Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    I agree they should have released much more a lot sooner. I still think they should just release the entire audio and whatever video they have. Release the whole darn thing and just block or black out any parts that are not helpful like maybe the girls screaming in background or something.

The antiquated strategy of keeping things close to the vest only helps to protect the perps. There are ways to release more to the public without jeopardizing anything case related. Let the public help and by golly give the public what they need to be able to help.

And its way too late to be asking the public if they remember who was parked in a certain place years ago. That is a perfect example of them waiting way too long to release something. If they wanted the public's help in figuring out who was parked in a certain place then they should have asked that question within days of when they went missing. To ask now is just insulting to the public and demonstrates their poor handling of the case IMO.

Unless some public person has a photographic and genius memory they are way too late to ask the public that question.

Im deeply disappointed with the press conference and I dont think the movie "Shack" had anything to do with the case other than the officer is projecting his own emotions and reaction from the movie into this case.

I also think the officer is totally wrong to think the perp is going to all of a sudden feel sorry for what he did and give himself up. That is not gonna happen. The only way this perp is going to be caught is if LE figures out who did it and arrest the perp.

Anybody that can kill two young girls has already lost their conciounce a long time ago.

2. DaughterofNeptune

DaughterofNeptune New Member

I apologize if this has been asked, does anyone know what church Libby and Abby attended?

kirkassoc and crhedBngr like this.
  3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I wonder what type of vehicle was parked there. If it was a motorhome or a 5th wheel that would be significant.

Jim_M and crhedBngr like this.
  4. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

NickoD
    Thank you, yes that is what I was looking for. For some reason I’m not able to quote your post.

NickoD likes this.
  5. Starz21

Starz21 Member

If he is from Delphi as they suspect, the focus on power also makes sense in terms of the whole thing about the killer not thinking they would change the direction of the investigation.

Perhaps they think he is inserting himself into the community and getting a read on locals interest or rumours about the case or is on the periphery where he can gauge the direction of the investigation or any apparent changes in the case. What better place to be to retain a sense of power and feeling of control than in Delphi.

I really hope they are close to finding him!

6. holtzmann

holtzmann Well-Known Member

I do not know about the girls themselves, but Libby's family, grandparents specifically, attended Delphi United Methodist Church.

kirkassoc, neesaki, Jim_M and 8 others like this.
  7. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Yep. Seems like they're both looking at a POI.

8. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

I just remembered, carter looked to his left when he addressed the “family”

He looked to his right when addressing the killer (if he was indeed in the room)

So maybe BG wasn’t there as supportive friend to the family, but as some sort of official capacity/community person, or even press?

Jim_M, kidetect22, cody22 and 3 others like this.
  9. cfreyja23

cfreyja23 Verified Attorney

I had always thought that it was overly cautious to hold information to prevent false confessions, until I recently listened to Paul Holes's podcast (he worked on the Golden State Killer case). He said that during their investigation, men would confess (sometimes incarcerated men) to gain notoriety or for other reasons, and that you would be surprised by how many people want to falsely confess to crimes. If they have DNA but they can't be certain that it belongs to the killer, then I can understand why they would want to keep close any information that only the killer would know.

MerBeach, kirkassoc, finine and 8 others like this.
  10. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

I believe he did.

11. Deleted double post

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2019
    Hatfield, crhedBngr and SAMS like this.
  12. Hobgoblinmarket

Hobgoblinmarket Well-Known Member

The "you didnt expect us to change up the investigation" was way creepy and makes it sound like LE or ex LEO.

13. soap mama

That’s the crazy thing. Absolutely no details given. Which leans more towards all this was directed at BG who was possibly standing right there. Who may have an airtight false alibi?

Jim_M, emmeeks, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  14. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon Well-Known Member

Something else that I cannot ignore.
    The 3 day wait period before the actual press conference:
    This was one hundred percent for a reason.
    Is it possible that either a church group, a spring camp for the holiday or a school (high school, college, etc.) was due back in time for Easter?
    Knowing that the "suspect" was away for one of these events MAY have put the conference on hold.
    Maybe he has YET to miss anything that the community has done in regards to the girls.
    The police knew that he would be there, and he would have no idea that the new evidence would implicate him so greatly.
    After all... so far , he had no reason to worry.

Maybe far -fetched?
    But... its one possible scenario for the timing and for the wait.

ALL JMO
    Edited by me.. again.

HayLouise, Alcina, Wild Rose and 12 others like this.
  15. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Just my thoughts.
    In the Jayme Closs case, they held private conferences where only members of the community were invited.
    This was to try to find that perp in attendance.
    Didn't work.
    If this perp is really dumb he was there.
    Or if he holds a position where he was absolutely supposed to be there then he was.
    Otherwise in my humble opinion, he wasn't there.
    Jmo
    Chi

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Rural_PC, Minou, kirkassoc and 6 others like this.
  16. soap mama

I’ll have to rewatch, maybe he panned and settled

kkdj likes this.
  17. EarthtoMel

EarthtoMel Active Member

Listening to the audio over and over again..I wonder if it was someone they knew. He has the tone of voice that people familiar to me had when I was a kid and was not listening to what I was told to do. He kind of sounds aggravated at them. To me, the "guys" sounds like he was familiar with them....but I am just guessing and hoping they catch this guy. MOO.

18. Hobgoblinmarket

Hobgoblinmarket Well-Known Member

Were the bodies found in water? I cant remember. If so, does that degrade possible DNA left behind? maybe they only have partial, idk. Hopefully theyre doing the genealogy search thats solving quite a few cold cases. If they have enough to do so.

Hatfield likes this.
  19. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

Holy crap. He does look like he's staring down someone on his right. Let's say that he's NOT staring down someone. Wouldn't the folks sitting in the area where he's looking feel a little freaked out that he's glaring at them as he speaks? I could see myself coming forward afterward and saying something to clear the air.

Jim_M, Tillicum, Reluctant1 and 6 others like this.
  20. You should find this interesting SAMS. The artist who actually drew the sketch did it just days after the murders. Article posted on Foxnews.com . 'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

kirkassoc, callyn, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.