst

Mountain Misst FA in Aus.

Thanks. Did you use the term 'guys' to include females prior to 1980?
    I probably would have been better served to refer to adult males using the term 'guys' for young females - rather than us enlightened modern chickidees,

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Subiechik21 and dotr like this.
  15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

rbbm
    Delphi, Indiana murders: Police release new video, sketch and audio of suspect in killings of Abigail Williams, Liberty German
    The new sketch looks much different than the man in the original sketch, which was circulated nationwide.

"During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today, the result of the new information and intelligence over time," said Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter."

Supt. Carter said to watch the mannerisms of the person in the video walking on a former railroad bridge in the video. The suspect is not walking naturally because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge and the spacing between the ties, Carter said.

Police believe the suspect is between the ages of 18-40 and may appear younger than his true age. Police believe he has strong community ties.

"We also believe this person is from Delphi currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age," Carter said.

Supt. Carter also said police are searching for anyone with information on a vehicle that was abandoned at CPS DCS Welfare on east County Road 300 between noon and 5 p.m. on February 13, 2017."

MizStery, rsd1200, Laughing and 15 others like this.
  16. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

I have three daughters. I use it for both sexes. Bad habit.

17. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I think it means LE aren't sure about the age, and don't want to rule anyone out by being specific. An 18 year old today would have been 16.

18. Salt_

Salt_ Well-Known Member

Same here, use it all the time. From WI, 30 years old and use it for men and woman. Just a habit.

Carja7, rsd1200, Confusion and 19 others like this.
  19. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I always use the term guys to include either/and females and males.
    I'm an Aussie.
    "See you guys", when leaving a group of female friends.

Used before and after 1980s.

ZionNaP, dansbia, Carja7 and 24 others like this.
  20. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact they sat on this sketch for 2+ years. This is just bizarre, to me.

The "guys" sounds to me like a male maybe 20-30 years of age or so. Much younger than I thought all along, and yes this takes this weird case in a new direction!

Theory of mine: They built up the suspense over a holiday/religious weekend, where families are getting together and what have you. Then the sketch was released yesterday, so that image might become "hey I saw (fill in the blank) over the weekend, wow that looks like that sketch!".

I'm with Sgt. Carter, I believe the sketch will take BG by surprise.

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.