Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Very good point.

Perhaps BG is actually a fine dresser; or wears sporty cloths, a uniform or other specific attire; or is not known to for outdoor activities....so is unrecognizable in the baggy clothes he is wearing in the video. I once ran into our mail carrier when he was off duty, and he recognized me but I didn't recognize him at all out of uniform and context!

jmo

2. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Happens to me all the time!!

bbm

3. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

I posted this a few threads back...WHAT kind of tip are they looking for?

Someone calls and says, yes, I saw a Mack truck parked there. Okay...so? That is not the “confirmation” LE is waiting for to make an arrest. They aren’t going to secure a conviction because Betty Churchlady saw a truck parked in a parking lot. Moo

Someone calls and says I know a guy who got a haircut and shaved the day after the murders. So? Moo

Someone calls and says Joe Blow was out sick on 2/13, or quit his job, or I tried to call him but his phone was off, or whatever. What do these things prove to LE? Absolutely nothing. Moo

Even if someone says Joe Blow has been obsessed with this case, and he’s become an alcoholic and he’s angry, talks about justice for the girls all the time, helped search for them, became friends with the families...so? None of that would mean diddly in court. Moo

So what are police asking the public for????

4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

I wish we had a picture of the exact
    ties he was stepping on while being videoed.
    It might explain the why he steps the way he does.

MsJosie likes this.
  5. RedBeard

RedBeard Villains beware.

I think so too, idk about having a girl; but he knows how to talk to children by the tone of his voice, whether it be from his predatory nature, predatory experience or his experience with children I think is up for debate. I think when he saw the girls, he started to get an adrenaline rush he was possibly reminded of a female that he feels is responsible for his anger.

Ccwelsh87, Wild Rose, JillR and 5 others like this.
  6. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

My thoughts regarding this have been "this is not helping solve this case and can even be seen as voyeuristic and disrespectful to the victims" (by trying to hear them). However, IF they are on it talking AND it's not what folks here have heard but instead it's them saying a person's name.....it could be helpful to keep trying to listen to what's "between the lines" so to speak.

7. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

I think they are waiting for whoever gave this guy an alibi erroneously finally fesses up and turns him in.

8. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

"We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building."

IMO-They have the vehicle, but it may have been used by multiple people and riddled with DNA. LE may not have retrieved usable DNA from the crime scene. They are sure they know who BG is and are watching him very closely. This news conference was held to force BG to make additional mistakes and to get additional corroborating information to seal BG's fate. A witness who saw the "new" BG walking near the 300 N and the Hoosier Hwy. Or...A witness who knows the "new" BG and is willing to testify against him.

9. RedBeard

Not to put anyones theories down but I gotta agree. You gotta follow the logic and go strictly by the evidence. I encourage everyone to watch the video for at least 30 mins in one sitting. This guy to me is an average guy, he isn't any different from any other seemingly middle aged man imo. He has no distinguishable features other than a "weak chin" but that could even be an effect of him looking down and being tense. Touch your chin to your chest and you can see how that can distort someones facial features.

10. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

The two sketches are the same guy.

There is no other voice on the audio.

There are no "mannerisms" of BG in the video to observe except for his gait.

BG enjoyed the press conference and watching the ISP Officer sweat.

Details are withheld so there is no wasted time chasing down false confessions and erroneous tips.

HayLouise, Alcina, Aqua and 16 others like this.
  11. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe I know you're out there...

Please don't tell me that someone has actually said that he may have had a voice box in a previous post.You were just being cheeky right?

12. ms.jones

ms.jones Member

Hi everyone, I am new here and have gotten a lot from all the posts. I used to live in West Lafayette so I have followed this case since the start.
    My thoughts FWIW:
    A person can have a different way of walking and still be young. Both of my stepkids had to have hip surgery in high school for congenital defects. They are fully able to jog, walk on any terrain, etc. but their gaits are a little off - almost like bowlegged or deliberate kind of walking. I don't think BG has a disability because he would have problems walking on the bridge and down the hill and not attempted this attack, but he could have the same sort of situation my stepkids did. There are a lot of people of German decent in this area and they have a broader build (wider hips and shoulders).

Maybe these aren't his clothes, he dresses completely differently on a daily basis. It seems from other cases of serial killers/rapists that part of the obsession is thinking about the act and preparing for it. I think he might have gone to a thrift store or really any store and bought these clothes just for this purpose. I think he lived out this scenario in his mind many, many times before he did it and got a thrill from preparing for it.

Delphi is not far from West Lafayette/Lafayette and Indianapolis. If this person is from "the area" they probably went to walk on this bridge as a teenager and know if school is out and the weather is good teenagers will be hanging out there. I think he either went to the area before looking for this opportunity or he catfished Libby (since she was the one with the phone) so he knew at least she would be there but maybe not Abby. Kids in this area commonly go to areas like the bridge, a quarry that has been flooded into a lake and park areas to hang out together. There really isn't a lot going on if you are a teenager.

His voice and accent sounds very much like someone from this area. When I moved into the area I was surprised by how many people have a sort of southern inflection in the way they speak. People refer to everyone, even animals, as "guys". No kidding. Geese flying overhead - hey look at those guys! It is just how people talk there.

JMO but thanks for considering them!

13. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I think there is no way anybody drunk or high or disabled or an amputee gets up on that bridge. He walks weird because it’s an old rickety bridge and he’s watching his steps.
    I still maintain the witness from February 17th was there to report something odd he had seen by someone helping with the aftermath of the killings(helping cops, crowd control, comforting people, funerals, behind the scene stuff, etc) and ended up being reassured and dismissed by some local cop that the person they were reporting on was some respected person, known by everyone in town, and was being a great help to everyone...so don’t worry about it. And the whole report found the bottom of someone’s drawer until some real evidence popped up recently pointing to that respected guy. Would explain the comments at the PC about “you not thinking we would change directions...etc.
    Just my thoughts but it’s the only scenario I can come up with that makes sense.
    I do think this is a huge break and think their close. Crossing fingers.

14. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I love when new people join because we always get a new perspective. What you said about the thrift store clothing is not something I've heard and is a really great theory. And also what you said about how he'd know that kids hang out there when school is out.

15. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

4. They are searching for a connection between the CPS offices, which had been in the abandoned house - the parking lot (12pm - 5pm, former office hours?) - the driver.

16. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Haha, nobody said that. It was just a reference to the audio recording of "down the hill." ;)

17. Admirable Papaya

Admirable Papaya Member

It was a previously posted suggestion.

But I conceed I was being cheeky, in general :)

18. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I think this is such a great post I’m just bumping it forward in case anyone missed it. One of the greatest things about WS is how we can all learn from others through the sharing of their knowledge. Thank you Matt Johnson!

Midnight_Fox, Alcina, JDough and 12 others like this.
  19. RedBeard

If you listen to my audio enhancements. I think it clearly show his voice is not changed, his voice goes from low to higher pitched but it's natural, it's how my voice sounds, every beginning of the word starts deep and ends higher. Mine is just from being relaxed but some people do it out of nervousness like how cops sound when they give orders. The first part of the word is kind of authoritative and the last part is just carrying your voice as high as you can so people can hear you. I think as he speaks, his tenseness shows, but as he carries on the word he starts to relax as he exhaling and carbon dioxide is causing him to come down of that adrenaline rush as it enters his blood via the membranes in his airway.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Ita I don’t understand the amputee theory.
    He may have an unusual gait, from birth.
    If he had a weapon concealed in his pants or under his jacket, it could change his stride, imo.

Any local here that walk the bridge?
    I have not for years, it was frightening then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.