Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new thread and if I go to bed it will have 30 new pages or more. Why did I not take that Evelyn Wood Speed Reading course in high school?
My life would be a helluva lot better if I could LISTEN to WS posts on this case rather than to have read them. So, if everyone could speak loudly and clearly as you post, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

jmo

Question for those who think LE knows who BG is.

If they have enough evidence to firmly believe who he is, why not arrest and charge him with murder? Why hold a press conference?

Help me understand your thinking. To me, the presser was basically stating a profile of who BG could be and starting over from scratch. “Just getting started”.

I’m completely dumbfounded as to why the sudden switch to a completely different sketch. They said the two sketches were not the same person.

If LE know who BG may be, they may NOT have sufficient evidence to charge him.:(
They cannot charge him first, and then look for sufficient evidence to keep him 'locked up'.
They would want a successful case, if this went to trial.
At a recent case, I followed, Ristevski, a known person of interest was not charged for months.
We also know of cases where the POI has not been charged for years.
Here, in Australia, we have the Lynette Dawson case.
It took decades for the arrest, and the POI was known for quite sometime: following podcasts, hearings etc.
MOO.

If they have enough evidence to firmly believe who he is, why not arrest and charge him with murder? Why hold a press conference?

Help me understand your thinking. To me, the presser was basically stating a profile of who BG could be and starting over from scratch. “Just getting started”.

I’m completely dumbfounded as to why the sudden switch to a completely different sketch. They said the two sketches were not the same person.

I'm on the fence as to whether they have a strong idea of who it could be but simply only have circumstantial evidence; or are running purely off the sketch with little inkling. There have been many cases where it seems almost everyone knows who it is, but there is just not enough evidence to convict. My thoughts are that the sketch they released is very specific... if they have interviewed someone who matches it, it must be very frustrating because surely they would know - perhaps why detective seemed so angry in PC?

In regards to the new sketch:
  • They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
"Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017."

Given that they seem confident the BG may be older than he looks, I think they have some idea. I wonder if it was something in the video that gives this away. It would be good if they released some additional images of the BG with mustache/beard etc to really jog peoples minds.

Evidently they don’t know who he is, as DC suggested he could be in the room, during PC. Either he was or was not, DC was not affirmative.
I hope they’re not starting over, some of the comments made seem conflicting, though. Especially-you want to know what we know. Was he only implying he thinks BG is following the case?

I think people have made too much of the two weeks request by LE. I think they have two reasons for issuing it.

1 I think they were trying to put heat on the perp, as in saying you have two weeks to find God and do the right thing. They are just trying to make him feel uncomfortable. And I think they want BG to feel as if they have a solid case against him already.

2 I think they don't want the family to let their emotions to leak out to MSM while they are trying to trap BG.

JMO

With out info that will secure a conviction they risk the perp walking for good. There is a speedy trial right, you can’t arrest and hold while waiting to find info. If the speedy trial time kicks in and the perp goes to trial and wins because of lack of evidence then he can not be charged again later, double jeopardy!

Knowing who your suspect is and proving it beyond a reasonable doubt in court are very different things. If the prosecution do not believe they can convince a jury that there was no reasonable explanation for somebody else to have committed the crime, they typically will not push an arrest, or even be granted the warrant in the first place.

There is an old barn nearby, across the shallow water from where the girls were found.
Was evidence found in this barn pointing to BG having been there: tools, change of clothing etc?
MOO.

Since the beginning, we have all wondered about the outbuildings on RL’s property, as well as the neighbors’. I sort of lean toward the murders happening where the girls were found, though, but do wonder if he had been living or hanging out in the vicinity, so clues could definitely be found in other places around the abduction site and kill zone.

He could have known the girls in a peripheral way. There are only so many degrees of separation with anyone, but this being a small town, and the likelihood he was was familiar with the bridge, does make me consider at a higher rate than I did before the presser, the possibility of less degrees of separation between BG and the girls.

Evidently they don’t know who he is, as DC suggested he could be in the room, during PC. Either he was or was not, DC was not affirmative.
I hope they’re not starting over, some of the comments made seem conflicting, though. Especially-you want to know what we know. Was he only implying he thinks BG is following the case?

I wouldn't conclude that LE would straight up confirm that BG was in the room if they did in fact see him there. LE cannot just come out and say whether or not they see their suspect if they're still laying the groundwork to arrest him.

My post
If someone can please help me.How far is the County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier ... Services/Department of Child Services/Welfare building in Delphi.building from this house and where Libby and Abby were found? Does someone have a map of how far apart they are? Police search property where Delphi teens found
So this vehicle was found at the abandoned building on 300 N the same rd the farm was searched and where Abby and Libby was found?That's interesting.

from PommyMommy
Google Maps

Last edited:
OK, I am relying on my memory. :rolleyes:
On the last thread someone posted an explanation by the trooper that did the sketches #1 new guy, #2 old guy and one of the reasons he gave as to why the #2 sketch has been out and about is because it was a composite made by several persons descriptions. #1 new guy was simply one person's recollection.
My question or "wondering" is, (was it) Abby's dad who started searching and met a man coming off the bridge. He talked to him, asking him if she saw two girls on the bridge. The man said, "no" and kept walking. Is this the sketch of that man he actually talked to?
(if I have the wrong child, PLEASE correct me)

Good grief, my arm is going numb and eyes are getting blurred. If any of you can help I'll send you a huge WS hug.

Been going back from thread 1, wasn't there a female witness, on the trails around the same time, that stated she saw a single man dressed in "one" color? I remember this because what we had of BG was blue jeans and jacket, this female stated she saw a male and it wasn't jeans/jacket. Trying to go over those threads again, I just can't find them.

If LE know who BG may be, they may NOT have sufficient evidence to charge him.:(
They cannot charge him first, and then look for sufficient evidence to keep him 'locked up'.
They would want a successful case, if this went to trial.
At a recent case, I followed, Ristevski, a known person of interest was not charged for months.
We also know of cases where the POI has not been charged for years.
Here, in Australia, we have the Lynette Dawson case.
It took decades for the arrest, and the POI was known for quite sometime: following podcasts, hearings etc.
MOO.

A recent one I followed had an entire family as suspects for months prior to their arrests.

OK, I am relying on my memory. :rolleyes:
On the last thread someone posted an explanation by the trooper that did the sketches #1 new guy, #2 old guy and one of the reasons he gave as to why the #2 sketch has been out and about is because it was a composite made by several persons descriptions. #1 new guy was simply one person's recollection.
My question or "wondering" is, (was it) Abby's dad who started searching and met a man coming off the bridge. He talked to him, asking him if she saw two girls on the bridge. The man said, "no" and kept walking. Is this the sketch of that man he actually talked to?
(if I have the wrong child, PLEASE correct me)
I have been wondering about that also....... LE is real tight lipped about the people who may have seen this perp.....moo

Wouldn’t
I wonder if the book or DVD of The Shack are available in the local Delphi public library and if any young males have borrowed them.
wouldnt it be wild if the police could have “tapped” the internet to see who started searching for the shack title in and near Delphi. I bet the perp searched for that title asap after hearing the presser

I fully understand that the first sketch is out... no longer the likeness of the person they are looking for.

The newest sketch (released Easter Monday) reflects their POI. However, to me, the video more closely resembles the first sketch. To rectify this in my mind, he must be wearing a disguise in the video. To me that’s a given. I’m mentioning this because it could explain some of the comments Carter made regarding the change in direction, the POI holding power, and also some of Carter’s anger. Could LE be feeling duped? Carter may have been sending this message to the POI... that they are on to him now after 2 years. Two years... where the POI held power over the investigation due to the disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member