Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he is probably from one of the many many surrounding communities, but I doubt he has any connection to them. The rushed nature of the crime (based on what we know and speculation) shows someone who took an opportunity not someone who premeditated it to the extent that they planned to specifically target them.
I have an alternative speculation; I think he catfishes Abby and planned to meet up with her. I think Libby sensed this guy was trouble and went along. That is why I think she had her phone handy. I think her intuition told her all along most likely.

And I believe this miscreant came well prepared with his tools stuffed under his jacket and down his pants. He had his spot all picked out.

Another wild card. Could this have been someone that one of the girls made fun of in the past? Humiliated him?
I don't think for a second this was random; he was too well prepared.

ETA: I am really alerting on that hog plant in Delphi. Who comes and goes there? Do they hire RSO's? Seems like some "skills" there might be transferrable to this type of horrific crime. Amateur opinion and speculation only!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Not being snarky with this..

Do y’all really think that when they’ve scheduled a random PC and announce it 3 days prior....the main person is just going to throw in his random TV shows he watches and personal opinions?

Especially when he’s been working this case for 2 YEARS? I know you can fake emotions, but that didn’t seem fake to me.

JMO

Who said Supt Carter's emotion was fake?

I've not gotten that message here.

I've also watched many pressers, and think one can pretty much tell what is scripted versus speaker's ad lib.

If "just going to throw in" to you means that acknowledging what is personal, ad lib comment is diminishing Police Supt Carter's message or emotion, then I disagree.

MOO

Abby and Libby Delphi Suspect Video Stabilized
Gray Hughes video

Yet another great job by Gray. Not sure if I'm imagining it but it seems at the end BG is changing direction to come towards the girls. Terrifying.

What I note is his clothing. Does anyone between the ages of 18-40 dress like that? His clothing is part of what really made me think he's older. Plus the body language, voice clip, and middle-aged paunch. Can anyone local tell me how younger people tend to look and dress there? .

What I note is his clothing. Does anyone between the ages of 18-40 dress like that? His clothing is part of what really made me think he's older. Plus the body language, voice clip, and middle-aged paunch. Can anyone local tell me how younger people tend to look and dress there? .

The coat honestly reminded me of what a 40 yr old dad would wear in the springtime . You remember those hooded champion ones with a light cotton lining and hood. Circa late 90's early 2000's. sometimes over a sweatshirt if they were dressed in layers

• There is no way that anyone in the public would remember that car, absolutely none.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
Not necessarily. Someone could have glanced at the car and thought it looked just like the car their best friend had in high school....or just like the car where they gave/got their first kiss....or first ticket...or...or...or....

Could the newly released sketch be like some sort of decoy or ruse or something? An excuse to revisit someone they previously interviewed? Could they legally say "oh, hey, so sorry to be a bother mr. upstanding citizen but someone called in a tip about your resemblance so can we just get your dna real quick to rule you out, la la la" or whatever, you know? No, probably not, huh? There's just something, something about this new sketch and all the weirdness that clearly is off. It's sketchy, if you will.

I think he meant to throw people off, for his true appearance. I suspect it's not the first time.

I've also watched many pressers, and think one can pretty much tell what is scripted versus speaker's ad lib.

If "just going to throw in" to you means that acknowledging what is personal, ad lib comment is diminishing Police Supt Carter's message or emotion, then I disagree.

MOO

I am in full support of him, and believe everything he said was strategic. The public may not understand, but IMO it wasn’t directed to us.

Imo he isnt being NICE AT ALL. It may SOUND friendly the way it’s cut “GUYS......G’DOWN THE HILL” but I think he’s already produced a weapon and authoritatively told them they had no choice

I agree with you.
Thats what i hear.
Pure malice:

"Guys"
Meaning look at me I am pointing a gun at you.
Pause for shock -
Abby still in ties can't run.
BG moves up.
"Go down the hill."

This is the first time I've posted but I wanted to share some of my thoughts with everyone...

• My first thought when looking at the newly released sketch is...he has a 'baby face'
    • I see chubby cheeks...and if he has reddish/brown hair I could see them possibly reddening easy
    • I also think that this could tie into the POI looking younger than he actually is
    • I feel like he is in the age range of 20-30 at this time
      • I know the voice sounds deep and of an older person...but I'm from southern Indiana and I know many people in that age range with some very deep voices
  • I feel like he has to be local and extremely comfortable with that area...the park/bridge/roads the whole 9 yards
    • I feel like he grew up there and spent a large amount of time in that park and probably knew the area like the back of his hand
      • Perhaps this park/trail area is/was indeed his 'backyard' so to say
    • In the very, very short clip of video that has been provided I get a very confident vibe from him, hands in pockets and walking closer to the edge of the bridge than most generally would
  • More on the video clip...
    • I feel like whatever the POI is wearing is probably irrelevant at this point...law enforcement is more interested in people examining his behavior and movement than they are with what he has on in the video
      • That leads me to believe that whatever they have determined that he has on is something that is very ordinary to the area...nothing that is going to jump out at someone to be recognizable or memorable...more than likely neutral toned/plain shirts, boots or hiking shoes of some sort and basic blue jeans.
  • I do not feel like Abby and Libby were planned targets, I think this was a completely random act and they were unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    • I feel like the probably had some sort of 'kit' with him so to speak...but we have no idea what sort of weapons he had on him at the time
      • Regardless...it doesn't take a whole lot of room to hide a knife, gun, taser, or anything of that sort
  • I also feel like the attacker is someone that is maybe not very popular with the ladies.
    • Maybe in his day to day life he's a very insecure and introverted person
    • I feel like Valentine's Day played a big role in this attack, perhaps he was turned down for a date or maybe a girl he had been talking to either in person or online ended things abruptly with him..."ghosted him" if you will.
    • I sense rage as well...which unfortunately leads me to think that a knife was maybe involved...knives are usually used in more rage filled killings...at least that's the theory I have.
  • For some reason I get this vibe that he has a very overbearing mother...
    • I feel like she may be the one that is involved with the church and maybe drags him along
    • She could also be a school teacher in the area
    • I feel like she was/is very strict with what he does/wears...maybe she even buys his clothes still? That could explain the plainness of them and the 'dad jeans'
    • I think that the officer could have been referring to his mother when he said "what are those closest to you going to think when they find out what you've done?"...like what is your mother going to think of you when she finds out you did this? ...and I feel like that will bother him a great deal
  • I also do not think that he himself has children
    • I think he could be an uncle or have younger siblings...maybe around the age of Abby and Libby
  • I've been trying to think about how he got the girls to 'obey' him...I think they probably assumed and he probably even told them that if they did as he said and 'obeyed' him that he'd let them go.
    • I could see him handcuffing them together or something as well, to keep them corralled so to speak...that way he didn't have to worry about one taking off or one trying to attack or overpower him in some way
      • I don't think either girl would have willingly left the other one...but how would he know that?
  • I haven't really sat and thought about the car or any of that part of this puzzle yet...but hopefully somebody finds this random babbling of mine somewhat insightful.

Clearly this is all my own opinion and I have no actual clue as to what took place on that day.
Thank you for this awesome post - lot's of great ideas to sort through and ponder. Like the rest of us (unless verified), we are all amateurs...but you certainly have a knack for profiling!

bbm or maybe he is the witness who saw the person?

The sketches are of two different people. The person in the first sketch is no longer considered a POI. Why? I have to wonder if they now realize who the person is, in the first sketch.

What if they know who the person is in the first sketch? That sketch was drawn from a witness account of a suspect seen about the time of the girl's deaths. Libby's dad was there around 3 pm and maybe he is the person the witness saw. I know it's way out there but maybe a possibility.

I have an alternative speculation; I think he catfishes Abby and planned to meet up with her. I think Libby sensed this guy was trouble and went along. That is why I think she had her phone handy. I think her intuition told her all along most likely.

And I believe this miscreant came well prepared with his tools stuffed under his jacket and down his pants. He had his spot all picked out.

Another wild card. Could this have been someone that one of the girls made fun of in the past? Humiliated him?

ETA: I am really alerting on that hog plant in Delphi. Who comes and goes there? Do they hire RSO's? Seems like some "skills" there might be transferrable to this type of horrific crime. Amateur opinion and speculation only!

Respectfully how could he catfish Abbey if her Mum wouldn’t let her have a phone? I am sure any of her internet activity would be monitored too.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
Not necessarily. Someone could have glanced at the car and thought it looked just like the car their best friend had in high school....or just like the car where they gave/got their first kiss....or first ticket...or...or...or....

I agree with you. And its always worth a try.

The coat honestly reminded me of what a 40 yr old dad would wear in the springtime . You remember those hooded champion ones with a light cotton lining and hood. Circa late 90's early 2000's. sometimes over a sweatshirt if they were dressed in layers

It sorta looks like he might have a white hoodie under his jacket..

MOO

If Superintendent Carter’s emotion was fake then I strongly suggest he leave the force and become a Hollywood actor as there is an Academy Award waiting for him.

Respectfully how could he catfish Abbey if her Mum wouldn’t let her have a phone? I am sure any of her internet activity would be monitored too.
Teens could be FBI agents; they are so covert! Trust me, they find a way, and it's hard to track all their fake snapchat and so forth accounts. I have no doubt she was communicating with the Perp. Using a friends phone, library, school computer, burner phone, something...

I think its perfectly reasonable, but no matter the state of her phone; the cell phone would have logs. If he had a burner phone, they could at least trace the sale of it, if not pull up video.

I tend to think the same - that they were there to meet someone they thought was a teenager. I know there are opportunists who travel with "kits". But... two similar-yet-different sketches...the warning back in 2017 to "know what your kids are doing"...the statement that the younger sketch is the bridge guy, while older sketch seems to to match the video better.

I have no knowledge of how easy it would be for LE to determine who they were interacting with from their social media counts, but I imagine they would have learned that early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member