Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

One of my initial thoughts about the PC was that perhaps BG has “taunted” them. There was something reminiscent of both Jessica’s and the Beltway Sniper cases. Especially as regards to this “Shack Business”.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    LadyL, Ozarka, neesaki and 9 others like this.

2. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I have so much respect for Superintendent Carter he has seen the crime scene with his own eyes and is haunted and deeply upset by what has happened to the girls. He has desperately tried for over two years every single day to find their killer and he probably thinks about the case day and night. He would not be human if this case had not affected him emotionally. Remember he has to speak to the girls families and explain why they haven’t caught the killer yet and probably feels like they have let them down. I don’t blame him for being angry and upset at BG for the hurt and devastation he has caused everyone involved. It is not right and outrageous to imply there is something sinister about him I am sure he is a kind, hardworking decent family man.

3. Howcanppldosuch

Howcanppldosuch Well-Known Member

Adding one word, and a 3 sec vid helps very little, the change in sketch is what that presser was all about. I understand how the parents could be angered. Who changes all the bill boards now. People gave money together the old pic up. All disheartening

Becky Starkey, LadyL, neesaki and 4 others like this.
  4. Howcanppldosuch

Yes and possibly just had to deal with angry parents minutes before. Tough job

5. QCD893

QCD893 Active Member

Is it known how BG got away from the site where the bodies were disposed? It seems he had to walk back somewhere to get to the car or straight home.

6. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

A witness was also reportedly involved in creating the first sketch.

July 17, 2017
    DELPHI, Ind. (AP) — A sketch authorities released Monday of a man considered the main suspect in the February killings of two northern Indiana girls was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police...

.....Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed...”
    Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths

7. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I’m not a cop.

There’s absolutely no way of knowing.

When you’re dealing with a crime that was probably perpetrated by a stranger, and might not have a great deal of physical evidence, it’s notoriously difficult to solve.

They are relying on witnesses, people whose memories and accounts are fallible.

They formed a task force early on, one that brought in the expertise of state and federal agencies.

Something apparently led them down the wrong track, and they are now trying to rectify that.

They have the right people on this, and appear to have changed their focus.

It’s not a good look, but that doesn’t mean they were in any way incompetent.

When we have all the facts, all the details, we will be able to scrutinize their handling of this.

We’re flying blind right now.

Let’s see what happens.

8. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment.

-FD

9. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

Hi Misty Waters the quote I was referring to is

Willow Knight, Betty P, Jax49 and 8 others like this.
  10. Dovvey

Dovvey Member

I agree. Then try to make whoever did this feel as uncomfortable as possible and make him sweat with all these religious references. Let him know we’re on to him to compel him to flinch or make a misstep. Although I think it’s less about him having a conscience/fear of God and more about him having a fear of getting caught, in knowing they’re hot on his trail.

11. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Can someone help me find where the information is that the family was angry?
    Thank you.

12. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

It might be that LE only made that decision today. They may have received tips that caused the to change their minds about what they said on Monday. I think they had received over a thousand tips by yesterday. Things can change quickly.

13. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Last thread:

If someone can please help me.How far is the County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier ... Services/Department of Child Services/Welfare building in Delphi.building from this house and where Libby and Abby were found? Does someone have a map of how far apart they are? Police search property where Delphi teens found

Google Maps

PommyMommy, Today at 2:44 AMReport
    #1287Unlike
    -.-
    AbbyLibbyGoogle2019TireTracks.jpg

I remember fresh tire tracks across the field near the cemetery (yellow line) and they would well make sense - maybe, IF a driver let another person out of a car and dashed off to the abandoned CPS building for "alibi-parking" there (noon until 5 pm).
    We didn't hear of 2 suspects, but IMO the second painting resembles the first painting of the suspect except hair color/chin/age. What, IF there were 2 suspects and they are relatives like father/son or uncle/nephew or brother/(half) brother?

janewall, neesaki, pepper 34 and 7 others like this.
  14. Typically55

Typically55 New Member

@gregrichards
    Apologies for my post and I agree with everything you have said but I just had an awful feeling when I rewatched it.
    I, like everyone here only want the person responsible found.
    It was just an observation and offending anyone was not my intention.

15. MistyWaters

No, LE have not released any of that sort of information to the public. That’s probably what Carter was referring to when he said to the suspect “you want to know what we know..”

16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yeah. They may have decided to be more firm on the discounting of that initial sketch.

Judging by social media, there are plenty of people still hung up on that initial sketch.

Making it “secondary,” probably wasn’t bold enough.

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I wonder who the witness was.

18. Howcanppldosuch

I agree now, I thought this was about to be over. I thought there were subtle religious hints to communicate with the perp. Now I don’t believe that is correct. I think the movie reference was just a shaken superintendent drawing on his own faith, and the message of the movie. I am really afraid this is really the “beginning” as they said in the presser

19. MistyWaters

Although I don’t have a link at the moment, in one media report I read it was a 5 minute walk to the Monon Trail. It’s just a bit north according to the google map, not by the cemetery.

ETA: But this is the link showing the parking area and address plotted on google map.
    Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

20. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

I agree with you ab! I also think we have forgotten that a good 1000 tips came in after that presser and it only takes one to change the whole direction of any investigation.
    MOO, MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.