Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining, Matt. While I have knowledge of "the process", I am in no way an expert. I'm just like anyone else who is "arm chairing" it here, but have learned hyper observance over the years. You are totally correct! We have no right to anymore than we have been given in any case. And even though there are those that think we were given nothing with the last press conference, IMHO, we were given a heap of info!
    Thank you for taking the time to help us understand.
    OldLadyBlues

2. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Today would be a fine day for an arrest.

Another observation:

Nowhere have I heard or read anything about BG possibly having glasses, and neither of the sketches show him wearing glasses. To me, this further supports the "new" theory that he is younger than previously thought. Again, even if someone is familiar with the bridge and has crossed it many times, you better have damn good eyesight to walk it safely. Many people's eyesight gets at least somewhat worse as they age. My guess is someone 40+ would likely wear some type of eyeglasses to correct their vision.

3. aust amateur slueth

aust amateur slueth Well-Known Member

My take on the wanting to identify the driver of the car is
    LE wants to eliminate the driver and or vehicle from the investigation.

It’s one of those loose ends they have to tie up - imagine if they didn’t try to identify the person or eliminate them or the vehicle, in court that would cast doubt on their case.

Can anyone remember if there were any meetings being held in Delphi that day? Maybe someone is on a committee or is part of a group (community or business) in Delphi and had a legitimate reason for being in Delphi that day.

As for the age range 18-40 and that he might look younger than he is, could he be say 50 and look 40 ?

dotr and CrimeDawg123 like this.
  4. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

He dresses like a transient, imo. Homeless people put on multiple layers of clothing, so their clothing won't be stolen because they have no safe place to store it. They also put on multiple layers of clothing they have just stolen to transport it away from the scene.

Mental ill transients frequently are dressed inappropriately for the current weather. BG was over-dressed that day for the warm weather.

Transients live under bridges and in abandoned buildings both of which were at this site.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Voice4theSilent, Dontknow? and dotr like this.
  5. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

HaHa! Don’t forget this voice boxed, lazy-eyed, prominently chinned, one legged guy must also be lefthanded, have a colostomy bag, and be carrying a puppy inside his jacket!

6. aust amateur slueth

aust amateur slueth Well-Known Member

Prescription sunglasses maybe

PaulaDC likes this.
  7. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I’d say zero. He’s probably enjoying the cat-mouse aspect.
    Also, IMO, he’s in 20s, per new sketch, his features seem ‘sharp’ to me.

katikaboom and Madison418 like this.
  8. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

As I've been pondering many of the excellent insights here on the board, the thing that I've concluded (IMHO) is that the sole purpose of the release of the new sketch is for the public to notice something very specific that is different from the old one. And while that may seem like "duh", it actually drills down to something a little more nuanced. It's more than just "look out for this new image" or "here is a drawing we think is a little more accurate". They want us to notice the differences, rather than try to mentally combine the two and come up with just an overall better image in our minds.

They know that when they released this new face- after the public having the 1st one burned into their minds for 2 years- human nature is to notice what was expressly different.

So I think it's really significant to think about one or two things that jump out to us as different. As many have already been saying, what one or two characteristics do our minds now shift to start looking out for? Those characteristics are the things that LE is actually pointing out.

All MOO.

Indy Anna, Amandaaa, Tillicum and 5 others like this.
  9. Mamamerced

Mamamerced Well-Known Member

There was speculation very early in the case, by locals, that a relative/uncle who was a softball coach was the perp. I never heard any more detail.

jhny, enelram and Trudie like this.
  10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

FWIW I see no resemblance between the sketches.
    Reminds me of a MP case, the first photos of MP look absolutely nothing like she looked at time of disappearance. I could have sat next to her in Starbucks & not known her.

cluciano63 likes this.
  11. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Stirring up tips

BBM

Yes, context! That is everything. So often in public, where we know a face without it fully registering.
    What stands out to me is the brow line, and that his features in general are centered smallish within a larger face shape.

I mused long ago that the initially issued sketch could have actually been drawn from an image of a suspect. The detail seems beyond what the mind could recollect.

The newly released (2 year old) sketch is an oddity in its rather vanilla presentation. That said, I do see some similarities between the two sketches, possibly an older vs younger presentation.

Vabrownid1, MJPeony and dotr like this.
  12. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I think this guy will end up being somebody blue collar

I could see him having a drug or alcohol problems as many murderers often do.

I think he will have a job that leaves his day open or some flexibility.

1. 3rd shift factory worker who was out hunting instead of sleeping.

I don’t believe BG is incredibly smart,or some skillful serial killer. He was simply just lucky enough to get out of the area before LE arrived imo.

2.A farmer. They have flexibility in their jobs and generally have freedom to come and go as they please. Especially if they are grain farmers with no livestock. February is usually somewhat slower time of yr for farmers, other than hauling stored grain out. Many farmers if they are married their wives work full time to carry insurance, leaving nobody to answer to at home. Last there are many farmers and farming families around Delphi.

I guess my point is I don’t believe he called off work that day or LE would have surely found that out by now. He’s most definitely local to the area in my mind, and I have thought that from very early on. He is truly hiding in plain sight! Jmo

All moo

13. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Is it possible the family that hastily left had an OH NO moment after being briefed, needing to get away?

14. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

I agree.
    I think it was a bluff tactic as well to generate something, anything to get this case going again.

The 2nd sketch looks nothing like the 1st.

The age description is "up to 40".
    But the voice, to me anyway, is that of a 40+male, smoker, drinker.

They gave us a single new word in the audio. "Guys". Was "guys" edited into the original audio or is it part of the original audio with possibly the girls voices edited out during the scratchy part?

Why didn't they just edit out the scratchy part and put "Guys, down the hill" all together.

The new sketch that came was was said to be done by a state trooper, correct?
    Was this person a skilled sketch artist with experience or just someone with a bit of artistic ability?

Could explain why the right eye looks a bit lazy. Was it done on purpose or did the artist just have trouble with his/her proportions due to not being skilled.

Everyone's looking for someone with a lazy right eye when it simply could be a flaw in the sketch.

My opinion is the same as its always been.

No DNA.
    No POI.
    No suspects.
    No new evidence.

The pc was simply to try and generate something....anything. which is more than what they have. Which is....sadly..nothing.

15. apples12

apples12 Well-Known Member

I think LE wants everybody to think about the suspect appearing to be young. Even as young as an 18 year old could look.

Daae, gliving and MJPeony like this.
  16. RedBeard

RedBeard Villains beware.

If you look at my closeups in a few frames he appears to be wearing these type of glasses for a brief second as he turns. Often referred to as safety or work sunglasses. I think it's up for a debate but based on the few frames I am referencing it's a possibility. They appear to be low profile enough to be masked by the shadow.

Attached Files:

Indy Anna likes this.
  17. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

Or perhaps they just didn't recognize him at first.

(ETA original quote)

CSIDreamer likes this.
  18. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

By the way, welcome. It would be awesome if you get verified as a member of LE.

19. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

and eating a cinnamon bun while checking their fitbit.....LOL !.....moo

20. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree - I think there are mannerisms to notice. He doesn't walk like I would across the bridge. I would have my hands out and I would look nervous. My husband is outdoorsy, outgoing, and athletic and would not walk like BG at all. He doesn't walk with his hands in his pockets, ever. But my dad did and so does my brother-in-law, both of whom grew up on Midwestern farms.

Jmo

JaneEyre, teeandcee and MJPeony like this.
  21. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

And how exactly does shaming him make him come out of hiding? Seems to me saying "wait til everyone finds out what you've done" would push him further into hiding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.