Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that the killer has communicated with LE and this is their response to him is very interesting to me. I assumed they were talking to him, but never in the context of the press conference as a "response" to the killer. This is a very interesting, and quite possibly accurate assessment IMO.

Wow, it never even entered my mind that BG may be taunting Police, and this was their response. That's chilling af. It would also explain the utter anguish the Officer appeared to be in the whole time. I honestly hope that's not the case.

Apologies for banging on about the use of the term us - 'guys, down the hill'.
I can't get my head around a sexual predator using the cross-gender term of 'guys' to his potential female victims. If he's a sexual predator, imo he'd be fixated on the endgame, not being Joe-cool. Imo, he would be much more likely to use a female tag - eg 'girls'.

Sexual predators are not known to cross gender in their preference of victim... unless of course the seduction is not sexually motivated and became more complex as time passed..

I say "guys" all the time! To young girls, to girlfriends, to a mixed group... "hey guys", "you guys" etc. That to me does not stand out at all, except to rule out him being southern.

I thought it was artful the way Carter referred to them as "little girls". Once again, the intentional psychological stabs are apparent to me. Yes, they were little girls but also teenagers. The emotional picture is so strong. What will people think when they find out you brutally murdered two innocent little children? Powerful stuff.

We know there were other people on the trails that day. I don't recall whether or not any of them said they saw the girls but at least one, possibly more said they saw a man we are calling BG. Whatever info LE has about these sightings and locations hasn't been released to the public. There was at least one classmate/friend of the girls there- her words are documented in early threads. So why did BG kill Abby and Libby that day? He'd been seen by at least one person, probably before the murders. The "new" photo isn't new at all- it was made in the early days of the investigation.

LE have been quoted as saying "they know that voice". Could it be because BG came forward early on as a witness and gave a false description?

I absolutely think there was a reason why at the previous press conference that LE said they knew that voice. I think that was a message to the perp as well and I think it ties into their approach at this most recent presser...MOO

I’m curious if there is more audio that has not been released? Thoughts?

Absolutely.
As well as more video.

Why they don't release at the very least, BG making a complete cycled step instead of just half a step is beyond me.

I'm sure we can all agree that the video didn't just start and stop with what they posted.

Most people already knew basically what his gate sorta looked like with the animated gif that someone put together years ago from the stills.

Absolutely.
As well as more video.

Why they don't release at the very least, BG making a complete cycled step instead of just half a step is beyond me.

I'm sure we can all agree that the video didn't just start and stop with what they posted.

Most people already knew basically what his gate sorta looked like with the animated gif that someone put together years ago from the stills.

Idk I could see it as highly possible that once BG turned his attention on them, that Libby hurried up and shoved the phone in her pocket....JMO

If there is more video/audio footage, I doubt it's much more. On Snapchat, you have to hold the button to record and I don't know how much Liberty was capable of doing that, especially surreptitiously. Even when you hold the record button, it will only do I think one minute of video.

Unless she switched to her phone video app (did she have iPhone or Android, I don't know), only then could you set the phone to record and have it continue recording.

Perhaps there is something in the mannerism that a very close family member would notice. Perhaps they want to demonstrate a slightly unusual gate or way of walking.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very least it seems LE thinks he has a conscience, and was appealing to that by using the shack movie reference. Seriously though, I wonder how many killers have even heard of that movie. I'd guess very few have. Things that make you go...hmmm.

Or a family member of the BG may suspect / more than suspect him (e.g. they've found something, or know something that doesn't add up), and LE are trying to play up the guilt / religious aspect to get them to break and come forward.

So I looked closely again at where his hands are. Looks like his right hand is inside his waist band and left hand may be in his pocket.

Anyone who has been in the U.S. Military will tell you that it is a big no-no to walk around with you hands in your pockets (I can hear the drill SGT now "Where do you think you are? back on the block"). To keep our fingers warm we would put them in our waist bands.

I can tell you to this very day, decades after being in the military I still don't put my hands in my pockets but rather in my waist band....I'm not sure if this would be true for anyone who has been in LE. But this indicates to me that BG may have been in the military or some type of LE.......
Or grew up with someone who was in the military or LE

If there is more video/audio footage, I doubt it's much more. On Snapchat, you have to hold the button to record and I don't know how much Liberty was capable of doing that, especially surreptitiously. Even when you hold the record button, it will only do I think one minute of video.

Unless she switched to her phone video app (did she have iPhone or Android, I don't know), only then could you set the phone to record and have it continue recording.
They have stated they have more audio and video and it is "the stuff of nightmares" so...

I am going back to news articles from early on, one of which was when DN was a suspect. It seems as though there were at least two witnesses from the articles I have linked below this one, but that seems to contradict what was stated yesterday. It could just be lousy reporting....but I can't stop thinking about the major changes in the sketch. The reddish brown hair seems to be the only consistent detail.
Police release new sketch in Delphi murders of two girls | Daily Mail Online.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls,' he said.

New details emerge about person of interest in Delphi murders
"Investigators say a witness claims he saw a suspicious-looking man on the trail the same day Abby and Libby were killed. Police produced a composite sketch of the man they believe murdered the girls. The witness was so close he reportedly says he could even see the color of the suspect's eyes."

If the male witness in this article was that flipping close to state the color of the suspect's eyes, then how does the suspect go from having facial hair to no facial hair in the sketch released yesterday?

ISP releases sketch of man accused of killing Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

"Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered."

and further on in the article it says....

"police say the person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a white male between 5’6” to 5’10”, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. The eye color is unknown, but according to one witness, his eyes are not blue. Additionally, this sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate."
Maybe I'm nuts... but the DM article has a large version of the new sketch and also a large, clear version of the photo of Abby in the big hat. <modsnipped against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
A random thought about reference to “The Shack” - it looks like it just aired on Lifetime on Easter Sunday. It makes me wonder if LE is actively working with a family member/close friend of the suspect...as it was a holiday weekend, perhaps the suspect and his family were gathered together and the movie was on, and possibly he exhibited an overly emotional or inappropriate (eg, laughing, crying) response that was later reported to the investigators. As LE had already scheduled the press conference, they may have decided to slip in this detail as a way of letting the suspect know he is being watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member