Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.
Can you imagine???
Why are we looking at this?
I would like more discussion about that comment too. When he said "How you left them is NOT what they are experiencing today"..Lets unpack that comment..Since the general public has no idea how they were left, does this imply that they were posed in some kind of way?
Also, regarding the audio clip they released - I'm fairly certain that they have digitally removed or distorted something between the "Guys" and the "Down the hill"... This makes me think that the "Guys" was said at a different time than the "Down the Hill", but they wanted to present them together for the sake of comparison. MOO.
My thoughts on all this (some of them are deviating drastically from the conversation thus far):
- "Guys" is not important. It is probably not even part of the same sentence based on edited pause between that word and "down the hill". I believe this was released to add to the "something new" part of the presser.
- The new sketch is kinda interesting. The reason to not release something early on in the investigation is because it has value to the investigators to build a case. Other reasons are usually because a) the person was identified and had an alibi or b) there is no reason to release it because you know who that person is so you're not looking for tips from the public.
- The movie reference is also interesting. Many theories have been thrown around already which range from it being just a reference to an appeal to BG. Yet, it can also be a way for LE and BG to communicate. I offer that perhaps BG has already communicated with the police and said something to the effect or "I want to turn myself in but it needs to be on my terms. If you agree then somehow reference this movie in the media." Then the reference is a "message received" and opens further the lines of communication between the suspect and LE. Several times this has happened before going all the way back to the Zodiac and cooperation between the press and LE has been well documented.
- The presser was scripted. Carter never deviates from the script even with so much emotion coming forward. While this might be a way to talk directly to BG by a profiler it might also be as innocent as Carter needing that to avoid becoming an emotional mess. I once had to speak publicly a few weeks after I had lost two important people in my life. I had to write everything out because I knew I would be (and I was) crying my eyes out. So while a scripted presser is interesting from the POV of you need to stick only to certain facts and not give out anything else (hence, not answering any questions afterwards) it could just be Carter just needing that as a crutch to get through this.
- The video is of little value in terms of mannerisms simply because we see a man walking carefully across a bridge. The video would be interesting if someone was walking carefree or full on sprinting on this bridge. The only thing that I found interesting was the last half a second when he changes direction towards the girls. I believe that the video and the audio has captured the murder and anything, beyond those very small shots made public, is simply too graphic to release.
- The car is much more important, perhaps the most important clue of the entire presser. A local would know the building was empty therefore nobody snooping around and no cameras. Also, other locals knowing the building being empty too, would surely find a car parked there peculiar. In my mind, they have a witness who mentioned it. Now they are asking to see if anyone else noticed it and thought it was weird as well. If people saw it span an hour or two there then it's more than simply someone pulling over to take a leak.
- Why the presser now, even with no significant updates? Simply put, there is a lot of pressure on the police to get results. A murder of this magnitude unsolved for over two years is really bad and scars the detectives working the case. LE is one of the most difficult jobs to not take home with you. Sometimes you need to shake the tree.
- Overall observations: The press conference told me that the police believe that the suspect is local to the area, the crime was sexually motivated (I got a very strong vibe that the bodies of the girls were found either completely or partially undressed), and the police is frustrated not being able to build a case against him. Just like with other cases, as long as enough people can connect the dots then the DA can finally say there is enough there for an arrest warrant. Hopefully we'll see justice prevail soon.
Again, all the above are MOO.
Ive always thought its highly likely that if they do have DNA, that its likely only from the general area of the trails and as such could be easily explained away. moo
Ive never been of the opinion that they have DNA from the actual crime scene, if this was the case I believe the investigation would have moved forward much quicker. Parabon snapshot, genealogy, even codis etc. It takes time to do these things, but I believe they would have had results back a while ago.
Just my opinion - while standing still, yes, but while walking, no. Especially if you are walking on precarious turf.
I thought he meant the book the shack and the movie the shack.
I wonder if they might have found something in one of those sheds that they finally tied to someone. Not Ron, but maybe someone who had been in the shed or had been sleeping there.
I have read carrol county indiana facebook. Religion is a theme. So shack and etc maybe nothing more than his faith. At 14 i think they knew guy in some peripheral way. Or why would they film him.. A stranger would get pissed at being filmed so think it was someone they know. At 14 i would have to know them to do as they say.
True. But that also would be the case if they didn’t show the 2nd picture because they thought it was someone who had a reason to be there as some have speculated.
If someone reports seeing a person who’s already come forward as a witness — I could see LE putting that tip on the bottom of the pile.
Lots of people are speculating LE knows who it is now, but need more evidence to prove it. Just sayin’ .....
Or, the girls did know him, and recorded because they had a bad feeling. Girls that age talk about how people make them feel, who the creeps are (even if they’re superficially “nice”), and who just weirds them out for whatever reason. I hear it from my daughter and her friends. Maybe him being there was not normal, and they just had a bad feeling about it. Not sure why they didn’t say his name, but she could have thought the video was good enough and didn’t need to.
It is in response to the discussion on the Shack release date and UMC movie night as to what movie was scheduled for movie night.
Interesting theory. Hadn't thought of that. It seemed so totally random to mention that movie/book.
Just my gut feeling from watching the presser. To me, the new direction is LE is focusing their direction towards HIM. Letting BG know they are focusing in on him. The new sketch could resemble BG much better than the first one, and BG would notice this. Possibly BG got comfortable 'helping' find the perp, he was one of the good guys. That appears to have changed.
Suspecting a person is not enough to charge that person. However if the public now changes their direction, such as hey BG could be someone "we" know, right here doing business in town it could bring in more information to build a case.
The only way to get my point across is to give a generic example. Years ago kids were abused by clergy, however due to the respect and position of power these religious persons had, most kids kept silent about it until others stated coming out regarding their abuse. Now, with the new direction, possibly people will open up and feel more free to discuss things, where before they felt no one would take them seriously because this 'bad guy' was so respected.
Honestly having trouble getting my point across because there is someone that has my interest, however I'd not want to tarnish a person's reputation wrongly. However, the presser lead me to a person I found interesting, and if I had past 'issues' with this said person I would be calling Delphi. Hope I'm getting my point across properly.
"For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears, but we have."
I think the "new" sketch they released is of a son, hence the similarities in the eyes and mouth, even the one eyebrow hasn't changed, and the nose is similar enough, just thinner. But also explains the obvious lack of facial hair, and younger appearance, and that the hair is curly in the new sketch, and straight in the original. They said the first one becomes secondary to this "new" one, and that was a key statement, not that it is replaced or updated or improved, and that IMO is the switching gears they were talking about. They are telling the perp that he may have thought they didn't know about the younger person's presence because they were so focused on the older person in the actual video they have, but they always had this witness and sketch who gave away the presence of another perp and now they are focusing on finding him first instead, knowing it just takes finding one to lead to the other.
You are not alone in this thought.
To me It just implies what he stated, brutally murdered.
Originally, so did I. I also didn't think much of the religious context of what he said beyond what any typical God fearing person might say in reference to someone so evil. But I listened to the PC again this morning and he says he recently watched a movie called The Shack, and there's a book that talks about evil, etc. etc. I guess it can be taken both ways, but the words he specifically used after this are words from the Bible. JMO
We know there were other people on the trails that day. I don't recall whether or not any of them said they saw the girls but at least one, possibly more said they saw a man we are calling BG. Whatever info LE has about these sightings and locations hasn't been released to the public. There was at least one classmate/friend of the girls there- her words are documented in early threads. So why did BG kill Abby and Libby that day? He'd been seen by at least one person, probably before the murders. The "new" photo isn't new at all- it was made in the early days of the investigation.
LE have been quoted as saying "they know that voice". Could it be because BG came forward early on as a witness and gave a false description?
I’m curious if there is more audio that has not been released? Thoughts?