GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

But you cant get mad at LE or people working the case. Its just a bad combo of the video not being clear and it just so happens hes wearing basic clothes everybody out there probably wears.

2. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I almost always walk across high structures like that, including this bridge, with my hands in my pocket. I need to hold onto something and my pants pocket will usually suffice.

3. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

When the police stated that he could have worked in Delphi, this doesn't necessarily always mean a co-worker at a company or business.

The perpetrator could be someone who was a delivery guy from businesses/restaurants or even a courier with packages. Or, a delivery from a local lumber yard.

A delivery person is someone who looks familiar but we can't always place them.

4. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

That’s exactly it! Just the thought of walking across these tracks makes me nauseous ;)

5. mtnlites

I think the problem is that he was much farther away than it appears in the video. I've heard 50 feet, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the image has been zoomed in quite a bit, which is one of the reasons why it has limited clarity. Also, too, I don't believe the camera stayed on him for very long. I think Libby was trying to be discreet and what images/video we have were taken within a few flashing seconds. I bet if we were to see that whole segment we'd see shots of the ground, the bridge, maybe the sky, and then BG. It's difficult to walk, hold your phone discreetly, and film something behind you all at the same time.

6. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

It was much different in the 70s and 80s than it is today so just to say it can’t be expected after a mass murderer is captured the wife is going to face public wrath by admitting she had deep suspicions but kept quiet. If the murderer of these girls is in a functioning marriage and she hasn’t reported him, it’s because she knows but really doesn’t want to know. JMO

7. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly......I applaud a new direction....better than the old one that obviously didn't work.

8. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Makes sense. He had to be close enough for his voice to be picked up though, which is harder in a wide open space.

Quinquin likes this.
  9. mtnlites

I agree. The movie's about someone trying to deal with the murder of a child. It's a parallel to the case. I don't think there's a hidden meaning in it.

10. teeandcee

teeandcee Well-Known Member

That article had several interesting tidbits.

* “At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

* “Several” witnesses came forward to say they saw him walking the trails that day.

* Phone found with girls.

11. mtnlites

Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case

12. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Yeah, my smart phone generally produces really good images, UNTIL I zoom in. A picture of my cat across the room with the camera on zoom is barely worth taking once you see the quality of it on a computer. And I’m fairly certain he was further than “the other side of the room” at this point.

13. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

We don’t know that the audio was captured at that point. He could have been right next to her when he said those words.

14. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I recall he was about 70 feet away but I don’t know where I got that from either. There was definitely a fairly great distance involved which is why the photo appears very grainy and unfocused.

GH posted a couple videos and was able to match the tree limb and a certain rotted board iirc to the killers location on the bridge.

15. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly and willing to bet they’d gladly share it with whoever turned this monster in!

teeandcee likes this.
  16. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

Ignore the first sketch, they messed up. The second one is the real one and very good.

The 18-40 range threw me at first. I think they know his exact age. But my thinking is that they want people to come forward that saw him on the trail or as the driver of the abandoned vehicle and not limit witnesses in case he appeared older/younger.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  17. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

Putting on my optimism hat ..... as LE is certain he’s local, that lends support IMO to the theory he’s someone they’ve looked at already but can’t pin down - because they must’ve looked at every local possibility by now! JMO

.... and the multiple pleas to relatives and witnesses to come forward supports IMO the theory that the reason they can’t pin him down is someone is covering for him.

Moreover if he’s getting false alibi coverage IMO that supports the theory that he’s someone with some level of standing in the community, because a marginal figure will find fewer & less credible people to lie for him .... if he’s embedded enough to have one person lie for him, it seems likely that he’d be able to recruit others as well. And that can provide the sort of alibi that, even if false, can be a real barrier to prosecution.

And yet, following this line of thinking, he’d have to be simultaneously well-established enough to have people who will cover for him .... and not so well-established that the girls knew him (because IMO if they called him ‘a creepy guy’ they didn’t recognize him). So IMO that fits with the idea that he’s on the younger end of adulthood - however established he is, he’s likely only been in that position for a few years. (And/or he could be a somewhat recent transplant to Delphi - well-known & depended on by some people with enough credibility to cover for him, but not by everyone in town because that would’ve included the girls JMO.)

AFAIK the only real ‘change of direction’ in the recent press conference was the claim that BG is younger than previously thought .... that didn’t seem like a big deal at the time to me, but taking it as truth & following it thru as above can suggest IMO LE did know exactly what they were doing with that bizarre scene on Monday.

All this rambling is to say .... I’ve argued myself back into believing LE truly is getting close! Fingers crossed the arrest will come today!!

18. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

What a way to make friends!

MCDRAW and mtnlites like this.
  19. mtnlites

The audio could've been taken several minutes later. LE has never said that the image stills/video and audio were taken simultaneously.

20. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

What white van ?...... Link please ?.....moo

gitana1, callyn, weepingangel and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.