Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

I think they are two different people. They discounted the first person they have a sketch of and now are realizing they were dead wrong.

2. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Another similar local attack, or attempted attack, is certainly possible. Perhaps the hypothetical victim was shown a line-up, and picked out the "new" sketch (originally withheld because the one released more closely resembled the video). Something caused LE to release the alternate sketch, and in all likelihood that means new information from an individual who knows, or has encountered, a probable suspect. So, either someone has dropped a dime on his/her brother, neighbor, or mechanic. Or, the perp has exposed himself as a dangerous person to another individual.

Regarding the former, I'm sure LE has weeded through dozens, maybe hundreds, of such tips. So, if they have a new one, they must have been able to substantiate some part of it, something that made it stand out from the rest.

Personally, just IMVHO, I like the latter scenario because it satisfies three key points. The first is to convince LE the new information is valid.

1. The person is a proven danger.

The second two explain the changes to previously held notions.

2. His description has been updated by a new witness, thus, the "new" sketch.
    3. It's now confirmed that he lives in the area, or visits with some regularity.

Of course, two and three could apply to both scenarios. It's the first point that hits home, because if true, it substantiates nos. 2 and 3, and the investigation's "new direction".

3. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

@TTF14 my encounter was not in a park, I was in a stretch of county owned land, heavily wooded, with a few bare spots, three tiers of trails.
    Not a place I’d go w/o my dog.

ShHolmz, Dee10, dotr and 2 others like this.
  4. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Oh thank you. Sorry I misunderstood.

In the PC did they say they believe there are 2 guys involved.

Or do they think the new sketch is the killer, and BG?

Tia

dotr and Peppery like this.
  5. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

If a similar attack occurred would LE not put out a BOLO, alerting the community?

6. LGW88

LGW88 Active Member

Been going through the thread this morning and can't help but still believe that the PC was nothing more than a bluff tactic. It upsets me that for 2 years we've burned a sketch into our collective brain that now we're supposed to disregard and look for the guy in the new sketch (oh and it's a sketch they've had for 2 years). A couple more seconds of video and audio is all they gave us.

Oh and don't forget, they are asking for the public's help in locating the driver of a vehicle (but won't even give the public a description of the vehicle). How are we supposed to do anything with this? You know, there is such a thing as withholding TOO much information, and this is it! Yes, I get it, there are disturbing things on the video/audio, but they're not giving us hardly ANYthing to go on.

I don't believe the guy was "in this room now" and I don't believe they know who did this any more than they did on Day One. Sorry. MOO.

Voice4theSilent, wary, Matic and 6 others like this.
  7. Bellecent

Bellecent Active Member

I would like to ask to think about someone employed on a second or third shift job as well or a student that was home on a long weekend break.

Colorado303, Indy Anna and dotr like this.
  8. cody22

cody22 On Time Out

One guy, and Yes to your last question....moo

Indy Anna, dotr, GordianKnot and 2 others like this.
  9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Wondering if they purposely show both types of hair so the suspect's race/ethnicity is ambiguous? speculation.

neesaki likes this.
  10. carmenugt

carmenugt Well-Known Member

Perhaps, it was not the results they expected. Perhaps, they arrived expecting news of an arrest. What they got was more waiting and searching.

11. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

No, belief is it’s just one guy. The ‘17 sketch has become “secondary” to the newly released sketch. They did not say completely disregard the first sketch, just that it’s now secondary.

Indy Anna, neesaki, dotr and 4 others like this.
  12. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Lawyer

And they may wear hairnets.

ShHolmz, Anirtak, Indy Anna and 5 others like this.
  13. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. We had a gunman on the loose around here the other day after committing a murder and it was only by social media word of mouth that anyone knew about it, which was so weird. I still don't think he's been caught.

14. holtzmann

holtzmann Well-Known Member

In the presser, LE stated that BG is definitely the murderer.

They also stated that the voice clip belongs to one (1) individual and they are currently looking for only one person.

Lastly, they have only relegated the old sketch to a secondary influence — they have not completely discarded it.

15. carmenugt

carmenugt Well-Known Member

Thank you to the person who posted the pic of the deteriorated tracks. The purposeful lifting and planting of the right leg may just be because of the structure and lack of integrity of the tracks.

Alcina, Sunny123, ShHolmz and 13 others like this.
  16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I’m skeptical too. If they felt he was in the room, I’m going with a media member from a local newspaper. Small town reporters run to surrounding towns conducting interviews.

17. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

I have never seen any good coming from releasing more audio or video. Short of voyeurism possibly. :(

Great post, thank you!

18. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Or just that the memory of the person involved in creating the first sketch isn’t believed to have been as accurate as the second potential witness because the suspicious car in town parked has taken prominence. Police sketches can be a helpful tool but the reliability is questionable as unfortunately not many of us have a photographic memory.

In a study completed last year, three university researchers showed nearly 400 college students 12 police sketches of suspects — some computerized, some hand-drawn — alongside a photograph of the suspect’s face. They were asked if the two images depicted the same person.

“Overall, the students said 70 percent of the time that the sketches were not of the same person.”

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2009/questioning-the-effectiveness-of-police-sketches/

Eyewitness identification error is one of the primary contributors to wrongful convictions. In fact, according to the Innocence Project, it was a contributing cause in approximately 70% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.“
    Causes of Wrongful Convictions - Innocence Canada

19. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I think the long angular jaw and chin plus his hair really stands out.

The first sketch looked like it could fit several men in general, but the last one I think stands out much more, and would be more specific to someone having this particular facial features.

Imo

20. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

One guy. They are very firm on one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.