ú

Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrz

mrz Active Member

drunks often walk with hands in pockets. Wish he would have fallen too..

HayLouise, YQuest, x_files and 7 others like this.
  2. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It appears that Abby also had her hands in her pockets and is looking down, similar to BG.

3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Just jumping of your post to ask-- do we know if the video is a reverse image? I thought I had read before it was taken as a selfie video over the shoulder or something like that. I don't know too much about it but I know selfie photos are mirrored images. Has anyone tried flipping the video?

4. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

How do they hold their drink?:p

Alcina, Aqua, x_files and 18 others like this.
  5. mtnlites

mtnlites Mystery Machine Driver

I have 2 kids, ages 7 and 12, and I did a "man on the street" quiz for them and asked them why they would videotape someone if they were out for a walk.

12-year-old: Because he was acting really weird and we either thought it was funny or we were scared.
    7-year-old: because I was afraid he was going to hurt me and I wanted evidence for the police.

The 7yo is clearly my Criminal Minds buddy.

6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yes exactly!

A little boy dressed up in his dad's clothes (possibly literally) trying to prove he's a man by harming somebody who maybe wasn't impressed by his importance.

7. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Good point.

Ive walked on a few train tracks before where the wooden railroad ties were raised up about 8 or 10 inches of a gravel bed. It wasnt a bridge or anything but I had to walk similar on top of railroad ties to make good progress.

Surprisingly, when you get used to it then its not as hard as it seems. And putting your hands in your pocket can keep your arms confined and can make it seem easier to walk in some ways.

The pictures of them with their hands in pocket tells me they definitely had gotten comfortable with walking across the railroad ties. And the height of the bridge was not bothering them.

Laughing, x_files, Indy Anna and 11 others like this.
  8. mtnlites

I'm not the original poster, but I think I know what he means. The sketch looks like the Hollywood stereotype of a college-aged kid in a frat house: clean cut, young, kind of blandly handsome...

MrsM, Laughing, x_files and 11 others like this.
  9. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

I do think it’s quite possible that this guy was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

It isn’t based on the video though.

I think he’s a disorganized type of offender, not in all aspects, but on the whole. Many killers like this, especially serial killers, are substance abusers.

I think this was a crime of opportunity, although he may have seen the girls before.

I think that any female he came across out there, would have been at risk. I do believe he came prepared, and probably had come prepared in the past.

I think he lacks the ability to use his brain in order to acquire his victims, and chose to use force on two girls who were as vulnerable as they get.

When this guy is identified, I believe he’s going to be of average or below average intelligence, with a history of petty crimes and drug offenses.

This guy isn’t some criminal mastermind, he just got very lucky.

MrsM, Aqua, Laughing and 31 others like this.
  10. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

When Carter praises the people of Delphi, I have a feeling they not only supported LE but they stayed quiet on social media. They kept any info quiet and directed it to LE. This is my opinion but I also make these comments based on reading about this case over the years. I’m back here with a new email/user name, but I have been active since the beginning.

11. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

If LE knows who he is then it is pretty clear they don't have any DNA evidence. Otherwise he'd have been arrested already.

12. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

Wow, I've refreshed 3 times with no new post or pages of post to catch up on. It's 8:30 out west.

Lot's of good postings.

LaborDayRN and Tippy Lynn like this.
  13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Stabilized Abby and Libby suspect video

Gray Hughes Investigates
    I took each frame of the suspect video and tried to line up the tree which stabilized the walk and you see lateral movement.

14. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

Possible. DNA is very important but so are other facts that would make a jury believe that he is the killer. I 100% believe they said his name if they knew him and they have it.... DNA is important and can seal a case on a conviction or plea bargain... but good old evidence and witnesses are even better!

15. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

The words "We believe you are hiding in plain sight" captured my attention. They keep coming back to me.

Could this end up being someone who was "familiar" to the folks in Delphi who perhaps said hello on a regular basis to him? Someone they "know" but don't really "know"?

Someone who worked in the "background" and didn't say much but never acted odd enough to attract any attention. Someone who people wouldn't normally think of because the person never made an impression on them.

Sometimes people who work quietly in the background are "invisible" to us, in that we don't automatically think of them when there are criminal cases or otherwise.

"Carter addressed the killer directly, close to tears throughout his prepared statement: “We believe you are hiding in plain sight,” he said."

‘Hiding in Plain Sight’: Police Release New Audio, Video Evidence in Delphi Murders of Two Teen Girls

Laughing, x_files, JDough and 16 others like this.
  16. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I did not get any kind of impression that LE is any closer to identifying him. All they have that is new is the image, imo. And their firmer theory that he is or was a local. But none of that seems to point to anyone, and I am sure everyone in town has been scrutinized already over a 2+ year period, by both police and the locals. So unless this new image looks exactly like someone in town...not sure it will change much. And if it does look just like a local, we would probably know already, imo. At least via social media...jmo

17. mtnlites

That bridge definitely isn't an easy walk and the older I get, the scarier it gets. A lot of people say "don't look down" when you're up high, but looking down has never been a problem for me-it's looking UP that puts me off balance. I also find that I clinch my fists when I am nervous and,for that reason, sometimes put them in my pocket so that I can hold onto something. To me, the guy looks exactly how I feel whenever I walk across that bridge-familiar enough to know HOW to walk across it, but nervous enough to take my time and hope a stiff breeze doesn't blow me off.

18. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

IMO, That town has people and children/friends in it who know factual/pertinent info. LE knows what they know/knew at the time. Keep in mind.... there could be a reason behind the murders. We hate to “go there” with innocent children. IMO, It is NOT because THEY did anything wrong, it could be that an adult did wrong and was desperate to keep them quiet... etc...

19. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

If you have not seen this, please watch. Imo it gives a clearer look at bg’s walk.

HayLouise, Alcina, Laughing and 19 others like this.
  20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

While we've been told that this is not true (i.e., only one killer, one image), you're not alone at having first thought the sketches were father and son! MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.