Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogmatica

dogmatica Well-Known Member

The demeanor of the SI at the PC indicates otherwise.

Invisible, Aqua, neesaki and 12 others like this.
  2. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

A POI's car was described and photographed in an article where he was implicated in a murder in another state. It's possible LE didn't describe the car left beside the building between 12-5 pm because it looks similar to the POI's car or they know it's the same car.

3. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Hi
    Can you point me where the report
    of the family leaving PC upset is?
    I would like to read it. It seems so unlikely they would miss anything to do with finding the killer.

ab01 likes this.
  4. dreamwarrior66

dreamwarrior66 Well-Known Member

They weren't this emotional in their february press conference

MOMDET, Wild Rose, neesaki and 3 others like this.
  5. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

plus i don't think that Libby would've been recording if they thought the whole thing was innocent and trusted the guy.

neesaki, TeaTime, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  6. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Jumping off this post to remind everyone that you need to call or email the police if you think you have a tip or have discovered a person who matches the sketch or sketches. DO NOT post what you think you have found here on the forum.

Take any and all sleuthing of non-POIs to your private conversations and DO NOT mention them here. It is a major TOS violation to sleuth non-POIs on the forum. It's even worse if you are implicating a minor child in your posts. And baiting is against our rules, so DO NOT hint that you have uncovered information that you can't share openly here.

If you think you know something, call the police.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

So the building was abandoned....not the car. The car was parked in the parking lot for several hours. Someone retrieved it and drove away. Police want to speak with that person.

8. itsrak

itsrak Well-Known Member

It all looks like the planned work of a predator to me. Wait at entrance to observe who enters trail. Spot desired type victim. As target crosses point of no return (bridge), and have effectively entered trap, approach and cut off. Move off promptly to pre-determined secluded kill area. Then follow pre-scouted secluded return to vehicle. I'd wager that BG is a predator of the serial kind. I'd bet he's lingered many an afternoon at or in woods near that trail entrance. Not his first rodeo, though he made mistake in this case - leaving phone behind - that should get him arrested. Terribly frustrating, given the existence of both audio and video of BG in the act.

9. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Could BG have sent a trophy photo or something to LE or the family to make that cop so emotional/angry.
    I agree the emotions were intense and he was protective toward the family.

10. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

I think they recognized him, although maybe/maybe not knows him well. I think this person is talked about throughout the community as a weirdo so once she saw him and he possibly said something to them she wanted to catch it on video to show later that yep the weird guy is weird.
    Edit to add: Granted prominent men can be weird. He doesn't have to be some bum living under a bridge.

11. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

I would like to read it to. The behavior of the family could speak volumes here.

8771 likes this.
  12. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

I think that this guy caught their attention by his strange behaviour as soon as they got on the trail. He either made a disturbing comment, asked them for money or maybe even made a sexual gesture towards them which they attempted to 'laugh off'.

He followed them at a distance, and once they got on the bridge, Libby started to video him as she went on high alert. I think that at the time, her intent was to later show an adult or someone she trusted the 'creepy' guy that followed them and I don't think she had any inkling right away as to what was about to happen.

Once he got close, I think he made his intentions clear by showing them a weapon and ordered them 'down the hill.'
    I think that he controlled both of them by holding a weapon on one of them, brought them down the hill and SA at least one them, killed them, and then left them posed in a very disturbing position before he high-tailed it out of there. I think he did leave DNA behind in the form of a cigarette.

I think that one of the witnesses who spotted him saw him right after the murderers while he was walking down the highway with his duffle bag towards the 'abandoned' vehicle and may have seen him him get in it. They may have a partial video footage of the vehicle but it isn't clear enough to show the colour, make or model...or maybe they have the vehicle (it had been stolen) and they matched the DNA from the scene to DNA in the vehicle and he was spotted walking away from it right after the murders.

Only a local would be familiar enough with the trail and bridge to be able to navigate out of there so quickly.

They will catch him.

JMO

13. doublestop

doublestop Well-Known Member

It isn't regular straight hair, it's curly caucasian hair. Everyone in my family has extremely thick, curly or wavy hair, and we're 100% German or Irish.

14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

I think he was hunting that day, and came across two victims that met his criteria.

Maybe he saw them in the past, or maybe he saw people like them.

His familiarity with the area, and the confidence that law enforcement has that he is from that area, makes the serial killer theory a bit unlikely to me.

I’d expect other previous (similar) killings in that area.

I do think he profiles as a serial killer, but he just hasn’t met the definition yet.

steeltowngirl, kkdj, Aqua and 17 others like this.
  15. dogmatica

dogmatica Well-Known Member

The only thing that gives me pause is that this was a random act - a predator waiting for just anyone to show up - you'd think the fact that there were two of them would've discouraged him. That is a bold and brazen thing to do - subdue/attack/murder 2 teens. My guess is this guy knew who they were, knew they would be there and together and planned accordingly.

16. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, I think the time-frame they are interested in is between 12:00 and 5:00 pm. Imo

Doghairrules, cody22, MsArk and 2 others like this.
  17. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

If the perp has been taunting LE maybe they're afraid he's about to strike again.

18. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

It was the first thing I thought too. I will definitely say he has/had an injured right femur and is evidencing a trendelenberg (sp?) gait in the video. It is not just the wonky rail boards.

19. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

This was reported by at least 2 reporters who tweeted it before
    the pc started. One said family was 'angry' and other said 'in tears'.

catastrophe_, neesaki, Jax49 and 6 others like this.
  20. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

So that would indicate he remained at the park until then. When did Mike Patty stop looking? He must have watched him looking for the girls. Did he join him? Did he search too?
    ETA
    LE said it was parked there on the 14th between noon and 5. This was the day after the girls were murdered, but the day they were found. What time were they found again?

21. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

Wasn’t there another lone guy at the bridge that day besides FSG? There was the couple (per FSG), a woman walking her dog, the young girl (possibly with 2 or 3 other friends)? But I remember a lone guy being talked about and he was not the FSG (flannel shirt guy). I always wondered who he was. Anyone else remember this??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.