Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob68

rob68 Active Member

Do we know for sure that he didn't? I could swear it was reported when the case first broke that the video was taken from the phones 'cloud'. If so, LE wouldn't need the actual phone to retrieve the video.

tmar likes this.
  2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I hope so.

Being smart enough to do so, and having an opportunity to do so, are two different things though.

It really comes down to how this all went down, specifically, how he killed them.

Hopefully, one of them scratched him.

MrsM, LadyL, Sunny123 and 14 others like this.
  3. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

We're sure. LE has confirmed they have the phone.

4. ParadoxyOddity

ParadoxyOddity Well-Known Member

Some posters have question that it doesn’t make sense for a random guy (BG) to be lurking around a hiking trail, looking for someone to murder so it must be someone the girls knew.

Maybe, but women have been snatched from hiking trails before because they are isolated and quiet. Killers can stalk, hunt and sneak up on victims before they even know what’s happened to them.

If someone was looking to kill in Delphi, they could have been testing all the local trails to see which one has the most opportunity. Two young, naive girls venturing into an area that was isolated and close to restricted zones seems like an ideal spot for someone to lay waiting. They could have had a few test runs earlier.

A serial killer in Idaho once saw two kids as he was driving down a highway, turned around, took a closer look and stalked the family for 2 nights by camping in the forest around their home, before striking so it’s possible someone was doing the same here.

Sammistar, MrsM, pepper 34 and 21 others like this.
  5. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

This doesn't have volunteer interviews but it does have volunteers milling about/walking past.

6. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

If you are convinced by Carter/the methodical way the PC was planned/executed, IMO you can’t believe it was random, I 100% believe Carter was speaking to a specific person, as do many of our members who have posted over the past 4 days!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Stargazer34, Laughing, JDough and 7 others like this.
  7. ParadoxyOddity

If he is local or lives close by, he would have been part of the search party for sure. He probably even tried to get interviewed by the media and has definitely been interviewed by the police. Unless he was travelling through or didn’t care about being caught, he would be right up in there trying to interject himself to find out what the police know.

Laughing, gitana1, Carja7 and 11 others like this.
  8. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

I stand corrected!
    A weapon makes even more sense. Geez, I grew up under a rock o guess!
    Lol
    Moo

9. ParadoxyOddity

If you go though the friends list of both girls on Facebook, you will see 50 men that look like BG. I think we are all looking too hard to find this guy :(

MrsM, LadyL, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  10. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Welcome rob.:):):)
    I also remember, right at the beginning, it was reported the video was retrieved from Cloud.

gliving, Andreee and rob68 like this.
  11. ParadoxyOddity

Ian Huntley (UK)

Murdered 2 school girls in his home.

Then proceeded to inject himself in the case. Even paraded himself to the murder saying how awful it was.

12. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

He is most likely disorganized

Organized Versus Disorganized Serial Predators

13. ParadoxyOddity

For all we know, the new sketch might not be BG at all. The police may already have that part of the case solved, but now need the evidence. The person in the new sketch could be someone linked to BG that perhaps is family or gave a false alibi. I think this latest sketch is designed to provoke some people along.

14. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

It is horrible.

But in the future, as DNA technique becomes more sophisticated, maybe the sketches will become obsolete.

Speaking of DNA, here is interesting piece of news

STRmix Launches New Application to Rapidly Calculate DNA Likelihood Ratios

“Used in conjunction with STRmix™, DBLR™ (which stands for database likelihood ratios) can calculate millions of LRs in seconds. Likelihood ratios are used to assess the strength of DNA evidence and how likely it is that DNA found at a crime scene belongs to specific individuals.”

Cool!

8paws, Alice253, Wells and 4 others like this.
  15. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

Why authorities hold back information
    Todd Lappin, a retired Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department homicide detective, said holding back information is often key to solving the mystery.

"You want to keep a lot to yourself that only the suspect would know," said Lappin, the chief deputy for the Clinton County Sheriff's Office who retired from IMPD in February.

The sketch, Lappin said, likely is the result of looking at the case with fresh eyes. Investigators found something, he said, in all the tips, witness statements and evidence that leads them to favor this image over the other sketch.

Full article:
    Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years

8paws, Anirtak, Laughing and 11 others like this.
  16. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

I have read a number of times that Libby's phone was found by LE near the bodies.

17. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

Yes, but LE also retrieved the phone. :)

18. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That's what I think. He was following and menacing them. I don't believe he was saying one word to them at that time. (Amazing, BTW, that people can see him talking in two seconds of video. His body language wasn't of someone who was talking, IMO).

But I think they felt scared because of how he was quickly and scarily walking up to them quickly (I think) like that, without saying anything.

So Liberty decided to record him.

Smart girl.

19. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Today would be a fine day for an arrest.

No, I have no idea. Sorry.

crhedBngr, Charlot123 and cody22 like this.
  20. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Bingo ! I too believe his fast walking towards them is what caught their eye....moo

Stargazer34, 8paws, Laughing and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.