Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

• They are not the same person
    • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
    • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
    • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
    • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

2. WhimsicalWillow

WhimsicalWillow All of my posts are MOO & accuracy not guaranteed

It sounds like some posters believe LE knows the suspect but can’t nail him yet and others believe LE doesn’t know him yet. Am I right? From the PC, I felt LE was aiming it at a specific person that they know. They made it sound like everyone will be shocked to find out who the killer is because he’s not an upstanding guy that everyone thought!

3. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

During the conference it was said that BG may appear younger than he is. I think so because I also think his voice is not a young man's voice. However, my sister listened to the recording for the first time today and said, "Oh... he's young. He's in his late 20's." Other members here have also said he sounds younger than the "original" BG's portrait led them to believe he was. I guess it really does come down to personal opinion. He sounds like he's at least 40 to me, but.... not to others.

4. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Much the same as "Is the dress white or blue?"

That said, I'm one who sees similarities. I see familial similarities of two different people. I never thought it to be the same person exactly but perhaps an older version and a younger version within the same family. And I've even considered both sketches might meld together to be a completely different person because I do see similarities.

Of course, now we know that sketch #2 is now the suspect and #1 is not.

5. Elizabeth Lavenza

Elizabeth Lavenza Well-Known Member

I just read the transcript of the press conference (posted at beginning of this thread) which stated the car was parked there on February 14 from noon to 5, which was the day after the murders. Did Carter really say that date or is it an error in transcription?

FromGermany and dotr like this.
  6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO since they have had a thousand tips since the press conference, they may have more info than they had on Monday. I hope their new direction is proving productive.

7. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

I hadn't considered that possibility but you are right. New information could have been gathered since the PC.

8. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Very sorry. Let me see if I can delete the post.

Update, I deleted it.

9. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

New info today. LE say's that the man in the first sketch is no longer a suspect

10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

LaborDayRN likes this.
  11. Mrs. Grueby

Mrs. Grueby Active Member

12. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I broke the promise to myself about resetting my perception and clicked on your first link. To my eye, that’s the photo to the right of the sketch that’s always looked like a much younger guy than the first sketch. It’s a better resemblance to the new sketch IMO.

13. Dovvey

Dovvey Member

Such a great observation. Also wondering if there was a significance to announcing the press conference just before Easter weekend, and holding it the day after Easter. I can’t help but think there’s something very significant here with all these religious connotations.

14. WhimsicalWillow

I have known teenagers that have the deep voice of an old man. Back in high school, I dated one.

It is hard to tell how old someone is based on their voice. The only thing I thought was “He doesn’t sound like the 50 yr old fat man”.

LE said the man may look younger than he actually is. I believe they gave us a hint. Perhaps he look a young and “sounds young” but is much older.

15. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

Thank you.

16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

ok you're a cop right?
    in your opinion, have they completely messed this investigation up?
    or do you have faith they know what they're doing?

17. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

18. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

Thanks. It seems things are heating up in this investigation.

19. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Well-Known Member

Marking my spot.

LaborDayRN likes this.
  20. WhimsicalWillow

Me too. LE even said something like “Everyone will be shocked to know who you really are and aren’t an upstanding guy” or something... Along with The Shack movie reference, I’m tempted to think they’re targeting someone who is well-known in the community and an active member of a church.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.