Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holtzmann

holtzmann Well-Known Member

@Yellow Rose, yuuuuuup. I have a pretty strong feeling that LE knows exactly who they're after and that they've got some new evidence or new connections that give them enough now to call BG the murderer for certain. I think what they're doing now is tying up loose ends to verify connections.

2. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

They had to release the second sketch because the sketch exists.

Any competent defense attorney will state LE failed to fully investigate the person in the second sketch before arresting his or her client (who looks like the first released sketch).

The prosecutor will share with the jury that the second sketch was released and no suspect was found that matched it. The witness who had this sketch drawn could have been mistaken, was too far away to get facial details, or had poor visual acuity.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  3. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Can hope and pray that justice is served soon for these beautiful souls.

MerBeach, Indy Anna, kate2931 and 3 others like this.
  4. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

In the new photo, besides the hair what ONE or two things stands out as PROMINENT to everyone? What would a witness have made a point to detail about his face? I’m curious to know your thoughts.

5. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

To me, this rules out anyone in LE. A perp who was ever part of LE would secure and destroy the phone ASAP, regardless of whether or not he could be certain she recorded or photographed him. I think the fact that the phone was left (assuming it was left and that this audio and video was not retrieved from a cloud) speaks volumes about the perp.

Laughing, LarkBunting, EBrava and 8 others like this.
  6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think this guy committed the crime simply because he wanted to. It was a thrill for him, the ultimate feeling of power and control. He didn't need another reason.
    But I do think someone else knows or at least suspects him and LE is waiting to hear from that person, or people. Imo

Ozoner, Wild Rose, Ozarka and 5 others like this.
  7. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Yep. And I bet they wish they had.

ab01, mysticviewer, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  8. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Yesterday I suggested the press conference was for an audience of one. Today I believe it was for two - BG and someone who thought the sketch looked familiar but dismissed it because the person looked too old.

The sketches look like they could be related or of an older and younger version of the same person. LE could have dismissed the new to us version initially because he looked too young.

It's my belief the press conference was held to remove the doubt this person has by releasing more audio and video of his gait. And it's my belief that BG inserted himself into the investigation - as suspects often do - and this is an appeal to someone who now recognizes him. I also don't think he's a resident but either has business or family in Delphi.

9. TL4S

TL4S Unverified Clown

Is there a map that shows the location the girls were dropped off, the bridge, the area they were found, and the place the car was parked?

10. Yellow Rose

The clearest thing that I see is that even removing the chin scrubble from the original, the new composite appears to have a more elongated and "pointy" chin.

11. aust amateur slueth

aust amateur slueth Well-Known Member

Lips and eyebrows.

12. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

This is a theory I can get behind. I believe BG is LE, EMS, FD or someone who has been involved in the investigation-hence the “you never thought we’d change focus” comment. If BG has been involved in private LE discussions, he knows better than the public which direction they went in for the first two years and which way they might be going now. Imo

13. stephlovescheese

stephlovescheese Well-Known Member

Bingo. I totally agree. I’ve followed the case loosely, certainly not as familiar with it as many of you, but i agree with the above based on the chief’s response and wording.

Laughing, Alisajo, Tippy Lynn and 3 others like this.
  14. Yellow Rose

Unless it's a relative of LE, maybe not even living in the same household?

15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I asked the same thing last night. I haven't seen one, but it would be very helpful. I would like to see where the car was parked in relation to the area of the crime scene.

Voice4theSilent and TL4S like this.
  16. Yellow Rose

The best thing to watch from start to finish is the you tube videos done by our very own Grey.

17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I take the “you never thought we’d change focus” comment the same way. Like LE was speaking directly to someone, someone in the inner loop? But, if so, it’d be easy to access dna, imo. So what is the hold up?

ETA: city PD very small
    City of Delphi - Delphi Police Department
    As is the SO (deputy Grim is awesome)
    http://www.cacoshrf.com/mobile.php?...782&mobileOK=9e00eabaf405948ca5ede9125b042782

18. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Eyes, eyebrows, nose and facial conturing around nose and mouth, which could be mistaken for facial hair.

19. Yellow Rose

Crime Stoppers tip expert discusses what to look for when analyzing Delphi sketch, audio

Less than 24 hours after Indiana State Police released new information in the Delphi murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, investigators said they have received more than 1,000 tips.

“Obviously the whole community wants the person to be found," said life-long Delphi resident Jared Isley, "but I feel like if there was better evidence, video [or] picture it would help a bit more.”

The new information includes a new sketch that looks drastically different than the previous one. The suspect appears younger looking and shaven in the new sketch. Video and audio recordings of the suspect were also released.

Tip experts with the Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana suggest people key in on the eyes, nose and jaw line of the new sketch. They said when people meet someone this is often the area of focus.

“For a lot of people, when we look at people especially in the eye, that makes a T,” Crime Stopper Director Daniel Rosenberg said.

As for the audio recording, Rosenberg suggests people listen for familiar phrase structures or pauses between words.

“Especially if you’re listening to it on a television, you might close your eyes. Sometimes that gives us a visual of who's talking," Rosenberg said. “When cases become very hard is when you don't have anything to work.”

A Kansas City family went 11 years wondering who killed their loved one Jeff Rogers. The 25-year-old made a call to police as he died, and was able to describe his attackers, but police could not catch the attackers. More than a decade later, an anonymous tip led to an arrest.

“First off any tip is a good tip, there’s a difference between a good tip and a great tip," Rosenberg said. "It's about taking your time it's about sifting through it, and finding the little gems hidden in those big piles of paperwork.

State police want to make sure that anyone sending a tip to their Delphi Murder tip email, abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com, that people leave specific information, not just a name and call back number. Any information shared here will be confidential.

20. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Moo...if BG is a civil servant, there could be a reasonable expectation his dna was found. Maybe he found the girls, touched them, maybe he was smoking during the search the night before and tossed the butt down near the bodies so it’s not a direct connection? I’ve always thought there was SA but it doesn’t fit with this line of thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.