Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

The new sketch...
    • Was drawn two years ago 2/17/17, three days after the girls were found
    • Is of the unidentified killer
    • Is based on the description of a witness
    • Was drawn based on how the witness described the suspect using a facial identification reference sheet
    • Was drawn by a different artist than the one who drew the first sketch
    Officials said the new image came about after some bit of new information that had been "continuously reviewed and examined."

Authorities said the image "more accurately" depicted the face of the suspect from video recorded on German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge.

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

Indiana State Police are now saying the new sketch of the Delphi suspect is their current person of interest and the first sketch - released two years ago - is not a person of interest at this time.
    ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

2. janesmith787

janesmith787 Well-Known Member

3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I’m already pages behind and others may have replied but in a LE press release today they state sketch #1 is no longer a POI, along with this clarification:

Indiana State Police also issued the following clarification about the two sketches:
    • They are not the same person
    • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
    • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
    • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
    • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
    ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

4. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

So Trooper Bryant drew the sketch himself. It made me consider some oddities like eye shapes making it look like a bad eye, and so on, because if I had to draw a sketch, it would likely be off on where the eyes were focusing.

To me, seeing this, it was a quick draw and not much can be made of irregularities like where one eye is looking, but a lot can be made from the distinctive facial features like the jaw and hair.

Holding out hope for a solution.

StarEyes, Seenit, Dre and 8 others like this.
  5. janesmith787

janesmith787 Well-Known Member

Seenit, tmar and cody22 like this.
  6. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

It was generated by the police from the video still photo from Libby's phone.

That's why it looks so close to B.G. - because it's a police sketch interpretation of how the man could possibly look from the police sketch artist studying the photo from Libby's phone. It was not from a witness.

7. ParadoxyOddity

ParadoxyOddity Well-Known Member

I think they were initially looking for someone more middle aged (around 40-50), but now they have changed direction and are now looking for someone going (18-30), which explains the reference made by Carter during the press conference. Killer was probably sitting back thinking he was in the clear because they were searching for someone significantly older.

8. Aus94

Aus94 Well-Known Member

Completely agree, and I think most people would. I think that's why they have stated that the second sketch is reflective of the man walking across the bridge. The clothing and build are likely not necessarily reflective of BGs normal attire. They look baggy, and are potentially a disguise or being used to hide weapons underneath. Whilst the sketch looks like a much younger man, the audio seems to be more ~25-30+ (at best guess) and I think that's why they made a point to say that he may be older than he looks JMO.

9. No it's not

No it's not that simple

10. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I know I’m thousands of miles and the Atlantic Ocean away and I am sleeping with the light on. I can’t imagine living in Delphi and watching that press conference on Monday.

11. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

It was Libby’s Dad.

The guy your asking about is FSG (Flannel Shirt Guy and has ties to the bridge).
    DG did ask him if he had seen two girls and FSG replied no but had seen a “couple” on the bridge.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your last question.

12. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Maybe it is a long shot, but it's not hopeless. Two years is a long time, but it's not ancient history.

People in that town likely remember details about that day, especially when asked to focus on a detail like a vehicle in a certain location. If someone is covering for BG or if someone is in denial about someone the suspect could be BG, that person might step forward with info now that a question about that specific location has been asked.

jmo

13. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Stirring up tips

I am dumbfounded along with you, but I believe they’ve clearly had a huge breakthrough. Perhaps they now have a completely unexpected suspect, and are awaiting fast track DNA? (I’m not sure the timeframe required)

The overwhelming emotion from Carter could be over a surprising suspect (ie, someone who constitutes a betrayal of trust), or it could also be dismay of having been on the wrong track for 2 years.

My heart is with each person bearing the lifetime burdens of this horrific act. Only on Forensic Files do they wrap up in an hour, and that often represents years of very dry detective work.

14. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Plus those down under, adding words you may not be familiar with.

15. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

So he should be, so they are in no harm.

16. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

True!

jmo

Seenit, JaneEyre and gregjrichards like this.
  17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I haven't read the book or seen the movie but this might help:
    Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders

18. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

This!! I think this was the lone guy I have been thinking about. Thank you! :)

19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/Shack-Where-Tragedy-Confronts-Eternity/dp/0964729237

sassyblue, Seenit and Tippy Lynn like this.
  20. Mrs. Grueby

Mrs. Grueby Active Member

I agree. I really don’t think they know specifically who they are looking for. It really seemed to me that they were letting the suspect know that they were mistaken (yes mistaken!!!) in using that first sketch. I said before that the emotion shown by Carter was based somewhat in that miss step. And honestly, think about it, for 2 years people were looking for a completely different looking person. Billboards, flyers, Press Conferences! I should add that to me these two sketches have nothing in common. Nothing. Moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.