Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodester413

bodester413 Well-Known Member

Good find and a great article. I've never heard that term before. It makes total sense though when you read through it and think about it for a bit. It will definitely help me when thinking about this case that's for sure. I've become super confused trying to keep up with what's happened in this case over the last few days.

8paws, indycindy, neesaki and 6 others like this.

2. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Thanks again, Matt!

I really appreciate you taking the time to field these questions as an experienced LEO.
    What you've said in this post provides great food for thought and points for discussion.

So, it sounds like in your own opinion, the following is true:
    • This was an opportunistic killing.
    • Feelings of anger and powerlessness are likely triggers to the murder.
    • BG is feeling powerful that he hasn't been caught. He does have the potential to kill again after a long gap. He won't suicide. Wants attention.
    • DNA may have been recovered at crime scene and/or in vehicle, but you think there was DNA recovered somewhere.
    Is that a fair summary?

One point of clarification: I don't think we know if LE has recovered a vehicle, but I'm not sure. Can anyone else speak to that???

All of the Above: JMO.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

It’s LE holdback? If somebody personally knows the person as depicted by the sketch, they’d probably know the vehicle he was driving on Feb 13th without LE giving away the information.

4. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

IMO they’ve messed up.

LadyL likes this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Although if the sketch was based on a witness account, it may matter, depending on who the witness was. Imo

6. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Deleted. I'm tired, and it's showing.

Apologies.

7. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

WTH is on the hat? On the front angle of it?

sleuthermelb and MsBetsy like this.
  8. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

The threads on this case go back over 2 years. Things have happened in the past that have caused the moderators to ask that geo caching not be discussed on this thread. Honestly, I don't recall what the issue was but that's not important. What is important is that it's not to be discussed. You can always take the discussion to private message if you like. :)

9. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Well-Known Member

Went back and read the transcript, and I read a lot less into it than others than have suggested it means LE knows who the killer is, or that LE believes the killer is a clergyman or a father with girls. To me, most of what they said indicates that they they're back a few spots along the board and need help moving forward, and trying to use the odds in their favor. I hope I'm wrong and they're close to getting the killer, or that even if I'm not wrong, that the PC works magic and it prompts someone to provide information that leads to the killer.

IMO, they are asking for help that is geared toward figuring out who the suspect is because they don't know who it is.

IMO, they are asking for help identifying the suspect because they don't know who it is.

They've said the second sketch was created way back when in February 2017. IMO, they must have had some reason back then to run with the first and keep the second under wraps back then, and since then either (i) forgot about the second until something reminded someone of it, (ii) had something come out that raised doubts about the validity of the first sketch, or (iii) learned something that favored the second sketch over the first, or (iv) some combination of those three.

IMO, this isn't really all that noteworthy. How likely would it have been for someone wasn't from or was unfamiliar with the area to be there, kill the girls, and disappear?

For me, this is the most interesting thing they said because it's not clear what led them to this conclusion - is it the sketch? Something else?

I don't really see much significance in this. Most murderers do hide in plain sight! And often times, murderers are want to know the impact they're having and find out what LE knows and doesn't know, so the in this room thing doesn't mean much to me.

For me, this is more damning about the investigation than anything to do with the killer. He's basically admitting that they were on the wrong path for two years, and assuming the killer had started to believe that LE would never get on the right path.

IMO, this is just the odds. They've interviewed a lot of people. The odds are good that one of them is the killer or someone close to the killer.

IMO, this is just stating the obvious - of course the killer wants to know what LE knows.

IMO, I think he's just taking a shot at the guy and trying to upset him or piss him off so he makes a mistake.

Again, IMO, this is just stating something for which the odds are high to try to make the guy nervous and make a mistake. It's also a message to others to think about people they know who might fit the description and who have seemingly acted differently since the murders. It could signal that they think the person is a first timer, but the odds are good that it is a first time killer - or at least a first time child killer.

If they're from the local area, odds are they have a Christian background and upbringing, and IMO, this part is trying to have it both ways - appealing to someone who may have some guilt or conscience to do the right thing or to hit at someone who has pride in feeling he exercised some sort of power over the girls or the girls' family by pointing out that he failed, as he didn't end their lives because they live on in Heaven.

10. Howcanppldosuch

Howcanppldosuch Well-Known Member

Ok, where can I find a list of things not to mention?

11. dreamwarrior66

dreamwarrior66 Well-Known Member

Wow, he looks much more like sketch #2 in some frames, clearly a younger guy 20s - mid 30s.

12. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

13. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Please contact a moderator if you do not understand. I don’t know how to make it clearer that discussion about geocaching is not allowed and the thread will get locked for everybody because people are not willing to follow the rules.

14. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Today would be a fine day for an arrest.

Several posters have tried to warn folks here, myself included, obviously. I actually was nicely reprimanded once by a mod for trying to warn a poster about another forbidden topic here - I was asked/instructed not to try to police the thread, just use the report button and let the mods, admins, Tricia, etc. handle it.

So, as an FYI, that is what I just did regarding all this chatter tonight about geo-caching.

ETA: I just nicely asked if someone could step in and formally address the issue.

15. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Is the reason for increasing uncertainty perhaps because we’re all still quite theory-less given the new information?

A huge amount of the last 90 or so threads was based (wasted) on ideas pertaining to the first sketch. I can’t begin to imagine how all the people of Delphi feel, considering all the many ways this crime has touched each one of them directly.

LadyL, JaneEyre, dotr and 6 others like this.
  16. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I apologise I am not a moderator I just really don’t want this thread locked at this critical time. Can you imagine if an arrest is made soon and the thread is locked and we cannot discuss it it would be terrible.

17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

So, they have now apparently discounted the person who supposedly provided the “secondary” sketch.

Ps:
    That was all suspicious too, imo, when that came out, but I figured the lack of coming forward sooner was due to fear.

18. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I hope the thread wouldn't be shut down. We're too close imo.

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the videos, this one really "came to life " for me, he seems more menacing and purpose driven somehow. Scary.
    imo, speculation.

20. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Today would be a fine day for an arrest.

I understand totally. I think the fact that we AREN'T mods is why the discussions continue. I guess people think we are just picking on them, so we are ignored. I assume, too, this is why the powers that be here at WS just ask that we report problems and let them deal with it. That's part of their job/why they are here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.