Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

So we have 2 huge new pieces of information!!!!! I, for one, am incredibly optimistic.
    We need to put the information together.
    1) A new composite of a younger very different looking person, with a new age range 18 -40.
    2) A significant vehicle parked on N 300 near an old CPS building.

What evidence brings these 2 pieces of information to us now and brings this information together?
    Clearly, LE initially believed the older BG was their man. There were 2 sketches made based on witnesses accounts. New information has focused the investigation on unequivocally on the younger man.

Could it be familial DNA? If so, they may need corroborating evidence and information.
    Maybe they know that the car parked was driven by a familial DNA person.
    Maybe a cigarette butt collected near the crime scene or trace evidence which has taken years to analyze has tied the car scene and the murder scene together.
    We have new hope!

2. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Jmo but somebody messed up bigtime. Way back in the begining. Took for fact info given from a poor source, i,e...and ran with it. I think this case is just plain stuck.

3. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Yes, let's talk about what that could be. I think:

1. The original witness who provided that info. circled back and said, "Hey, listen to me, I really think this guy is the killer" (and possibly provided additional info.)
    2. An alibi provider grew a conscience.
    3. Someone wants the reward.

4. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

So, A witness gave a sketch artist descriptive facial information from memory a few days after the murders and and a composite was created. Recently something triggered LE to further investigate someone or look for missing clues. They return to the witness to show him/her some photos and he/she identifies the correct person that LE is watching and here we are ......

5. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Lots of small business owners can come and go as they please.

6. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

So, do we still think reddish brown hair and NOT blue eyes? Is that still part of the new sketch BG's description?

7. Reluctant1

Reluctant1 Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about the height? Is the height range still valid based on measurements taken calculating distance video was taken along with surrounding landmarks?

8. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

This makes sense to me. I hope you're right.

9. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Social media is a cesspool. I’m scared to even look there right now.

10. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Oh yeah...that wouldn't be a cluster#$&^ nightmare or anything. :rolleyes:

11. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

I'm a she. So I just shared my thought that way.

12. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Again, why give 3 days notice for the presser? It was Easter weekend. Maybe LE wanted to make sure BG was back in town? (if he indeed lives there)
    That poor community must be so frightened. they have a monster living amongst them!

JDough, TJ9602, Alcina and 13 others like this.
  13. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Bumping these up in case anyone wants a refresher in light of today's news.

14. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Posting the link to the latest update earlier today. The thread is moving quite fast, in case anyone missed it.

In just a few words, it basically says forget the first sketch, wrong guy.

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

Alisajo, Evergreen1, Suglo and 10 others like this.
  15. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Looks to me like something very consistent w/the shape of a handgun in his right pocket (with grip end shoved in first) in the first one his right hand seems to be just above his waistband clutching the top of some long, straight thing shoved into the right leg of his jeans. I don’t think it’s a leg brace — I think it’s something that would come in handy if you wanted to beat someone to a pulp.

16. NickoD

NickoD Well-Known Member

IMO: Logistics. Every time there's a bump of a case via the media the tip lines tend to flood with information. The timing can be as simple as needing to get over the holidays to have enough people to man the phones in each shift.

Alcina, J Block, gogrannypop and 16 others like this.
  17. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Well-Known Member

Retirees, those between jobs, those with off the books jobs, those playing hooky for a day...and....February 13, 2017 was an official state holiday in Illinois - observance of Lincoln's birthday.

18. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Clearly, LE must have something that they didn't have prior to now which has led them to conclude Sketch #2 is BG. Something conclusively changed their minds re: Sketch #1 being the true depiction of BG.

Sketch #2 IS the 90-degree pivot.
    LE somehow became aware that they were on the road to nowhere with Sketch #1.
    IMO, they have some type of new info that led them to confidently reach this conclusion.

Kudos to LE for changing tack upon realizing that this directional shift was warranted, rather than being obstinately fixed in their position re: Sketch #1 being BG.

Investigations are fluid...which means they move, and, yes, even change course at times, depending on where the evidentiary tides take them.

We don't know what LE knows.

Neither does BG.

That's probably keeping him awake nights.
    He's probably going to have a hard time hiding his feelings of increased anxiety and tension from those around him. There are going to be telling signs.
    Sketch #2 + audio = somebody's going to recognize BG.

It's only a matter of time now before they nail him.

Tick, tock, BG.
    Tick.
    Tock.

All of the Above: JMO.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  19. Area52

Area52 Well-Known Member

I still think, in spite of all the LE bashing, the something significant has changed, a witness has come forward, or information has been received. Carter spoke of new information. I believe that the press conference was deliberate, and speaking to the suspect was part of a plan to get someone to " flip" on him. His request for the family's to be left alone for 2 weeks is because someone is in their sights. Something has changed the focus of this investigation, and hopefully we will all find out soon.

20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. I also think they wanted the media to have plenty of notice, and wanted to drum up publicity for this press conference.

Also, you don’t want to give a press conference on a Friday. It’s the worst time in the news cycle to achieve maximum impact.

There’s a reason that politicians like to do Friday news dumps.

Mo Thuairim, Alcina, J Block and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.