Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sense is that if they do have DNA, it’s either a weak sample, or one of questionable origins.

If they had a solid DNA sample (blood, semen), then I think they would have done some of that new advanced testing.

There are no signs of that.

I saw someone comment that Indiana law does not allow for the type of DNA testing used in EAR/ ONS. I don't know if this is true but it could be what has kept them from doing this.

What are everyones thoughts about 'We know this is about power for you'?

What IS? The hiding in plain sight?

I thought the murders, at first. But the tense makes me wonder.

The power that he has to keep us all wondering who he is, discussing this case, and keeping the murders in the limelight per se.

What are everyones thoughts about 'We know this is about power for you'?

What IS? The hiding in plain sight?

I thought the murders, at first. But the tense makes me wonder.
All of it.

The murders were very likely about power and control.

Everyone looking for him, everyone talking about him, plays to his ego. He’s smart, he’s cunning, and no one can catch him.

People fear him, and although he’s faceless, he’s done something that makes him a somebody.

He didn’t just get off on the power he felt when he killed two little girls, he’s feeding off the news coverage now.

I think that by calling him a coward, and essentially a baby killer, they are trying to get him to communicate. If not with law enforcement, with somebody.

They insulted him, and I think it was intentional.

They want him to bite.

#3 enhancement =I can see the hair now, not a hat. Def looks younger with a brown fanny pack around his waist. Question is, who still wears these? Can't imagine a twenty-something wearing this, but I feel like I am seeing someone in their 30's-early 40's. MOO
He looks to me like someone on their lunchbreak, he is pretty clean, he has a "Dad Bod" as they say, he has a gut, he looks like he has some meat under his chin too with a tapered mustache or possibly handlebar mustache in some frames.

Did we ever find out if Libby's phone was found, or was the info pulled from the cloud? I just can't see BG leaving the phone there, but I could see it being destroyed if he knew he'd been filmed. Unless she tossed it into brush and he had to get out of there because he heard the initial searchers calling out to the girls before he found it.

Walking along the bridge he looked like was just ambling along. I don't think he knew she was filming and I think at least one of the girls new BG. Otherwise, if they felt they were in danger why did they stay and film him and not run like the devil away? Unless they felt safe until he showed them a gun or some other weapon.

Both of those girls were smart and knew to be afraid. I'm guessing they didn't see the evil until it was too late.

All of this is just some of the thoughts rattling around in my head, so please forgive if all of this has recently been addressed.

MHOO

And I think someone as an after-thought mentioned seeing "xxxxxx's car parked out at the old xxxxx building that day until 5". Maybe without realizing what they'd even said.

JMOO
They were stuck at the end of the bridge that led to the “down the hill” property, there was nowhere to run as BG stool between them and the other end that led to trails and parking

Did we ever find out if Libby's phone was found, or was the info pulled from the cloud? I just can't see BG leaving the phone there, but I could see it being destroyed if he knew he'd been filmed. Unless she tossed it into brush and he had to get out of there because he heard the initial searchers calling out to the girls before he found it.

Walking along the bridge he looked like was just ambling along. I don't think he knew she was filming and I think at least one of the girls new BG. Otherwise, if they felt they were in danger why did they stay and film him and not run like the devil away? Unless they felt safe until he showed them a gun or some other weapon.

Both of those girls were smart and knew to be afraid. I'm guessing they didn't see the evil until it was too late.

All of this is just some of the thoughts rattling around in my head, so please forgive if all of this has recently been addressed.

MHOO

And I think someone as an after-thought mentioned seeing "xxxxxx's car parked out at the old xxxxx building that day until 5". Maybe without realizing what they'd even said.

JMOO

We don’t know what the situation is with Liberty’s phone we don’t know if it was found with or near her or BG destroyed it not realising the video was in the cloud. I have wondered if Liberty had thrown her phone in a struggle and he couldn’t find it. The phone is one of the mistakes he has made and it is going to be a big part in his undoing. I would love to know what his other mistakes are.

I saw someone comment that Indiana law does not allow for the type of DNA testing used in EAR/ ONS. I don't know if this is true but it could be what has kept them from doing this.
Law enforcement cannot search criminal databases for familial matches, like they can in other states.

This doesn’t prevent law enforcement from sending that DNA to a private lab though (Parabon).

Parabon uses a public database, one that contains far more DNA samples than the criminal ones that some states are allowed to use for familial matches.

If they had quality DNA, I absolutely believe they would have done this.

It doesn’t appear they have.

That’s why I’m not confident about DNA evidence.

Here is some enhanced video I made of the suspect, I also enhanced the audio recordings and will post em later.

thank you!!! it is so CLEARLY his hair and not a hat! he looks much younger when you can see it as hair. i'm thinking late 20s, early 30s. still hard to determine age bc of his gait and clothing.

It could be possible that they have found new evidence in a previously searched "shack" or a new one they have just come upon. The location could be so remote that only a true local would know. The absolute lack of info on a car parked between 12-5 tells me the car was seen by a witness at 12 and not seen after 5. Perhaps searchers parked there at 5 or pictures were taken at 5. The new sketch could be from a witness sighting around 12 seeing both the sketch and the car. If he was in disguise I don't think he arrived that way.

I think everything old is new again- in other words, previously known evidence is being rethought. Let no stone be unturned.

Still not sure what to make of the presser, though. I literally cringed at one part.

One thing held back until yesterday is the car. Do you think they have it?

Also, will say, those here who pieced the three stills from the video into a moving image did a very good job. The new video is so close.

Add to that, it makes it clearer to me the brown area under the blue jacket is some sort of undershirt, and not a fanny pack. It also looks like there is some additional credence the BG is reaching inside the blue jacket for what looks even more like a gun than the stills captured. All in my IMO.

The power that he has to keep us all wondering who he is, discussing this case, and keeping the murders in the limelight per se.
Yes and right now, he's once again garnering national attention.
It's probably quite a thrill for him.
The way these perps are caught is when their ego gets so huge, they slip up somehow.
I'm NOT suggesting he's a serial killer.
Not going there.
But most times they're caught when they need more excitement, leading them to kill or try to kill again.
And in so doing, they go that step too far.
Jmo
Chi

The following issue keeps bothering me:

Apparently the "new" sketch was indeed drawn already in 2017 :

"The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported".
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Looking at the video from bridge guy it seems very much that he has some form of beard/mustache/goatie, that contradicts the new sketch though. Remember it was drawn according to a witness directly in 2017 after the murders that means the witness described the (supposed) killer as he looked (in the view of the witness) on the day of the killing.

This leaves only a limited amount of conclusions:

1. The bridge guy is not the killer - obviously the police seems to think otherwise, see the video
2. The killer is the bridge guy and at some point put on a fake beard
3. The beard in the video is an optical illusion
4. The new sketch does not show the killer and the police knows this, that would imply they are causing a strategic distraction from the real culprit
5. The new sketch does not show the killer and the police is unaware of this
6. The witness didn't recognize or forgot the beard

Number 1,2,5+6 seem less probable to me.

Besides the beard issue - I keep getting irritated by the differences in the faces of old and new sketch. A lot of people see similarities. I do not.
1. The eyes - new sketch: narrow eyes, old one: wide eyes, even hanging a bit to the side (s)
2. The chin - new sketch: big chin, old one: short, small chin
3. Face shape - new sketch: oval face, old one: square face

The old sketch resembles indeed much more the bridge guy as we see it in the video, especially regarding the face shape, the rest can be misleading in such a bad quality video indeed.

Anyways, those are less reliable factors due to the vagueness of those sketches in general.

What keeps bothering me is the beard issue, see above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288