ú

Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

I kind of think they just wanted him to know they know..... someone that they looked into earlier and tentatively cleared has now been put back in the line of sight because the car that was parked was a car that he drives and would not have fit in with the Alibi story. Because they didnt ask for people to identify a driver of a certain car. They just wanted everyone (him) to know they know that car was there.

Oh! Also. Didnt they say 12_5? I thought about that while I was sleeping. So he was there before they got there.

2. EBrava

EBrava Member

Thanks Redbeard.
    So some of you actually see hair only vs a hat?
    I can’t make myself un-see the hat.

3. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

he also appears to bend the left leg when he places weight on it - as if the R leg is not the right length. It's an extra plie almost after he shifts weight onto the left leg. Like he's bending into the left leg in order to assist in picking the right leg up off the ground.

mpnola likes this.
  4. scruffydog

scruffydog Active Member

Some people here are saying they don't think there is anymore audio or video to release-but I recall LE near the beginning of the investigation saying something to the effect that the rest of the recording was "the thing nightmares are made of ", or something to that effect. I could be wrong...but that really sticks in my mind.

Alcina, x_files, Indy Anna and 13 others like this.
  5. EBrava

EBrava Member

Oh my goodness. I hear it too. Maybe power of suggestion but I definitely hear it.

6. Sincerely

Sincerely Well-Known Member

Does anyone recall LE asking for people to search for a blue bag and a man walking along ? highway? Was that in the direction of the car?

7. Ursamajr

Ursamajr haunter of the woods

Has anyone ever received a "pocket dial" or a "butt dial"? To me, the recording sounds exactly like that. If you haven't, try it - turn on the recording app on your phone, drop it in your pants or jacket pocket. It was february and probably both wearing jackets so a jacket would be better. It's spring so there may not be as many leaves around to walk through but try it anyway and you'll get a feel for the sound we might be hearing on the recording.

I don't know if anyone here has ever walked across train trestles that are high above the ground. I lived in the Pacific Northwest for a while and regularly hiked this abandoned rail tracks near the coast. There were quite a few that were set up similar to the Monon High Bridge. I would keep my eyes on my feet as I walked across - sometimes the ties were deteriorating and you could easily trip. Standard spacing is approximately 19 to 19.5 inches for wood ties. I don't remember if it has ever been stated how far apart the ties on MHB are but yeah, you look down while crossing - even if you have crossed it before. No matter how many times I crossed trestles, I don't think I'd ever be able to walk across straight without turning slightly at random (again, you try to avoid cracks/gouges/missing pieces) or even look like I was walking "normal".

The only thing that raises a flag for me is that he has his hands in his pocket or at least seems to. Unless he is holding his pants up, either because they don't fit or they have extra weight in them, I find it interesting he doesn't feel the need to keep his hands ready or even just relaxed just in case he tripped. It can be a little disorientating to see the ground so far below while trying to walk across.

steeltowngirl, SAMS, Gumbeaux and 8 others like this.
  8. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

there is also a movie called Hiding in Plain Sight. about a school teacher...
    Hiding in Plain Sight (2012) - Plot Summary - IMDb

x_files, Indy Anna, JDough and 12 others like this.
  9. EBrava

EBrava Member

I remember that from way back, yes. I can’t answer your question though as I have zero sense of direction with the area.
    Anyone?

Sincerely likes this.
  10. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I hear it too.

11. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any voices between the words on the tape, otherwise, LE would have erased that part completely.

12. EBrava

EBrava Member

Yeah you wouldn’t think so, logically. Unless they thought it was drowned out well enough.

mpnola, Lulu777 and Anirtak like this.
  13. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

There was an old barn, across the water from where the girls were found.
    Perhaps LE found evidence of BG visiting that barn, and is subtly letting BG know this.
    MOO.

14. EBrava

EBrava Member

Hmm. Regarding hat vs hair alone in the video: Wouldn’t the new sketch mean that he must have been wearing a hat in the video? He couldn’t have two very different haircuts on the same day.

Gumbeaux, cody22, TL4S and 1 other person like this.
  15. ParadoxyOddity

ParadoxyOddity Well-Known Member

I think that this was purely a crime of opportunity.

He took a big risk “abducting” two teenage girls from a popular hiking trail.

Chances are that he identified himself as a person of authority and the girls began recording to document what he was ‘going to say’.

He most likely pulled a weapon when he was within earshot so the girls wouldn’t have time to scream or run.

Was he a local? A quick google of businesses and events in the area and all the men seem to dress the same, which could be common anywhere. In fact, one of the first businesses that appears under Google images could easily be mistaken for the guy in the video.

My guess is that he isn’t local, but is familiar with the area. To lead the girls away from the bridge, kill them, and then leave the area in a short space of time tells me he has been there before. Or perhaps he had an accomplice ‘down the hill’ that did.

I don’t think the police are holding back anything by not releasing the video. They probably pulled the best frame that had the best shot of the guy. The rest of the video is probably traumatic and awful and shouldn’t be viewed by anyone.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    JDough, Suglo, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  16. abstr

abstr Well-Known Member

Thank you for the work you do. I for one would not walk on that bridge on a dare and I think that ONE Second loop shows him stepping over a gap, but that is just my opinion. I hate heights and the missing rails I see in the photos are things of my nightmares!

travelbug, Indy Anna, neesaki and 4 others like this.
  17. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

Bg is shorthand for bridge guy.

novo8085, SAMS and they'll get you like this.
  18. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

I hear it now as well. It sounds like the voices are muffled/dubbed over.
    Sadly nobody heard their screams.

19. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Especially passing strangers at that height, my fear would be being pushed off. When someone passed me I’d tend to sit down.

sindydee, Indy Anna, neesaki and 3 others like this.
  20. abstr

abstr Well-Known Member

I could not step foot on that bridge but I do have phobia’s that many don’t. I wish I could actually!

neesaki, LeeAnnB and they'll get you like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.