Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! I do recall one of the entrances was officially closed not long after the murders, the second entrance I think it was, something to do with the Meeres (sp?) property but the reason why is testing my memory.

So these are access points, neither are parking lots? Because very early on there was oft-repeated rumours here on WS of at least one car of a certain colour in the parking lot. So is the only parking location close to the main trail entrance where the suspect’s car was believed to have been parked? If so, a car parked there from noon to 5pm would certainly cause suspicion and although LE claim to have a witness, surely nobody was starring at a car for five hours straight. It’s also an out of the way place for CCTV unless it was installed on the abandoned building. But that wouldn’t take this long to obtain...so maybe satellite imaging? ...a head scratcher for sure.

2. Mrs. Grueby

Mrs. Grueby Active Member

Ha! Good one! PommyMommy is the best!

3. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

BG is in the bridge video. BG is in the second sketch. It is my opinion that the first sketch was done from the video. The first 'witness' is video. The second sketch came from a human witness, the second witness. Humans are inherently unreliable witnesses, so they went with technology in choosing which sketch to release.

Why is the second one released now and considered more reliable than the first? Because the case is leading to someone that looks like the person described by the human witness in sketch #2.

4. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

If the suspect is in the media, giving the family a 2 week window would keep the suspect away from the family until LE gets what they are seeking to make an arrest. But I think 2 weeks is significant for some reason.

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

discussing this in this thread is off limits as per moderators

6. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

@Howcanppldosuch please do not discuss the geocaching on the public forum the thread will get shut down and you may receive a warning or a ban. You can discuss it privately but not on the forum. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7. Dovvey

Dovvey Member

I thought it was interesting wording they used at the press conference when they referred to the first sketch as “secondary.” Why not just say to disregard it? Is there a significance there?

8. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

Let’s put this mystery to rest everyone... There are many reasons there are different sketches and many reasons they are “different looking”. I don’t know why LE released 1 initially and not the other or others... ONLY they know that and I TRUST THEM.... We should all trust this process/LE This is “blood on their hands” if you will... THEY WANT to solve this more than anything... Reputations, ego, community trust,. Safety, and most of all for the loved ones and family of those girls...
    1. Different witnesses gave descriptions to an artist based on their memory of who they saw as a POI. Each witness sits with a sketch artist and a composite is “born”
    2. LE created one based off of the photo/video Libby took (but we know they always said it was not very accurate due to the pixels (THEY EVEN CONTACTED DISNEY on this subject)
    3. LE will tell you (I’ve been through this) to remember anything that you can remember, they will allow a witness to look at different noses, eyes, etc... they want anything that a witness can remember down on paper while it is fresh in their minds... research the process of crime sketch artists if you have further questions.....

9. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

I saw a picture of the room in which the press conference was held. There was a huge banner with various terms for God on it, such as: savior, deliverer, etc. There was also a smaller banner with a symbol on it almost like curved crosses. Are these usually in that room, or were they sending a seriously religious message? Will try to find the picture.

ETA here is the link Relatives of slain teen say double-killing will be solved

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  10. Cilene

Cilene Active Member

I read the book last year. It is about a father's spiritual and real life journey dealing with the murder of his daughter. Carter starts by asking how can someone do this? Just as many of us do when watching an emotional movie we project ourselves/emotions/thoughts. This movie had Supt. Carter thinking of the cruelty but the message of hope that the movie/book brings that how you left them is not what they are experiencing now. Thus telling the murderer what power you think you have is not over the girls now. It was a spiritual comforting statement of hope.

11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

linus21, JDough, Cilene and 8 others like this.
  12. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Just posting up this link...LE say they are looking for the driver of the car (the new sketch), not for witnesses to the car being parked.

“Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old Libby and 13-year-old Abby went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.”
    Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

13. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

but they're not of two different people

sketch 1 was made by an FBI artist from looking at the video
    the video is BG
    sketch 2 is the one they want us to consider so therefore it is BG
    the video and sketch 2 are BG

14. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

But it is April 25 in England, where the Daily Mail originates :)

15. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

Did it change since the press conference? Because I thought he said, same guy.

16. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Not true.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

24Roses, 8paws, SandyQLS and 9 others like this.
  17. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Welcome to WS Typically55! Great first post!

18. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

Or something happened since to change their minds.

19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I misread this as well. MassGuy meant to say “first sketch”.

20. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Seems like a mistake was made...as they won’t discuss the sketches. Just show them to us. Jmo

LadyL and dotr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.