Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very significant happened to make Carter as angry and emotional as he was. Clearly he had seen that sketch well before the last few days, and had seen the video as well. Simply the holding of a press conference wouldn't cause him to be in the state he was. Whatever happened - it's personal to him, beyond his obvious desire to catch this guy. Something affected him deeply and profoundly. He seemed to be horrified, angry, and even incredulous - like he'd been shocked and appalled by some new development. Either someone he knows, or a person in a position of trust to the girls or children...there's a sense of betrayal there.
When you combine that demeanor with the request to leave the family alone for 2 weeks, your supposition makes even more sense...

Just my thoughts on Carter's use of the words "power" and "coward", holding a gun or knife to the victims to control them would give them a sense of power but a coward would feel more confident and powerful using a stun gun. Talk about stuff of nightmares.

I'm 58. I've referred to small groups of people as "guys" my whole life. Definitely not a new thing.
Agree. Guys is a term used alot by native Hoosiers. Like "Pop" when referring to sodas. The way this guy walks does not appear to be a young fellow. But I read the new sketch was based on an eyewitness account.

Something very significant happened to make Carter as angry and emotional as he was. Clearly he had seen that sketch well before the last few days, and had seen the video as well. Simply the holding of a press conference wouldn't cause him to be in the state he was. Whatever happened - it's personal to him, beyond his obvious desire to catch this guy. Something affected him deeply and profoundly. He seemed to be horrified, angry, and even incredulous - like he'd been shocked and appalled by some new development. Either someone he knows, or a person in a position of trust to the girls or children...there's a sense of betrayal there.
A cop? A preacher? A teacher? A family friend?

One thing that’s always struck me as odd was when the first sketch was released July, 2017 going by media reports it appeared a key witness had only came forward months later. I always wondered how accurate a distant memory of a stranger could be but LE seemed to have confidence the sketch resembled the person they were looking for.

So now we learn they had another witness who came forward right away but for reasons unknown at that time LE chose not to release a sketch of a person who looked very different and is much younger.

Interesting to contemplate a scenario involving two or more people who think they may have sighted the perp the day of the murders but who’s recollect is not at all in sync and how LE would go about choosing which witness might be more credible than the other.

I’d hazard to guess if any of us were walking on a trail, met up with a stranger without reason to suspect he was responsible for a horrible crime that had just taken place, then aside from the shock, being asked to remember an accurate description of the suspect right down to nose, ears, cheeks and eyes. Especially if the suspect did not arouse attention, I think our sketches definitely would vary greatly too. Memory can also be influenced by other people whom they saw later that same day also.

I wonder if it had to do with maybe Detectives originally thought that the first sketch didn't very well resemble the video image of BG?

Carter probably told the families himself what the "new info" was right before the presser.
They were likely very dismayed that this probably wasn't going to lead to an immediate arrest, and their dismay and possible anger probably effected his demeanor.
Just imagine what their response may have been, and how that would have made him feel.
this is jmo,
Chi

When you combine that demeanor with the request to leave the family alone for 2 weeks, your supposition makes even more sense...
When you work in a career where you see crimes against children, it is all personal.As a clinician, the toughest thing is working with child victims. It is always personal with first responders.

MOO

This is what visualize when I hear the audio:

"Guys." meaning look at me,
I have a gun pointed at you -
a pause for the shock.
Then "Go down the hill"

Hideously, to me it sounds very normal -- like youth leader - or HS senior assistant coach giving JHS students or players directions.
An older person with a greater age
or authority gap might be more likely to say:

"you girls"

Again MOO
Or someone who knows he has the power and control.

Does anyone know what the weather was like that day? Was BG way overdressed?
I am not local, but it was said to be an unseasonably warm day and that was why the girls were there to start with.
IMO BG was wearing more than one layer of clothing.
I think he was wearing a brownish hoodie under a much larger and thicker coat filled w/down or some other material.
jmo and I'll check in later hoping for justice.
Chi

Add to that the curious fact that the family left the room apparently quite upset before it began, and it seems to indicate that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Im not a teacher but to me, LE being involved is the most troubling. I realize LE are also human beings and there are some evil human beings, but the thought that a person who are supposed to be protecting us, protecting Abby and Libby, committed such acts is honestly nauseating.
I am a strong supporter of police and truly believe that most are in that profession out of a true desire to "protect and serve". It is a tough career choice for many reasons - safety concerns, odd/changing hours, the horrible things you witness, etc. But there will always be "bad apples" in all walks of life. Just the other day a NJ State Trooper was arrested for possession of child *advertiser censored*. Several years ago another police officer and his girlfriend were convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting minors.

I was a volunteer EMT and became very good friends with a lot of the police officers in our coverage area. I later became and ICU/Trauma Nurse and did an internship in Death Investigation so I had a lot of close contact with police. Watching Doug Carter speak yesterday and hearing the emotion in his voice gave me a gut feeling that there is a possibility that BG is in LE or connected to some aspect of LE, too. The case in general, with the horrific murders of two sweet girls is certainly enough to make someone emotional, but I felt there was a certain "edge" to his emotion and agree with some previous comments that it seemed to speak to the betrayal of the killer being someone close that they previously trusted as well as anger that they didn't see the evil that person manages to mask every day.

not gonna lie, makes me wonder if it's a fellow cop. especially the way he said suspect could even be "in this room right now"

I completely agree. He's heard and seen every piece of evidence from day 1. It was like he was struggling to not just completely go off in a rage.

Ok so the "new" sketch is not "new" at all... it was drawn on Feb 17, 2017. So says the sketch artist in this article:

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

snip

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.
I sure would like to know what the person witnessed that they felt needed to be reported. What was the suspect doing?

I would like the opinion of other healthcare workers. This guys gait seems impaired. Initially, when I saw the video, I thought this guy was a R BKA (below the knee amputee) . He purposely has to pick up his right leg and set it down. His left leg seems to rise and fall correctly.
His foot swings outward a little. The persistent crease at his R knee is where the top of the prosthesis would sit. The crease stays there when he is walking. I don't know. It is such a short video, sadly. I have replayed it and replayed. His gait is not of someone young.
If it is not a R BKA , then he has an injury. He walks like someone with an unstable core due to back or hip problems. I find it hard to believe he is young. But I read the new sketch is from an eyewitness.
I don't know. Any healthcare workers out there have an opinon.

I noticed it too. I thought maybe the right leg is shorter than the left, or that there was a knee injury/surgery that required him to lift his thigh so high to step. Something is off with the right leg. Could it be a brace? Seems to use his hip to lift his leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4