Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it even remotely possible that the "couple" WAS BG - and someone else (an accomplice), who had been waiting down at the site the entire time?

It could fit the witness report... (and could also help explain how TWO girls were overpowered and killed - without anyone hearing anything - something that definitely bothers me)

Not sure if they've ruled out the possibility that another person was involved...

MOO person with a handgun can easily order two people to follow orders. MOO

I still don't understand why they would leave the scratchy part in. It does not aid in recognizing the voice. Whether the Guys was said in the same sentence as DTH or added to provide more voice tone the scratchy part could have been cut but it wasn't.

I don't know. The scratchy part has always been there from what I recall.

But what I don't believe is that there is some secret, cryptic sound or voices to decipher in that scratchiness that LE wants us to decipher. It's not a game of Clue or whatever. You know what I mean?

Towards the end of the last thread, there was talk of changing the speed of the down the hill audio recording. I'm just giving my opinion LE has no reason to do that. They want his normal voice to be recognized. JMO

Agreed! Altering these things only harms the investigation imo

They released the video and the audio just as they want them viewed moo

I have a quote by a witness mentioned by name in a Heavy.com link dated 2017. Can I post the link and witness name? Is Heavy a MSM?

I will be home for a short while longer.

I’ll wait till I get a the OK to post message. Unfortunately in an hour I will be gone for a short while and be back home a little later from a physical therapy appointment.

It's a little rude to ask the public for help, and release multiple sketches, ask about cars etc. but then also tell us that we are "impeding" their investigation by sleuthing. In an ideal situation, they wouldn't need to release anything or ask the public anything, and I wish they had what they needed without having to appeal to the public.

IMO, it's always a tough balancing act for LE. Eye witnesses give information that LE can then use to solve crimes. The public is needed and crucial. But at the same time, they can hinder an investigation, especially with these FB groups, and the like, that are out there. The rumor mill can be very damming causing people to not come forward.

It's a little rude to ask the public for help, and release multiple sketches, ask about cars etc. but then also tell us that we are "impeding" their investigation by sleuthing. In an ideal situation, they wouldn't need to release anything or ask the public anything, and I wish they had what they needed without having to appeal to the public.

Some people get way too enthused. Way too involved. I mean, discussing it on this site (according to TOS -- very important distinction) and just hounding complete strangers to the point of destroying their lives, sending in tips about how the FBI can improve their investigation skills, tips with screenshots of complete strangers. That can impede. I would hope most of us here can find the balance.

MOO person with a handgun can easily order two people to follow orders. MOO
I agree with that... just an idea to try to make the witness part fit.

If there is audio missing between “guys” and “down the hill”, I could easily see him saying something about following orders and not getting hurt (and even if there isn’t audio, just motioning with the gun)

But once they are down below - I could see another person being involved (not that I necessarily think that was the case - just trying to consider all options that haven’t been specifically ruled out)

Do we know the girls walked through the creek for sure or is this just an assumption ?
It's an assumption based on the fact that the girls encountered BG on one side of the bridge and they were found on the other side of the creek. They either walked through the creek or back over the bridge.

Also, what they released is, IMO, as enhanced as it can be and still be clear. With all their technology why would they release something that can be improved upon? Why would they fail to release an "enhanced" version if it would help people ID the person?

Because what they released is as good as it gets. IMO.

THIS!! They've got a lot more information than anyone in the public. They know what they're doing and they've got reasons for their methods. JMO

I also don't have a lot of faith in the religious connection. I believe law enforcement has a very strong belief in the profile they have for the suspect. Part of that profile is the control aspect. Perhaps something came to light that caused law enforcement to need to show that THEY are in control. Announcing the presser several days in advance and holding to it and the rules imposed scream control to me.

My point of view on a couple of things. I have never considered Easter Monday a religious holiday. Is this a Catholic holiday? I'm not Catholic, so it's all I can think of.

I do think referring to Libby and Abby as "little girls" was super effective. The day after Easter automatically (for most people) evokes images of little girls in church in fancy Easter finery, and bee bopping around with Easter baskets, squealing with delight over found treasures.
I am in Germany and Easter starts on Green Thursday here and lasts through Tuesday. Everything is closed from 8pm Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. Grocery shopping is like the day before Thanksgiving

Information about the suspect or the crime based on first hand knowledge doesnt impede the investigation.

Yesterday, I saw someone recommend turning in a tip about a better way to focus on the photograph. Now THAT is an impediment to the investigation.

That is what the police are referring too.
<modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it even remotely possible that the "couple" WAS BG - and someone else (an accomplice), who had been waiting down at the site the entire time?

It could fit the witness report... (and could also help explain how TWO girls were overpowered and killed - without anyone hearing anything - something that definitely bothers me)

Not sure if they've ruled out the possibility that another person was involved...
They have never said an accomplice was ruled out. They have only said the audio was one person speaking. I think they would not want to publicly suggest they think there are more people involved because they would want him to believe he is going down alone for this crime.
If the couple were BG and an accomplice then perhaps the witness went down there and quickly turned back, otherwise he would have seen what they did.

My point of view on a couple of things. I have never considered Easter Monday a religious holiday. Is this a Catholic holiday? I'm not Catholic, so it's all I can think of.

So - I work for a church - United Methodist. Easter Monday isn't a holiday that the church practices per-say...but it IS one of the days that the church office and church closes after the Easter Weekend to give all of us who worked so hard leading up to Easter a bit of a break.

One might go so far as to say the answer was hiding in plain sight.
They do think the murderer has been hiding in plain site, but wouldn't any information from more than two years ago have been thoroughly followed through and investigated?
They say they have changed direction, but they never really indicated what led to that decision.
Aren't there many possibilities?
What evidence is there that the "answer" was in plain sight, and what exactly is the answer that some are alluding to?

Also, what they released is, IMO, as enhanced as it can be and still be clear. With all their technology why would they release something that can be improved upon? Why would they fail to release an "enhanced" version if it would help people ID the person?

Because what they released is as good as it gets. IMO.

But that’s what we thought about the first sketch which was presumably correlated with the image on the video and a witness[es].

I think Redbeard has it figured out. I think there was a text or call alert. Maybe even Libby’s dad trying to reach them.

all imo

I don't know. The scratchy part has always been there from what I recall.

But what I don't believe is that there is some secret, cryptic sound or voices to decipher in that scratchiness that LE wants us to decipher. It's not a game of Clue or whatever. You know what I mean?
Me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member