Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have google earth and you can actually go and look at the bridge and the site where the girls were found. Major creepy to look at!

LE said the vehicle was parked at the DCF building right? Is it operating (DCF)? Had someone been there to have visitation with their child or to swap their child with the other parent?

Last edited:
Opinions - At this time, I believe LE thinks they know who did this from witness information and early and recent tips. I also think someone has helped "alibi" this person early in the investigation. Nearly everything in that PC yesterday was aimed at confronting and alarming the perp and whoever has alibied this perp. I believe the perp is well known and respected to at least a part of the community including LE. They feel angrily betrayed and shocked by this perp..... I sure hope they can get enough evidence to make an arrest.......This is all my own "hinky meter" deductions and opinions and I have been both right and wrong in the past.......moo

Well said, and ITA.

One of the many baffling things I find about this press conference is the search for the driver of the car. If this information is so critical to this case, why did he speak about it for only 26 seconds total. Why didn't they give any description whatsoever of the - what - car/truck/van/? Why did he rush through this info so quickly that I had to rewind the video over and over to try to understand what he was saying?

On the first and second sketches - one think I remember is that they took a lot of flak for the type of hat they put on the perp in the first sketch. So this new one has no hat. But in the video, he has a hat of some kind, although it doesn't resemble the one drawn in the first sketch. Curious, if he was wearing a hat, how the witness knew the hair details - or if this is just a "filler" by the sketch artist.
Good point about the hair. when I see the new sketch hair, I see
thick and curly like someone half Hispanic or half African American. Not sure that's what the artist wanted to portray but
the hair doesn't seem like regular straight hair. moo.

It may be an artefact of perspective/ the fact that he's turning direction towards the girls.

I agree with you.
I think a person with any gait issues would not be in that bridge at all. Its a challenge for everyone.

MOO alert.
I have always interpreted his crossover step movement to be a check on the girls getting back across the bridge. What I thought is:

They didn't like the situation (being followed) and decided to go back across the bridge past him and then away from him -
BG seeing them start back, threw that check step to say "Nope."
MOO again.

Sorry if this has already been discussed: please share with me, your opinion as to why LE would be so emotional over old info? Even if it were ALL brand new info, they prepared this PC ahead of time ... I just cannot reconcile a probable reason for his intense emotions. Thank you
If he saw the the suspected murderer in the audience, he could react in such a way?

I am thinking he made them undress themselves which is why the phone went unnoticed. She was able to hide the phone in the process.

I was thinking the perp was older with the lack of evidence found, some one well versed except for the cellphone thing. I haven’t been able to keep up with all of these thread but I was pursuing the Delphi yearbooks and found an interesting page on the “Criminal Justice” Class. The 2017 yearbook says
In the mornings his class take the perspective of a criminal investigator. Learning about things from forensic evidence to actually being out in the field
https://www.delphilibrarydigital.com/uploads/1/0/3/4/103477448/2017.pdf

Maybe the officer was upset because he thinks it’s someone that was trained through the program? A former student who learned how to gather evidence and make the crime scene particularly difficult because he took the time to process his own evidence before leaving. I’m not pointing any fingers at anyone but it seems to add a possible twist (then again I’m so far behind maybe this is old news.)

One of the many baffling things I find about this press conference is the search for the driver of the car. If this information is so critical to this case, why did he speak about it for only 26 seconds total. Why didn't they give any description whatsoever of the - what - car/truck/van/? Why did he rush through this info so quickly that I had to rewind the video over and over to try to understand what he was saying?
I have also been trying to understand this! It makes no sense.
Could it have been a big rig?

View attachment 180700

You guys, I found this picture on the Pharos (Indiana) Tribune from Feb 14 2017. The article states this photo was taken the day the girls were discovered, but BEFORE they were discovered. Interesting vantage point, and at least one of the guys is wearing a blue jacket and jeans, with hands in his pocket. Identified as searchers. Also shows the condition of the bridge slats. The guy on the left of picture looks like he is being careful not to fall, which reminds me of the BG "gait".

Please chime in with what you think.

I have been reading this thread but I am new to the thread and have not gone back to read the 80 some threads but I wanted to comment about this picture. The guy on the left really looks like the guy from Libby's video. We know it would not be unheard of for a suspect to "help" with the investigation.

thick and curly like someone half Hispanic or half African American. Not sure that's what the artist wanted to portray but

Regarding the hair. I have cousins who are 100% caucasian and have very wiry hair. So while wiry may be more common in other ethnicities, caucasian individuals can certainly have wiry hair.

I've wondered this, too. Do we know when the video was shot compared to the photo of Abby on the bridge?

Right, so this video is a longwinded analysis of what may have happened on the bridge.

In summary, the picture of Abby that Libby took on the bridge was taken from the third platform alternating from the head of the bridge.

The video that Libby took of the man who came up behind them positions him between platforms 4 and 5, with a distinctly forked tree serving as their reference point.

In all likelihood, they probably noticed him starting across the bridge behind them shortly after they moved on from platform 3.

He must have been hustling across the bridge to catch up to them the way he did. I believe they must have increased their pace, but to cross the length of that bridge to catch them while they are nearly OFF of it and already be nearly to the fifth platform suggests a decent clip of walking speed. JMO.

LE said the vehicle was parked at the DCF building right? Is it operating? Had someone been there to have visitation with their child or to swap their child with the other parent?
The building was abandoned. It's possible a homeless person or homeless family had been living there in their car. Homeless people living in their cars frequently have to change locations so the police or nearby home or business owners don't harass them.

On the first and second sketches - one think I remember is that they took a lot of flak for the type of hat they put on the perp in the first sketch. So this new one has no hat. But in the video, he has a hat of some kind, although it doesn't resemble the one drawn in the first sketch. Curious, if he was wearing a hat, how the witness knew the hair details - or if this is just a "filler" by the sketch artist.

maybe they were still able to see some of his hair? depending on the hat and how much hair someone has you can still see some of it. so maybe they saw it is kind of wavy and that's what the trooper artist went with?

i'm curious how close the witness got to this guy and for how long she saw his features...

Caucasians can have have super curly hair and not be of mixed race. I know so many and lots in my own family that I didn't even give that at thought when I saw the new sketch. I would not rule out anyone based on the curly hair, JMO.

Right, so this video is a longwinded analysis of what may have happened on the bridge.

In summary, the picture of Abby that Libby took on the bridge was taken from the third platform alternating from the head of the bridge.

The video that Libby took of the man who came up behind them positions him between platforms 4 and 5, with a distinctly forked tree serving as their reference point.

In all likelihood, they probably noticed him starting across the bridge behind them shortly after they moved on from platform 3.

He must have been hustling across the bridge to catch up to them the way he did. I believe they must have increased their pace, but to cross the length of that bridge to catch them while they are nearly OFF of it and already be nearly to the fifth platform suggests a decent clip of walking speed. JMO.
That bridge looks scary as hell to cross at any clip.

If he saw the the suspected murderer in the audience, he could react in such a way?
He had just finished meeting w/the family who by all accounts were visibly unhappy when they left. I’m sure he wants to bring them closure and in the meantime make sure the family believes LE is doing everything possible. If the family was expecting news of an arrest they would have been crushed, and IMO that could explain his PC demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong