Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch!
I wonder how the reporter feels they know the COD. From a rumor - or the police?
Reporter seems unaware that this is mew public information.

I wonder if it is something that is known by local LE/family or even locals and was told to a reporter off the record? If so that was a big slip by an MSM network

The press conference was very strange, but in my opinion very deliberate in how it was conducted (probably with input from a larger agency, FBI, etc.). There’s a reason why many LE agencies use a public information person to relay info versus having officers personally do the talking, and in this case the emotion and demeanor of the Superintendent was somewhat distracting (but I’m not being critical because I respect him immensely). Here are some points to ponder:

1. Anybody else think it’s odd they did not mention the $ reward? AFAIK it’s still offered and I’m shocked it wasn’t even mentioned.
2. My gut feeling is leaning way more toward this not being a random act of opportunity but probably someone known to the families. When he is finally revealed it might be like the Scoobie Doo cartoon where the bad guy peels off a mask (in this case, not literally) and it’s nobody they thought of.
3. When asking that media refrain from contacting the families for 2 weeks, and saying they had just been made aware of this “new” information that morning - does anyone else wonder how to interpret that? Finding it hard to believe that the families had not previously been privy to more audio/video than released publicly and if the new sketch really was created in ‘17 I think they would have known that as well.
4. If the perpetrator was foolish enough to show up at the PC, then this case should wind up pretty quickly; cannot help but think the PC was set as a trap to lure this guy out of hiding (and they know who he is but lack witness/evidence to nail him). The whole “The Shack” reference seemed like some coded message that the perpetrator will understand.

Thoughts?
My first thought is why not make media leave the families alone for three weeks, to get them through mother's day. :(

I would like the opinion of other healthcare workers. This guys gait seems impaired. Initially, when I saw the video, I thought this guy was a R BKA (below the knee amputee) . He purposely has to pick up his right leg and set it down. His left leg seems to rise and fall correctly.
His foot swings outward a little. The persistent crease at his R knee is where the top of the prosthesis would sit. The crease stays there when he is walking. I don't know. It is such a short video, sadly. I have replayed it and replayed. His gait is not of someone young.
If it is not a R BKA , then he has an injury. He walks like someone with an unstable core due to back or hip problems. I find it hard to believe he is young. But I read the new sketch is from an eyewitness.
I don't know. Any healthcare workers out there have an opinon.

"For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears, but we have."
I think the "new" sketch they released is of a son, hence the similarities in the eyes and mouth, even the one eyebrow hasn't changed, and the nose is similar enough, just thinner. But also explains the obvious lack of facial hair, and younger appearance, and that the hair is curly in the new sketch, and straight in the original. They said the first one becomes secondary to this "new" one, and that was a key statement, not that it is replaced or updated or improved, and that IMO is the switching gears they were talking about. They are telling the perp that he may have thought they didn't know about the younger person's presence because they were so focused on the older person in the actual video they have, but they always had this witness and sketch who gave away the presence of another perp and now they are focusing on finding him first instead, knowing it just takes finding one to lead to the other.
I also noticed the similarity in the eyes and mouth. And I also feel calling the July 2017 sketch secondary is a key statement. Even though they are clear that the voice is one person who was on the bridge and murdered the girls, there is the possibility that someone has been covering for them all along.

so I guess i can understand the vastly different composite images and why they would put more weight on one than the other at the time: if the one that was circulated for the last 2 years was based on video enhancement versus the one released now that was based solely on 1 eyewitness. Unfortunately eyewitness testimony can be very faulty and natural LE inclination is to use the hard, technical evidence as opposed to someone's memory. But then they get some new piece of info that makes them go, you know i think the eyewitness sketch is more accurate than we thought. So I get it.

But what is a bit perplexing to me is why they would just now release video of him walking. Gait tends to be pretty unique to each person, and if they release the still image of him it seems that releasing a few more frames that show him in motion could only be helpful and not compromise the investigation. At least it was released now.

At any rate i'm not here to criticize LE, just thinking about loud. Most important thing is that we catch this predator and get justice for Abby and Libby and their families.

I messaged the reporter on Facebook, referencing the video report: "At about 52 seconds, you mention that the girls were "choked to death" but, to my knowledge, manner of death hasn't been released? Some online web slueths are wondering if you could point them/us in t he direction of your reference for this info?"
She probably won't reply, but, we'll see!

While I am very glad that they have released more information to help the public, I do feel that it was done because they were at a dead end, which is disappointing. So what do you do? Back to the drawing board. Before I read the information that the sketch they released yesterday was one they had almost from Day 1, I was speculating that the new sketch came from a super high-tech analysis and cleanup of the original video, perhaps courtesy of the FBI, that eliminated anomalies and shadows and accounted for angles that basically were creating a distorted picture of BG. Now, it's possible they still did that and realized hey, now he looks just like our original sketch!

I don't for a minute think this sketch came from DNA/Parabon - the original sketch, with all its detail and much more realistic-look, DID look like that to me - either that, or an extrapolation of stills from the video. Which as we know, any processing, cleanup, etc., are based on assumptions, etc. I think also the possibility that they believe BG changed his appearance is also a driving factor.

I don't believe the following speculation I've seen here:
  • LE knows who he is: If they did, they would name him. It's been 2 years, it's not like it's Day 2 of the investigation. All other possibilities should have been eliminated by now.
  • He was known to Abby, Libby, or the family. The family wants justice. They would've identified him by now, since I'm positive they have interviewed and re-interviewed everyone with even peripheral connections to Libby and Abby.
  • He catfished, contacted online, or had some electronic interaction with the girls: Again, it's been 2 years. By now they should have gone down every rabbit hole regarding social media and phones
Since I'm not local, I don't have much to add/speculate regarding the location of the vehicle, who/why it might have been there, nor anything useful regarding the additional audio - I think honestly, that's only helpful if you know the person.

I'm ever hopeful that the change in direction will yield new tips - this is such a drastically different sketch, that if it is a more accurate representation of BG/killer, that it will allow someone to put two and two together and turn him in!

I have not posted here for awhile, but read regularly. Maybe my head is muddled, but thinking a bit out of the box. The statement yesterday about heading in a new direction and having a witness got me thinking. I remember early on that there was another group of school kids on the trail who said they had not seen Abby or Libby, but had seen a strange person dressed in black. I think later they more-or-less withdrew their statement. But is it possible that a sketch of that person was generated, and that someone from that group came forward more recently as a "witness." This may be unlikely, and is just my own speculation, but it would definitely be a new direction and also account for the ignoring of the new sketch for several years. This was so long ago that I can't find the link, but some other long-term readers may recall this. IMO.

There is more audio...in this article it states as such. Early on, I recall reading that the girls were talking about the 'creepy' guy behind them, but I can't find an article where LE actually states this.

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Thank u for this link! I’d read they’d mentioned the presence of a creepy guy, but I wasn’t sure if that was just a SM rumor or what. Thank you for posting MSM confirmation of it, now I can mention - that IMO seems to rule out BG being someone known to the girls.

I have often question why the victims took video. I visit out that way many times per year. Generally, I stay an exit or two from Delphi.
I was there yesterday. I casually spoke with a cameraman in my hotel at breakfast.
I remembered that once you go east off the highway, cell phone coverage is unreliable. Plus, they were in the woods. I think Libby was smarter than we all think. I do believe they did try to call for help. It would be one's first instinct. She was smart enough to take video when that didn't work.

Good catch!
I wonder how the reporter feels they know the COD. From a rumor - or the police?
Reporter seems unaware that this is new public information.
My guess would be that the families know the COD. They would have been allowed to see the girls. Maybe close friends that attended the funeral realized the COD. IMO MOO

Idk I could see it as highly possible that once BG turned his attention on them, that Libby hurried up and shoved the phone in her pocket....JMO
I think he is almost on Abby in this video, I think that's why the left side of the viewing area is blocked out, to block her out of it. And I think they have many reasons for not showing him grab her or pull a weapon on her or whatever happened next.

Reflecting on the press conferences:

We have heard your voice before.

We likely interviewed you.

You made mistakes.

We have a witness

We know where you were parked and for how long.

We know this is you that killed the girls(shows the sketch)

I'm wondering if said witness may have told them that the girls went in a direction that they didn't? Maybe hindering the search for the girls that day?

I'm really beginning to think that someone, witness or somebody they interviewed early on likely threw off the investigation and I believe LE is Laser focused on a specific individual. What all they have to tie that person to the actual crime is my biggest question at this point....MOO

I messaged the reporter on Facebook, referencing the video report: "At about 52 seconds, you mention that the girls were "choked to death" but, to my knowledge, manner of death hasn't been released? Some online web slueths are wondering if you could point them/us in t he direction of your reference for this info?"
She probably won't reply, but, we'll see!

nice! thank you for doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member