Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police have stated that he walks weird on the bridge because it is rotting wood with holes and gaps. He is just watching his step. There is no handicap or anything identifiable in his walk.

That's true, but they also stressed his "mannerisms". While they may have been referring to looking down, hands in pockets, I got the feeling they weren't totally counting out his walk. Just that they needed to qualify the statement so that every man in town with a slight limp wouldn't be looked at accusingly.

I tend towards thinking he made a plan to meet up with one of them, maybe using his younger photo. Maybe he wasn't expecting both girls. It looks to me like he came prepared for an assault with a gun or something in that pouch that he's reaching for. But if he were tech-savvy enough to catfish and avoid detection all this time, why would he have left Libby's phone behind and not destroyed it? Even if he didn't see it, any adult would assume a teenager would have one and look for it. Unless it got tossed out of reach and he couldn't find it.

Ugghh...sorry for rambling. This case gets into your head, poor sweet girls :(

Great questions.
I believe the phone was found "in the area" where the girls were found (not on her)
In my imagination Libby was either able dump it quietly where he would not find it - or courageously hurled it far into the bush or river.

The fact Libby had the untraceable and unaccountable social media app "KIK" on her phone means that it is always possible someone could have been be catfishing or stalking them. And this assailant could be local or from far away.

I remember when this case happened but I don't think that I followed it as closely as some of you I just know bits and pieces of it. Anyways I just watched the presser from the other day. Am I the only one that thinks the girls did NOT know BG? I feel like if it was someone they knew that Libby wouldn't have felt like she needed to take her cell phone out and start recording the person. Like I get this vibe she did it because he was a stranger. I know for me personally if someone I knew close was following me I wouldn't take my cell phone out to record them. Although on second thought it could be she knew who the person was but wasn't close to them so that's why she took it out. Cause I would if it was me if someone I knew that made me uncomfortable I may pull the phone out then. IDK what do u guys think?
IDK, he might have been a stranger or maybe someone she/they knew (or knew of) but thought he was creepy and typically stayed away from him. I really think he was a stranger to them because if they knew who he was, there friends probably knew him, too. If walking on this bridge was something he knew kids did, he may have just been hiding nearby to see who would show up. Maybe he had seen them there before. He could have spoken to them or waved at them before and had never approached them before. OTOH, if he had made friends with them, that explains why they didn't just run away but maybe he had a gun and said he would shoot them if they ran but wouldn't hurt them if they went with him.

I don’t know if you were here in the early days the debates we had at length about his head whether it was hair, a hoodie or a hat were intense and lengthy. The beating a dead horse emoji was used often.
I wasn’t and Oh I can only imagine! Lol! I’m now also seeing a brown T-shirt untucked and not the fanny pack..

I also remember Mike Patty quoted saying the murder happened quickly. That was among those early quotes that don’t get discussed much anymore..... along with Libby fought back hard .... and her phone was pinging all over town.

There’s probably some useful stuff in those early news reports if anyone has time to go back & look thru them.

RSBM

No disrespect meant, but wonder how MP knows all this? This seems like info that would've been kept under wraps, even from family. But I'm not familiar with how murder investigations go. As far as the phone pinging, I'd love a printout of all the numbers pinging along with hers though!

MOO JMO IMHOO

Where I come from "guys" can be for girls or boys and it is a term of familiarity. When I'm hiking our town's trail with my nieces, anyone we see, friends, school mates etc acknowledge us with " hey guys " strangers say " hi ladies". I say " hey guys" to my son's friends, but kids I don't know I address " hey students" or " young man".

BBM.

I think the bolded part might be significant. Did they know their killer?

I have a very strong gut feeling that Carter is so visibly distraught because he knows that these families are going to experience more heart wrenching pain with the discovery of the killer. For me, it makes perfect sense as to why he stressed that they will not be talking to the media and also why he said he will think of them when he takes his last breath...... sadly, I strongly believe they know this person...... it absolutely breaks my heart.

It makes me think there was more than one witness. For whatever reason, until now, the one who sat with the forensic artist for the newly released sketch had less credibility maybe? But now there is a 90 degree shift. Still not sure about that.
That newly released sketch was created in February 2017 by a state trooper. That’s what puzzles me. They had this sketch from the beginning but went with the older sketch for two years. Why? Their one witness gave them a description and it seems that they had two people doing sketches and they chose just one. Now, after all this time, they have changed direction and decided to go with the Troopers sketch. I think they are hoping for more clues but don’t have a suspect in mind. And that is concerning.

Possible exit routes and locations of residence. This guy could have worked at any number of businesses on the outskirts near the site and lived in any of the satellite towns of Delphi

Attachments

• exitroutes2.JPG
    exitroutes2.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 31
  • exit routes.JPG
    exit routes.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 27
I think a family member has provided BG with a 'solid' alibi. They may not ever have had a conversation about it, or that he actually confessed to them, but deep down they have an inkling they have been ignoring.

I think as a result of this alibi the murderer has slipped under the police radar. They must have had a phenomenal amount of information to cross reference, and someone who had a supposedly watertight alibi would be way down at the bottom of the list.

I believe they have been going through old information from the very beginning and looking for holes in a story.

I believe the appeal was to the family member. When the police chief was addressing the killer he said 'we have likely interviewed you, or someone close to you'. This really makes me think of a parent being spoken to about the whereabouts of their son. Although obviously there are many different family relationships it could refer to.

'What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls'. Again I think this is directed to the person providing the alibi. Trying to make that person think about how they feel about the crime. Maybe they have their own little girls within their family. I think the alibi provider is in denial.

I think everything old is new again- in other words, previously known evidence is being rethought. Let no stone be unturned.

Still not sure what to make of the presser, though. I literally cringed at one part.

One thing held back until yesterday is the car. Do you think they have it?

Also, will say, those here who pieced the three stills from the video into a moving image did a very good job. The new video is so close.

Add to that, it makes it clearer to me the brown area under the blue jacket is some sort of undershirt, and not a fanny pack. It also looks like there is some additional credence the BG is reaching inside the blue jacket for what looks even more like a gun than the stills captured. All in my IMO.
It looks like a brown sleeveless vest with pockets ,under that blue coat, to me ???....moo

RSBM

No disrespect meant, but wonder how MP knows all this? This seems like info that would've been kept under wraps, even from family. But I'm not familiar with how murder investigations go. As far as the phone pinging, I'd love a printout of all the numbers pinging along with hers though!

MOO JMO IMHOO

If you remember, in the very early days, LE was presenting themselves as VERY confident that this was going to be solved swiftly. Most of us believed it was personal and that they knew their killer. So, LE probably did not start lecturing family to keep quiet until some time later when they realized this wasn't the case.

IMO, MOO

When I heard that word, "Guys," I could picture him coming up on them and saying, "Guys, you're not allowed on this bridge. It's hazardous. You'll have to go down the hill and around the other way to get back." Or something along those lines. To me, he sounds like he said something following the word, "Guys." Then we could hear him telling them to, "Down the hill."

Two different locations (yards apart perhaps) starting with the...Guys....and later after they were all off the bridge...his instructions where to go. There definitely sounds like there is time between those two sound bites and possibly more words we can't hear (muffled as they moved and Libby is guarding her phone). MOO.
ITA. It makes sense that he might say they need to get off the bridge, they aren't supposed to be there.

I watched a Gray Hughes video, you tube, last night. He shows a path from where the abandoned vehicle was parked to the bridge where the girls were walking. To me it did not look like a short walk, especially for someone with extra clothes on and things stuffed inside their jacket. He must’ve had a plan in advance and be willing to make that long awkward walk. That could be why the girls started videoing him, maybe they could tell he was holding something under his jacket.

I have drop foot. I wear an AFO and use a cane. I drag my foot otherwise.

IMO
When I watched the BG original photos on a big screen, I could almost swear the BG has either knee braces or entire leg braces under his pants.

There was a time where I thought he may have had artificial legs altogether.

If you look above and below his knees when the jeans tighten up around his legs, I swear there is something like a brace or something under those pants. Both legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge